SUGGESTIONS

SUGGESTIONS

[Post New]by dylansmom1979 on May 19, 13 3:25 PM
1) ENERGY: PLANTING, WATERING AND HARVESTING:

I have some suggestions and anyone else that has some suggestions for the game please put them here so maybe they will see it and change some stuff.

I can only plant a very limited amount of crops since planting, watering and harvesting all take energy. If I have 27 energy I can not plant 27 because it takes energy to plant, then shortly after I have to water which takes more energy and then energy to harvest.

Yes it should take energy to harvest but not to plant or water. If I have 27 energy I should be able to plant 27 or a little more crops and still have the energy to actually harvest them... If I plant a crop that takes a while, then I know my energy builds back up in time to harvest, but if I want to plant a 2 minute, 5 minute or another short time crop, I can only plant 7 or 8 because I have to use energy to plant, then save enough to water and save more to have enough to harvest the short time crop.

2) TRAVELING:

Be able to go to another area even if you have max quests open. I have 2 more places open on my map but when I try to go, it says I have max quests active and cant travel. I think maybe you can have that max amount of quests open for each area, like if I have 4 or 5 quest icons on my home town, then I go to another area on the map and can have 4 or 5 there. I say this cause most of my active quests require quite a bit of silver for me to finish what I have to do and build so I dont see me being able to travel anytime soon. I opened up the areas, I should be able to go there.

3) MOVE ANYTHING:

Some items it says I cant move, I would like to move the starter square wooden pathways and rearrange my buildings and homes but some things say they cant be moved. I would like to be able to rearrange any decoration or building.

4: CUSTOMIZE CHARACTER AND HOMES:

I would like to be able to customize the look of my character and husband Hair style and color, clothes, eye color, face features, ect... I would like to be able to paint the outside of my houses and buildings whatever color I want and maybe offer different styles of designs for the look of the buildings.

5) HAVE MORE INTERACTIVE OBJECTS:

I like the rocking chair we had to get in the beginning of the game and every so often when you arent doing anything, your character either looks like she is catching butterflies or rocking in that chair. I wish for more items like that and also if you click it, you interact with it.

Edited on 05/19/2013 at 3:38:01 PM PST

mizmoose
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

Re:SUGGESTIONS

[Post New]by mizmoose on May 19, 13 4:53 PM
I SUGGEST you read other posts on the forum and play the game longer before making suggestions that make no sense.

1) You do not HAVE to water, or fertilize, etc. any of the plants or trees or shrubs.

All you MUST do is plant them. If you do not do anything else they will grow in the amount of time the store says they do.

When you water or fertilize, etc. it knocks some of the time off the growth time.

After a while you will build a school, and the characters will learn to do things to increase things furthers, so that watering, etc. knocks even more time off of the growth time.

2) You can get more energy other ways than spending money or just waiting.

Make sure to catch butterflies (the sparkly ones), moles, and fishies. Some of them will give you the blue bottles. You can exchange 7 blue bottles for 5 points of energy. (There are other exchanges but they are sucker bets. Buying 5 points for 7 bottles is costing you 1.4 bottles per 1 point of energy. Buying 10 points for 15 bottles costs you 1.5 bottles per 1 point of energy. Buying 20 points for 40 bottles is 2 bottles per 1 point. Stick to 7 for 5.)

Eventually you will build a snack bar so you can basically buy energy for money.

3) You cannot TRAVEL in the early parts of the game. Eventually you will be able to do quests. The error message of "You already have enough quests" is stupid, because you aren't doing quests. The little jobs/chores on the farms ARE NOT QUESTS. Quests are when other cities ask you for so much product. It's a way of selling off extra stuff at a higher price than you normally get.

You will get to them later in the game.

As for your other suggestions, they may or may not have merit, but, frankly, I would like them to fix bugs before they go putting in trivial things like hair styles and eye color.

[Post New]by dylansmom1979 on May 19, 13 5:28 PM
ok

Edited on 05/19/2013 at 5:42:14 PM PST

[Post New]by dylansmom1979 on May 19, 13 5:41 PM
I didnt realize I didnt have to water but I still dont think it should take energy to plant. If I plant a 2 or 5 minute, or another short time crop I can only plant like 13 crops when I have 27 energy cause I have to have enough to be able to harvest.

I did know about the moles, sharks and butterflies but I have been playing daily for almost a week and only a couple times got 1 energy.

I have 2 green ! on my map today that I am pretty sure havent been there to begin with. I think there was a lock on it prior to today and when I click the green ! it tells me I have the max amount of quests active or something like that.

I havent had any bugs yet, but I am not ruling that out because there are always bugs but I would eventually like customization for buildings, me and my spouse.

I will keep in mind not to worry about watering but still planting taking energy for 1 thing cuts the amount of crops I can plant in half and another thing prevents me from planting more right away once I have harvested.

Edited on 05/19/2013 at 5:44:45 PM PST

[Post New]by CapricornSongs on May 20, 13 9:14 AM
dylansmom1979 wrote:

I have 2 green ! on my map today that I am pretty sure havent been there to begin with. I think there was a lock on it prior to today and when I click the green ! it tells me I have the max amount of quests active or something like that.

It does seem that you can only have 5 active quests at a time. Unlike what the other poster said, I DO count quests from people on the farm AND from travel cities. Quests from people on your farm seem to take priority since, if you have 4 quests and go to the map, you will get the "too many quests" error. Once the exclamation turns to an arrow, you are free to visit the town.

Unlike with farm quests, you have the option NOT to take a travel quest. Check the amount they are paying you for crops and also that the requested item is open to you. (I have 4 travel requests asking for products I can't access for 2-4 more levels.) Sometimes it's a great deal and sometimes it's not. (I was offered 11K for 20+ of an item that I could sell for 40K.) Also, if you are going to accept a travel quest, do it before you plant the crop since the clock (until the next quest) starts at acceptance, not completion. I haven't seen a definitive post on whether or not quests disappear after not being done/accepted for a while but none of mine have, so you don't want to stick yourself with a quest you can't/don't want to complete.

Edited on 05/21/2013 at 2:40:23 AM PST

mizmoose
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by mizmoose on May 20, 13 6:56 PM
I always grow the crop first, then "accept" the travel quest. No clock time needed, boom! it's done.

[Post New]by CapricornSongs on May 21, 13 2:39 AM
mizmoose wrote:I always grow the crop first, then "accept" the travel quest. No clock time needed, boom! it's done.

The clock time I meant is the time until you get a new travel quest from the town you just delivered to. When you accept the task, it starts a timer - and you don't know in advance how long it will be. The timer ends when it gets to 0, not when you deliver the goods. So if you have 12 hours and you grow a 12 hour crop "off the clock", you've wasted 12 hours that you STILL have to wait for a new quest.

MzShel
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

[Post New]by MzShel on May 21, 13 11:27 AM
I can't do any of the travel quests. I'm at level 21 and all the quests are for milk or other products. Can't get cows and therefore milk until I reach level 23. One of the other quests is for cheese. Can't get that factory until I'm at level 27. And one is for shirts and you can't make shirts until level 25.
What good are quests that you can't accept or do until you level up?

[Post New]by QueenieBabe on Jun 7, 13 12:11 PM
MzShel - I totally agree. What's the point of giving quests that you can't complete for another 3 or 4 levels? Each level takes a long time to increase, and it would be more enjoyable if you could have quests that are completable for the level you are at. Having more completable levels would make the game much more enjoyable and it wouldn't get so frustrating when trying to increase the levels without completing quests. Loving the game, but I think there are lots of improvements that could be made to improve the game play.

chellewalker
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

[Post New]by chellewalker on Jun 18, 13 12:08 PM
I hate having to use the arrows when selling items in the barn. If you have a 1000 of an item and want to sell 100 of that item you have to constantly click on the down arrow. Why can't they have it to where you can click on the up arrow when you are at 1000 at it go to 1 so you can start there? Or have it to where you can type in the number you want to sell? Please make this easier!!!

Matahari24
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,046 Posts

[Post New]by Matahari24 on Jun 21, 13 1:19 PM
chellewalker wrote:I hate having to use the arrows when selling items in the barn. If you have a 1000 of an item and want to sell 100 of that item you have to constantly click on the down arrow. Why can't they have it to where you can click on the up arrow when you are at 1000 at it go to 1 so you can start there? Or have it to where you can type in the number you want to sell? Please make this easier!!!

True!!

Kwan_Yin
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by Kwan_Yin on Jun 27, 13 1:26 PM
Would love to be able to use keyboard arrows to move around the screen.

Even more, would love to turn off husband's whittling & building noises. If he is whittling by the side of the garden plots, I have him go make bricks, even if all I have left is 1 energy point, just to make him stop it.

Question - while we're at it, are there any ways to get planks/boards without spending so much money?

jdsmom1499
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by jdsmom1499 on Jun 27, 13 5:15 PM
Kwan_Yin wrote:Would love to be able to use keyboard arrows to move around the screen.

Even more, would love to turn off husband's whittling & building noises. If he is whittling by the side of the garden plots, I have him go make bricks, even if all I have left is 1 energy point, just to make him stop it.

Question - while we're at it, are there any ways to get planks/boards without spending so much money?

Pick up all the tree stumps or have Grandpa chop down trees. Tree stumps can be picked up by Jennifer or Husband. That does take energy though. I always pick up stuff when I have a 4 hour energy spree.

I just saw that you needed boards sorry for misunderstanding. Build the Sawmill then Grandpa can make boards from logs. Or go to your collections and there are one or two that give you boards.

Edited on 06/27/2013 at 5:17:10 PM PST

Matahari24
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,046 Posts

[Post New]by Matahari24 on Jun 28, 13 3:17 AM
Hay fishies!
I am on level 25 and since level 24 almost all the quests are asking products that I am not able to produce yet (I need levels 28, 30 etc). At first I kept denying the quests (from the other cities) but NONE other would come from the neighbors or the main characters. So I started buying them out with gold coins (thankfully it is only 2 or 3 coins each). Even so, more quests are still NOT coming (except form the cities).
I need to level up, but it is time consuming to do it without quests.
I tried the 4 hours unlimited, planting products that give more red stars, charging collections, etc but I keep progressing like a snail.
Any other suggestions?

LadyLavander
Minnow
Minnow
224 Posts

[Post New]by LadyLavander on Jun 29, 13 11:56 AM
Love the game and here are a few ideas just a few I'd like to see added

Winery - different types of grapes, different types of wine/vinegar etc - it could be a wine press barrel
Workshop = build furniture, birdhouses, etc Gramps builds some and Mike does some
Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
Banana Bread, Pudding, Cream Pie
Oatmeal Raisin Nut Cookies, bread
Cinnamon Trees
Pastas - Spaghetti, elbows, fetticuni
Mustard Plants
Honey Mustard
Can Beets, beans etc
Make bread, rolls etc and then have another step to slice for another quest
A duck flies in and lands on the pond and you click like the butterflies and mole
A frog to click
Clay Pit - Pottery, plates, bowls, etc
More Flowers, and requests
Cream of Mushroom Soup
Cheese Soup
Cheese and Brocolli Soup
Peacocks harvest the feathers
Big tree - squirels - **** nuts - shoo away
Mississippi Boat docks once in awhile and you get a chance to gamble and win money, roulette, poker, slot machine
Storm wreckage, get money or 15 min free play etc.
Incubator to raise chicks to sell
Potato Salad - Potatoes, Mustard, Eggs, Mayo, Horseradish, pickles
One Hour Unlimited play time = 5 Gold Coins
Had mentioned fishing contest with Mike and Gramps so how about one on the riverside and sometime they would get an old shoe, tuna (to sell) etc
More Space!

Ayla1402
Clownfish
Clownfish
580 Posts

[Post New]by Ayla1402 on Jun 30, 13 3:05 AM
Matahari24 wrote:Hay fishies!
I am on level 25 and since level 24 almost all the quests are asking products that I am not able to produce yet (I need levels 28, 30 etc). At first I kept denying the quests (from the other cities) but NONE other would come from the neighbors or the main characters. So I started buying them out with gold coins (thankfully it is only 2 or 3 coins each). Even so, more quests are still NOT coming (except form the cities).
I need to level up, but it is time consuming to do it without quests.
I tried the 4 hours unlimited, planting products that give more red stars, charging collections, etc but I keep progressing like a snail.
Any other suggestions?

I have planted crops which give more red stars and tried to get the achievements. At the highest level of the achievements you can get 3000 red stars. It is not useful to buy out the quests with gold. In the higher level you don't get always quest with you can complete at this level. So you need the former quests to level up. I only complete quest with paying gold when I need plants which I can only buy with gold. There are a few collections which you can exchange for red stars.

judy1689
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
487 Posts

[Post New]by judy1689 on Jul 2, 13 9:31 AM
LadyLavander wrote:Love the game and here are a few ideas just a few I'd like to see added

Winery - different types of grapes, different types of wine/vinegar etc - it could be a wine press barrel
Workshop = build furniture, birdhouses, etc Gramps builds some and Mike does some
Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
Banana Bread, Pudding, Cream Pie
Oatmeal Raisin Nut Cookies, bread
Cinnamon Trees
Pastas - Spaghetti, elbows, fetticuni
Mustard Plants
Honey Mustard
Can Beets, beans etc
Make bread, rolls etc and then have another step to slice for another quest
A duck flies in and lands on the pond and you click like the butterflies and mole
A frog to click
Clay Pit - Pottery, plates, bowls, etc
More Flowers, and requests
Cream of Mushroom Soup
Cheese Soup
Cheese and Brocolli Soup
Peacocks harvest the feathers
Big tree - squirels - **** nuts - shoo away
Mississippi Boat docks once in awhile and you get a chance to gamble and win money, roulette, poker, slot machine
Storm wreckage, get money or 15 min free play etc.
Incubator to raise chicks to sell
Potato Salad - Potatoes, Mustard, Eggs, Mayo, Horseradish, pickles
One Hour Unlimited play time = 5 Gold Coins
Had mentioned fishing contest with Mike and Gramps so how about one on the riverside and sometime they would get an old shoe, tuna (to sell) etc
More Space!

I love all these suggestions! Perhaps some could open another window to play new scenes . . . that would be awesome!

judy1689
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
487 Posts

[Post New]by judy1689 on Jul 2, 13 4:58 PM
Would be fun if a BFG fish was in the river . . . maybe gives away gold coins if you can catch it . . . !

Matahari24
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,046 Posts

[Post New]by Matahari24 on Jul 3, 13 6:28 AM
judy1689 wrote:Would be fun if a BFG fish was in the river . . . maybe gives away gold coins if you can catch it . . . !

lol!

somima
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by somima on Jul 6, 13 11:52 PM
I hope so much they will overthink the quests. To have quests 5 Levels ahead is very frustrating. It would be much more fun to play if I could work on quests even if they take more than one level to complete.

Go to: