bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Reviews for Redemption Cemetery: Salvation of the Lost

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on May 17, 13 12:37 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Redemption Cemetery: Salvation of the Lost? We’d love to hear all about it, as would many of the other fishies in our pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the Redemption Cemetery: Salvation of the Lost page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgBaikal

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Re:Reviews for Redemption Cemetery: Salvation of the Lost

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on May 17, 13 12:37 AM
Hi Fishies,

I just wanted to add to the OP: This thread has been reserved for reviews only.

If you have any questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game) please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post as this can develop into a discussion that is not suitable to the review thread.

While the reviews in this thread are first and foremost helpful to other players, they also tell us and all who were involved in making this game, what you liked/disliked most, what you’d like to see more/less of in future games, etc. This can only help us in continuing to provide better games, which is what we all want!

We want to ensure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, so the Moderation Team will be proactively removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews) that pop up in this thread.

For any non-review related posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.

Thank you!

bfgBaikal

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on May 17, 13 12:38 AM
What did the Fishies think of the CE version of this game I wonder?

Click here to find out!

Hope ti helps!

bfgBaikal

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on May 17, 13 1:14 AM
Morning, Baikal and everyone...

There are 3 gameplay modes: Casual, Advanced, Soul Savior.

There is a choice of custom and system cursor.

There is voice-over.

There is proper widescreen.

Your Notes are on the right.

Also on the right is the HINT button, which takes about 30 seconds to refill in Casual mode.

There aren’t that many iHOS (interactive hidden object scenes).

Puzzles are many and can be skipped. The SKIP button takes about 30 seconds to fill in Casual mode.

Sometimes you will find an object in your Inventory list that has a + sign next to it. You can combine it with another object with a + sign by clicking on one object and then moving it to the other one and clicking on that one.

At the left is your MAP, which shows you where actions are needed, where you are (you are the candle), completed areas, and as yet undiscovered areas. You can also use the map to jump.
At the bottom of the map are tabs for the different areas you visit. Just click on the one you are not at, and the map will change to that area.

Also at the left is your Raven who will help you with his powers of Air, Earth, Water, and Fire. Just click on the area of the symbol which you want to use, and the raven will take off to retrieve whatever it is you can't get yourself.

However, each time you use the raven, its powers will diminish, so eventually you will have to get them back up by playing different really stupid (and for me annoying) mini games, which can be skipped, though. You can up the raven’s powers each time after using it, but you don't have to. The symbol always shows how much power you still have left.

At the top of your screen is a little tab that, when clicked, brings down the "Trophy Gallery". Click on it, and you will get to the gallery, which shows you how many medallions you have already collected. You need to find 5 of the same medallions for 4 different dog statues to be able to play the 4 mini games in the "Puppy Room", which can be accessed from the Main Menu or the "Trophy Gallery".
Not sure whether this only applies to the CE version...

--- --- ---

I am sad to say that, for me, this was the least enjoyable of the "Redemption Cemetery" games. I loved the others, but this one didn't fill me with a lot of exitement nor joy.

A short while into the bonus game I got so bored with it that I decided to delete the game without finishing it. Just as well I got this CE for half price or thereabouts.

Although I liked the main game on the whole, it was not as much fun as the previous games in the series. In fact, it was so different from the last ones, that I prefer to look upon this one as not being part of the series, even though it is.
Also, the raven games really put me off. By the time I finished with a mini game, I had completely forgotten where what was in the game, and what I had to do next. But, as I said, that’s just how I feel about this game.

jonah11
Minnow
Minnow
211 Posts

[Post New]by jonah11 on May 17, 13 6:07 AM
I agree with Valdy. This is my least favorite of the games. I enjoyed the others. glad I didn't buy CE. Not sure I am going to buy SE.

midori2
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by midori2 on May 17, 13 10:21 AM
Tried the free trial of this game, disappointed. Same old, same old from this developer. Spent quite a bit of money on games from them in the past, sadly they don't seem to progress much, so it's gotten boring. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. No more purchases for me from this developer.

[Post New]by BearCreekStables on May 17, 13 3:11 PM
I enjoyed the game a lot and brought the CE which I never do. If the Puppy Room is in the SE then it is more for children to enjoy but I played then anyway. LOL

blueskies01
Guppy
Guppy
161 Posts

[Post New]by blueskies01 on May 17, 13 10:00 PM
Have no idea why the devs decided to break up the game (all the time) with dippy make-work puzzles. Completely wrecked the game for me. No continuity. I wouldn't accept this game as a gift--it's a mess, imo. See for yourself, though.

lisablue4369
Flounder
Flounder
2,105 Posts

[Post New]by lisablue4369 on May 17, 13 10:06 PM
we must agree, all of the games before this one in the series, were enjoyable. this one didn't grab our attention like the others. we give it a 3 out of 5 .-----------doug & lisa.......................

GloriaEE
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by GloriaEE on May 19, 13 1:11 PM
What a brilliant game this is. I love all the Redemption Cemetery games but this is my favourite so far.

[Post New]by IamaGameJunkie on May 20, 13 4:10 AM
Originally posted in the CE Review Section....

I dunno.....been an ERS fan since their first game until about 6 months ago. Always had wide screen/sharp graphics when that seemed to be the opposite of most reviewers. Unfortunately, sequels aren't sequels anymore, now they are just open ended games. Not just this title, but also Puppetville. Played demos on both....was surprised to see this game has only 63 very short pages for a strategy guide including the bonus!
This and the last Puppetville are a no buy for me, even though I have all the previous games in the respective series....just getting tired of the same ole cemetary and puppet spiders. Bought the previous titles of both because I THOUGHT it was about time for both to end and didn't want to miss out.

I'm buying the latest Isabella because it says the trilogy ENDS with the latest title. Thank you for including that in the game description! That's a first!
Trilogies...OK.....and so are games like "Dark Parables", "Secrets of the Dark", etc. "Secrets" is a good example of a complete game with an ending, but it continues on in a different location/similar story... but it ends!
It's the never ending (no longer compelling) story lines that go nowhere that are getting to me. This is the first time I've written anything negative about ERS, because this M.O. has finally gotten to me.
Glad 2 people posted the bonus portion info (basically the same).....I don't usually highlight spoiler alerts, but this time I did, and have to give a shout out to the person for going indepth and glad I read it. That sealed the deal for me....sounds like another one in this series is all ready for release. If I do end up buying.....it will be the SE so I can end the series.... Oh well, sometimes all good things have to come to an end. But when?!?!?! LOL

dregester
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by dregester on May 30, 13 8:45 PM
I have all the previous Redemption Cemetery games but will not be buying this one. I just found that the tedious mini-games to power the raven were just too annoying. I understand they can be skipped, but I don't like a game where I have to do that.

cnbmimi11
Guppy
Guppy
192 Posts

[Post New]by cnbmimi11 on May 31, 13 1:31 PM
I must be the odd person out here because I enjoyed the game. I like the fact he was willing to do as the witch ask so he could be on his way and with his dog. Plus the fact he had to help someone who had done something wrong to another person to make it right. True it is not as good as the other ones, but the story line was very good.

layzeedaisy
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by layzeedaisy on Jun 7, 13 7:04 AM

After buying and playing all the other Redemptions, I found this one disappointing. Just didn't do it for me like the others in the series.

It also seemed a bit on the short side and the puzzles were just plain irritating.

I am finding that a few of these follow-up games are made just for the sake of keeping a series going which is a shame as it detracts from the excellence of the first game in the series. Just my opinion.

KimK27
Minnow
Minnow
237 Posts

[Post New]by KimK27 on Jun 16, 13 3:02 PM
Maybe it's because this is my first Redemption Cemetery game, but I'm really liking it. A little creepy, but not overly so. I'm more a fan of puzzles & adventure, less of HOS games, and I like the mix in this game. The graphics are beautiful; the music is appropriate. Some of the puzzles are exceptionally easy, but most of them offer at least a little challenge.

[Post New]by JustTheFacts on Jun 17, 13 4:43 AM
Redemption Cemetery Ups The Ante

BASED ON CE GAME & WALKTHROUGH

Now all games are going to be measured by this standard, and the other most recent triumphs of ingenuity we have seen from these developers.

Redemption Cemetery is one of my all-time favourite series. The simple structure of gaining your release from the cemetery by saving 3 lost souls works very well. It is really 3 STORIES in one. The entity behind your sudden abduction seems to be different for each game, and the help you receive is different too, but there are similarities.

In this game, the ‘spirit of the cemetery’ is personified by Hina, who not only traps you, but also kidnaps your dog! Our buddy the raven is here again, however he now has special abilities which you must recharge by solving an EASY yet INTERESTING PUZZLE.

And that is the best description of the game in general – EASY yet INTERESTING. There are plenty of both MINI-GAMES and HO SCENES. The HO SCENES are VARIED, there are 4 different types.

GRAPHICS are the famous WATER COLOURED HAND DRAWN that you either love or hate – with less pastel and more vitality, it seemed to me. The opening scene with the train is great.

There is a higher than usual COMPLEXITY in GAMEPLAY, not because individual TASKS were particularly difficult, but because there was so much to do and see.

There is a MAP, limited to the locale you are in, HINT & SKIP are both quick (on the easiest level anyway), and you have a journal.

How does it compare with the CE? Well , as a rule, I prefer to get the SE. Not in this case. If you can at all afford it, my advice would be go with the CE. As well as the usual extra play and SG, you have ACHIEVEMENTS, COLLECTIBLES, and a PLAY ROOM for your puppy, and games you can play with it that are not a part of the main game.

So it really is a different way to play.

This is still a very fun game, and I wouldn’t hesitate to buy it if CE games are not your thing.

I recommend this game!

addieh
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by addieh on Jul 18, 13 7:21 PM
After a few tense frustrated moments in the game and the making of my own doing I might add, I finally played it from beginning to end and like all the other Redemption Cemetary games, I was NOT disappointed!
They are always full of adventure. The HOS's are clear and not cluttered(at least to me).
Recommendation? I highly recommend this game. It was great!

qpr1
Clownfish
Clownfish
733 Posts

[Post New]by qpr1 on Jul 27, 13 8:45 AM
not a bad game, not a great game, as another reviewer pointed out, nothing new just more of the same

roaming
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

[Post New]by roaming on Aug 9, 13 9:56 PM
blueskies01 wrote:Have no idea why the devs decided to break up the game (all the time) with dippy make-work puzzles. Completely wrecked the game for me. No continuity. I wouldn't accept this game as a gift--it's a mess, imo. See for yourself, though.

This is not a game I would buy.

blueskies01
Guppy
Guppy
161 Posts

[Post New]by blueskies01 on May 12, 14 11:42 PM
I found the make-work puzzles too annoying. And although they can be skipped, it's a poor concept--completely breaks up the game. No buy for me, either.

Go to: