bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Princess Isabella: The Rise of an Heir Collector's Edition

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on May 18, 13 12:29 AM
After nearly defeating the Witch, Princess Isabella was turned to stone and her child was rescued by her trusted friends Fairy and Dragon. Raised alone, with no idea of her lineage, young Princess Bella must rise and take back her kingdom. Join us for the exciting conclusion to the Princess Isabella trilogy. The Heir will rise!

This is a special Collector's Edition release full of exclusive extras you won't find in the standard version. As a bonus, Collector's Edition purchases count toward three stamps on your Monthly Game Club Punch Card!

The Collector's Edition includes:

Bonus game play that unlocks even more magical abilities!
Get a chance to see what it’s like behind the scenes
Access to concept art and wallpapers
Unlock a video gallery!

Edited on 05/21/2013 at 3:05:23 AM PST

nelliegemini
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,898 Posts

Re:Princess Isabella: The Rise of an Heir Collector's Edition

[Post New]by nelliegemini on May 18, 13 1:58 AM
Oh dear. Not for me I'm afraid. Lovely artwork, but the 'helper' fairy on helium drove me wild, and then there were three HOG in the first 15 minutes - none of which were interactive. They were also the 4 x pinecones, 4 x roses type which always seem a bit lazy to me. One of them was 'find all the evil objects', which was fun, but by then I was getting so pernicketty I was thinking 'what's so evil about bats and snakes - it's not their fault - what about killer bunnies'.

So basically, I was definitely not 'into' this game lol!

Maybe spoiler ...
And there's so much to do, make the wand - which you then use to borrow the skills of animals, then it upgrades (how?) so you can use it to break things. The dragon can lift items once you have assembled the flute to call him. I found myself longing for a crowbar and hidden key.

ETA Sorry no, not even for $2.99

Edited on 05/18/2013 at 1:59:43 AM PST

read61
Salmon
Salmon
2,775 Posts

[Post New]by read61 on May 18, 13 3:14 AM
I was looking forward to this one but I will be waiting for the SE. None of the things I want in a CE are in this game and the SG is not needed at all. Shame, really, like I said I was looking forward to it and with the sale this weekend I was really excited but I just cannot bring myself to buy...........

[Post New]by Tsunami79 on May 18, 13 6:12 AM
does anyone know when the standard edition is coming out?

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on May 18, 13 6:15 AM
Tsunami79 wrote:does anyone know when the standard edition is coming out?
I tthink about 4 weeks.

Euskalduna
Stingray
Stingray
5,991 Posts

[Post New]by Euskalduna on May 18, 13 7:14 AM
I think I'm past princes & princesses. Too sweet.

Sprattie
Herring
Herring
315 Posts

[Post New]by Sprattie on May 18, 13 1:27 PM
Looked like a good game but I'm too old for it. Fairies, princesses, cartoons, animated seedlings - not for me I'm afraid.

Oh, and lousy, lousy, lousy spelling. Learn some spelling rules, devs!

***edited to complain about lousy spelling***

Edited on 05/18/2013 at 1:32:06 PM PST

weyrelady
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by weyrelady on May 18, 13 2:55 PM

I like these fairytale sort of games and as I'm quite elderly I might be in my second childhood as they say, but even a five year old would find this game easy when you are shown where everything is the moment you go to a new location. I usualy play the advanced option on difficulty as I like to take time to enjoy the scenery and explore and search for all the puzzles and objects in a location and this includes HAVING TO FIND THE HOGS ( if there are any), even if I do need to skip puzzles occasionally, so I opted for very slow glints on the customised level as there was no option that avoided having sparkles on hogs and I thought I would would not have them lighting up too quickly with this option, but ( is there a fault here?) when I went to a new location in the trial game the hogs lit up with no time lag at all ?.
So I think ill wait for the cheaper game, as not being able to turn off sparkles makes the game too easy for me and not worth the price for the collectors edition then I will get it with a free game token and play it when I dont feel to smart.

Edited on 05/18/2013 at 3:39:59 PM PST

CiChDa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,972 Posts

[Post New]by CiChDa on May 18, 13 3:50 PM
Ditto, too "cute" for me...
I m tired of the dark and dreary, but......

Nynaeve70
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by Nynaeve70 on May 18, 13 6:19 PM
I read all these comments, but I actually enjoyed the game. It is nice to have something fairly simple and relaxing and doesn't feel so much like gloom and doom.

giddiup101
Minnow
Minnow
282 Posts

[Post New]by giddiup101 on May 19, 13 8:44 AM
What Happened???? I really enjoyed the previous games in the series but didn't care at all for this one. It's a shame, as I was really looking forward to getting it.

Well I guess I can save my $$ for something else, because I will not be buying this one!! This is definitely not worthy of a CE price, and to be honest, not even an SE price IMO...

[Post New]by nieakitty on May 19, 13 7:16 PM
I wonder why there is soo much bad hype on the game. After playing so many dark and gloomy HOGA games like Dark Parables, Spirit of Mysteries, and other series. I felt this game as a light break from it. I watched someone play the demo and/or beta test of the game, and I played it a bit. However, I see no different in the difficulty or pretty much easier than the second. Not that I desired easier, but I would like my mind to have a break from my collection of highly intense HOGA with puzzles. However, I wonder what is the true reason for the bad hype. Is it really because of the difficulty or is it that people are mad that they waited soo long from the second game so this is a way to spite the game?
Or maybe the game is being too bold to dare ask for people to buy a collector edition when they waited soo late to put it out for the fans and they are now more advanced players at this game?

I have no idea what the intention is. I have played bad games that I'm glad I only paid a dollar for. And compared to those games, this game is definitely not bad.

read61
Salmon
Salmon
2,775 Posts

[Post New]by read61 on May 20, 13 7:24 AM
I appear to be in the minority here (!) but I actually did not mind this one. I was going to wait for the SE however as I did not think it was worth the CE price............then along came the sale today and for the same money I can get the CE so I am off to purchase. Sometimes it is nice to have a break from dark and gloomy games and play something with bright colours and daylight! I have both the other ones and am looking forward to finishing this series...........

Sprattie
Herring
Herring
315 Posts

[Post New]by Sprattie on May 23, 13 2:13 PM
I'm all for games aimed at children - ones that have pleasant stories and imaginative puzzles where a child can shine - just please, please advertise them as such. So many of these games are inconsistent, with frightening scenes and situations that would traumatize a child, so how do you know what the content and level of the game are going to be? I guess a lot of my foreknowledge of a game comes from these game forums, but so many players comment on the demo rather than on the completed game, and so many demos I've tried this spring have been totally misleading (the Castle game, for example - demo was great and remainder of game was appalling.)

At least movies have ratings so you know in advance what age group they're for.

Go to: