bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Post any Redemption Cemetery: Salvation of the Lost technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on May 17, 13 12:35 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

gillydi53
Clownfish
Clownfish
703 Posts

D/L

[Post New]by gillydi53 on May 17, 13 12:37 AM
Here we go again thought this was sorted 35mins and 2%

hannah57
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

Re:Post any Redemption Cemetery: Salvation of the Lost technical issues here only

[Post New]by hannah57 on May 17, 13 6:58 AM
I stopped the crashing but then while I was playing, the game just stopped and I have nothing else on this machine that needs updates flash or shockwave. I have NEVER had a game have so many problems. I reinstalled it so if I continue to have problems, it isn't me it's the game. I will delete it and forget about it.

desandnrs
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

Re:Post any Redemption Cemetery: Salvation of the Lost technical issues here only

[Post New]by desandnrs on May 17, 13 7:01 AM
Another new game that won't play on my computer! I never had so many problems with not being to play games until lately. I have all the other Redemption games and have had no trouble with them. I can't believe that all the new games are being made so different that my computer can't handle them. Makes me wonder if I should cancel my membership because I am not going to be able to use my pcc's or my gcc's if this problem continues. I certainly cannot afford to go out and buy a new computer because I can't play bfg's. It seems every time anyone is having the same kinds of problems we get told it is our pc's. Can't believe everyone is having pc problems all of a sudden. I have never seen so many tech issues until lately.

hannah57
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

[Post New]by hannah57 on May 17, 13 7:03 AM
Well it says runtime error and stops running so..... delete!!!

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on May 17, 13 7:13 AM
Hi Fishies,

For game performance issues, I would firstly recommend checking to see if you can run any graphical updates, as even a few simple updates can make a vast improvement to how the game runs and displays for you. The help article here will help you to do that.

For a run time error hannah57, I would suggest assigning some more permissions to your game; to give it the best chance of running without that error. The following help article will guide you through doing that:

Run Game as Administrator

desandnrs - for persistent issues across a number of games such as you have described, please contact our Tech Support Team so we can provide advice for each game, or at the very least, ensure that you are not left with game(s) you cannot enjoy.

Finally, I will need to direct those with download issues to our Tech Support Team as well as we are actively working on this issue and this will help us to track how the problem is affecting you and to make some specific suggestions.

Hoping this helps,

bfgBaikal

ppasolvr
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by ppasolvr on May 17, 13 2:03 PM
hannah57 wrote:Well it says runtime error and stops running so..... delete!!!

I am having the same problem, right after I get my Raven the Power Of Air. Was told that it was a conflict between my computer & the game. The ridiculous thing is that I can play the Collector's Edition past this point with no problems. Guess if I want to play this game, it's the Collector's Edition or nothing. Problem is, I didn't want to spend the extra money on the Collector's Edition, plus I wanted to use one of my (soon to expire) free game credits!

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on May 17, 13 2:48 PM
Hey ppasolvr,

Thanks for letting us know you're running into that Runtime Error as well. Interesting that this is only happening in the standard version.

If you haven't already I would try running the game as an administrator which gives the game the needed permission to run. You can find instructions for that by click on the blue text below:

Run Game as Administrator

Please also definitely contact Tech Support by clicking on the green to the right of the page and then selecting the Contact Us link to the bottom left. One of our Reps will be happy to work with you directly to try and figure that out!

Thanks!

bfgIzara

[Post New]by mooncat1950 on May 17, 13 6:10 PM
I just downloaded the trial game and got a "Trial Expired" msg from game manager. What's up?

lemarmot
Guppy
Guppy
108 Posts

[Post New]by lemarmot on May 17, 13 6:54 PM
ppasolvr wrote:
hannah57 wrote:Well it says runtime error and stops running so..... delete!!!

I am having the same problem, right after I get my Raven the Power Of Air. Was told that it was a conflict between my computer & the game. The ridiculous thing is that I can play the Collector's Edition past this point with no problems. Guess if I want to play this game, it's the Collector's Edition or nothing. Problem is, I didn't want to spend the extra money on the Collector's Edition, plus I wanted to use one of my (soon to expire) free game credits!

Me too ... I played thru the 60-minute demo of the Collectors' Edition with no problem - very curious. But I don't want to buy the Collector's Edition, I want the Standard Edition

Since I had no problem with the CE, I assume the error is with the SE game and not with my computer

hoping they fix it soon

unknitter
Clownfish
Clownfish
535 Posts

[Post New]by unknitter on May 17, 13 7:37 PM
I got a runtime error at the "Raven Power of Air" also. Tried running as administrator; it started a bit before that, but as soon as I got to that same point I got another runtime error.

mauza
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by mauza on May 18, 13 12:04 AM
I had same error on runtime my son who is an IT person downloaded ALL updates not just the latest and it works perfectly. I was using XP until it died and now have windows 7. Which is where I was having problems. He said to install runtime updates mine was from 2010 through to the present date. Mauza

[Post New]by enigmaman on May 18, 13 12:41 AM
Add-on to Mauza's reply

Where it reports that the C++ runtime terminated in an unexpected way within Windows 7 (or later.) Check which C++ runtimes are installed.

In Windows 7:
Launch Control Panel
Select Programs
Select Programs and Features (This will show the installed programs)
Scroll down until you see the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable listed

In my mother's case she had the 2005 and 2010 versions installed and is running the 64 bit version of Windows.

I then went to the Microsoft web site here:

[Removed by Moderator]

The updates I wanted were the Redistributable updates

I then downloaded the Visual C++ 2008 runtime redistributables for both 32 bit (x86) and 64 bit (x64) systems.

I then downloaded the Visual C++ 2012 runtime redistributables for both 32 bit (x86) and 64 bit (x64) systems.

I then installed all these redistributables and rebooted the computer.

She then uninstalled the game and reinstalled.

The game then worked without issue.

Edited on 05/18/2013 at 12:54:19 PM PST

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on May 18, 13 2:15 PM
Hey Fishies,

Just swimming in to help!

mooncat1950: Often uninstalling and reinstalling your game can help get that trial running! Just click on the following blue text for instructions if need be: Uninstall/Reinstall

lemarmot and unknitter: Helpful to know that you're running into that Runtime Error as well, and that running as an administrator didn't help. Please go ahead and write in to Tech Support with a Dr. Felix so they can get to the bottom of this!

mauza: Welcome to the Pond! So happy to hear that your son was able to help update the system and get the game running properly. Happy gaming!

If there are any further issues with the game please contact Tech Support by clicking on the green to the right of the page and then selecting the Contact Us link to the bottom left. One of our Reps will do everything they can to help!

Thanks and best of luck!

bfgIzara

ppasolvr
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by ppasolvr on May 19, 13 2:19 PM
bfgIzara wrote:Hey ppasolvr,

Thanks for letting us know you're running into that Runtime Error as well. Interesting that this is only happening in the standard version.

If you haven't already I would try running the game as an administrator which gives the game the needed permission to run. You can find instructions for that by click on the blue text below:

<a href="http://www.bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=1748">Run Game as Administrator</a>

Please also definitely contact <a href=http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/144284.page>Tech Support</a> by clicking on the green to the right of the page and then selecting the Contact Us link to the bottom left. One of our Reps will be happy to work with you directly to try and figure that out!

Thanks!

bfgIzara

Am already running as administrator, and went to tech chat live & was told nothing I can do. Luckily there's a 2fer sale for CE's & I got the CE.

cherbando
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by cherbando on May 20, 13 2:54 PM
I, too, am getting runtime error. I have never had this problem before. I hope there is a fix. I tried the run as administrator, I already am administrator. I have a request in to C/S with a Dr. Felix attachment. Today I am having problems with playing Phenomenon; Meteorite. This one gives me the white screen. I AM SO FRUSTRATED! I don't get how I can play games for days with no issues and then I have a problem. I just don't think it is my PC at fault.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on May 21, 13 3:08 AM
Hi Fishies,

As it seems you have already tried the suggestions offered to tackle the run time uissues, please don't hesitate to contact Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page.

They will be glad to assist you and provide some more specific advice.

We are very limited as to the support we can offer via the Forums hence, that team will be glad to help you out, providing some alternative solutions.

I hope this information is helpful!

bfgBaikal

[Post New]by Gamegirly25 on May 22, 13 10:37 AM
Once again, another ERS game I can't play due to technical errors. I'm NOT contacting TECH SUPPORT because the last time I did, I ended up messing up my computer from their recommendations, and had to pay a pro to fix it.
It seems as if many people are having issues with ERS games. Have you contacted them with all of our problems? Please get it together, guys. This is beyond ridiculous!

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on May 22, 13 11:17 AM
Hi Gamegirly25,

I'm so sorry to hear that you're experiencing those issues!

I certainly understand your frustration with this, and while we have definitely been in contact with the developer about issues that arise, the best way for us to get the information they need to help with any fixes is with a Dr. Felix sent to our Tech Support.

Also, if you'd prefer not to troubleshoot you're welcome to ask for some alternate options from one of our Reps.

Just click here to submit a support ticket via email. If you're a Big Fish Game Club member you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

I hope this helps explain it a little better and thanks!

bfgIzara

bookworm42
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by bookworm42 on May 23, 13 4:39 PM
desandnrs wrote:Another new game that won't play on my computer! I never had so many problems with not being to play games until lately. I have all the other Redemption games and have had no trouble with them. I can't believe that all the new games are being made so different that my computer can't handle them. Makes me wonder if I should cancel my membership because I am not going to be able to use my pcc's or my gcc's if this problem continues. I certainly cannot afford to go out and buy a new computer because I can't play bfg's. It seems every time anyone is having the same kinds of problems we get told it is our pc's. Can't believe everyone is having pc problems all of a sudden. I have never seen so many tech issues until lately.

same here, i played some of the demo with no problems, so i bought it. lo and behold 2nd time i trey and play it , game wont start. something like *redemption cemetery has stopped working ..... windows is checking for a solution "
this is happening too often. really angry and am in complete agreement with the above poster

Go to: