dhoneykids3
Guppy
Guppy
139 Posts

Selling Pets

[Post New]by dhoneykids3 on May 17, 13 10:19 AM
I want to sell a dog and a cat, but when I put them outside the gate, they just walk back into the yard. Same thing happens when I have the "decorate" tab pulled down, any suggestions?

exdir
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

Re:Selling Pets

[Post New]by exdir on May 17, 13 1:37 PM
I guess you just have to keep your pets. Why would you want to sell them?

Ayla1402
Clownfish
Clownfish
580 Posts

Selling Pets

[Post New]by Ayla1402 on May 17, 13 3:17 PM
dhoneykids3 wrote:I want to sell a dog and a cat, but when I put them outside the gate, they just walk back into the yard. Same thing happens when I have the "decorate" tab pulled down, any suggestions?

Open the decorate bar, sell something and then click on the animal which you want to sell before you close the decorate bar again. I have done this accidently. Maybe it is a glitch in my game.

dhoneykids3
Guppy
Guppy
139 Posts

[Post New]by dhoneykids3 on May 17, 13 6:54 PM
exdir wrote:I guess you just have to keep your pets. Why would you want to sell them?
I want to sell them to get other pets and I don't want a house full of animals.

sj1384_
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by sj1384_ on May 21, 13 5:48 PM
I would like the answer to this as well. I would like to try other pets but don't want a zoo.

dhoneykids3
Guppy
Guppy
139 Posts

[Post New]by dhoneykids3 on Jun 3, 13 7:21 PM
sj1384_ wrote:I would like the answer to this as well. I would like to try other pets but don't want a zoo.

I read another post that said when they clicked to buy another pet they got asked if they wanted to replace the one they had, I will try this. If it works, I'll tell you.

Ayla1402
Clownfish
Clownfish
580 Posts

[Post New]by Ayla1402 on Jun 3, 13 10:32 PM
dhoneykids3 wrote:
sj1384_ wrote:I would like the answer to this as well. I would like to try other pets but don't want a zoo.

I read another post that said when they clicked to buy another pet they got asked if they wanted to replace the one they had, I will try this. If it works, I'll tell you.

This works only in Virtual Families 1. But I already give you an answer in the third post of this thread. Have you tried this?

MikoLand
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by MikoLand on Jun 10, 13 10:33 PM
I tried it tho, just to see if it worked but I think it was a glitch. I made a new family just to try that out and sold the old couch and tried to sell the cat exactly the way you described.. Didn't work for me. I deleted the family lol The female I adopted didnt wanted to have kids anyway :p

Edited on 06/10/2013 at 10:34:45 PM PST

Ayla1402
Clownfish
Clownfish
580 Posts

[Post New]by Ayla1402 on Jun 12, 13 12:45 PM
I tried it once more and this time it was not possible. So it is definitely a glitch.

sj1384_
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by sj1384_ on Jun 12, 13 6:07 PM
Yeah, I tried it too, so it's someone's glitch. *sigh* At least now I know.

FadedLily
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

[Post New]by FadedLily on Jun 12, 13 9:34 PM
Ayla1402 wrote:
dhoneykids3 wrote:

This works only in Virtual Families 1. But I already give you an answer in the third post of this thread. Have you tried this?

I've been able to sell several puppies by clicking on them just after selling something else, before I close the decorate bar. Before I knew about that method, I just put them back up in the decorate bar after realizing I really didn't want the puppy after all. No offense to anyone, just more of a cat person.

[Post New]by pamelaann417 on Jun 13, 13 7:34 AM
Can pets be sold directly from the decorate bar? Meaning if you place them in there first, then place them out side the gate they can be sold? Are pets permanant? Just wondering about this before I buy a pet.

MikoLand
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by MikoLand on Jun 13, 13 10:50 AM
I don't have pets but I use to have one on my other family. I tried to sell the puppy too I couldn't not even in the methods described above. Did you tried the trash can ? Maybe try the trash can with the same method above? That's all the suggestions I got left.

dhoneykids3
Guppy
Guppy
139 Posts

[Post New]by dhoneykids3 on Jun 13, 13 1:32 PM
Ayla1402 wrote:
dhoneykids3 wrote:

I did try this but no luck, guess I have to get used to having a lot of pets! Thanks for the help though, appreciate it.

dhoneykids3
Guppy
Guppy
139 Posts

[Post New]by dhoneykids3 on Jun 13, 13 1:35 PM
Ayla1402 wrote:
dhoneykids3 wrote:

I did try this but no luck, guess I have to get used to having a lot of pets! Thanks for the help though, appreciate it.

[Post New]by gracieann11 on Jun 13, 13 2:36 PM
I placed my unwanted cat by the front gate then I sold something out of my décor tray and then immediately clicked on the animal. Bye bye kitty!

I'm glad that works and hope it continues to work for me. It's kind of odd that the game maker didn't give you any way to "dispose" of your pets. It would be nice if you could click on a button that says something about letting your pet go to a good home.

FadedLily
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

[Post New]by FadedLily on Jun 14, 13 9:02 AM
dhoneykids3 wrote:
Ayla1402 wrote:
dhoneykids3 wrote:

If you don't want the pet running around in your game, and selling it as people have already suggested isn't working for you, just put the pet back into the decorate bar. It will stay there, and at least be out of your way.

kit1717
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by kit1717 on Jun 2, 14 8:19 PM
I discovered by selling my cat that you have to put the pet as far past the gate as you can get (out into the street). Then it will sell. You really do have to place it as far away from the gate and yard as you can get. Otherwise, the pet just walks back into the yard. (You still have to do it when the decorate tab is pulled down. I did not sell anything else, but did pull the tab down to be able to sell the cat.)

Edited on 06/02/2014 at 8:22:01 PM PST

Go to: