bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

Post any Family Tales: The Sisters technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on May 20, 13 12:35 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

Re:Post any Family Tales: The Sisters technical issues here only

[Post New]by jennsmom on May 20, 13 5:01 AM
During the tutorial, I could not close the journal, but had to close the game. Then, I was stuck when I went back. I found a couple of things, but couldn't do anything. Tried clicking the hint, which went dark, but didn't show me anything at all. What's up?\\

Edit: I uninstalled and reinstalled and things appear to be working correctly. I will probably purchase.

Edited on 05/20/2013 at 5:41:39 AM PST

New1
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by New1 on May 20, 13 5:10 AM
I have no play or buy button!!!!! Never had this happen before.

Micha1234
Clownfish
Clownfish
910 Posts

[Post New]by Micha1234 on May 20, 13 5:28 AM
New1 wrote:I have no play or buy button!!!!! Never had this happen before.

New1, are you signed in?

truddi
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by truddi on May 20, 13 6:06 AM
After reading reviews I was looking forward to this game.

I found the custom cursor had little or no control so I cancelled and changed to the basic one.

This had little or no affect, It is still floating about so sadly I wont be buying this game now.

Edited on 05/20/2013 at 6:07:14 AM PST

Bonniesan
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by Bonniesan on May 20, 13 7:11 AM
I have no sound effects. I can turn the music up and down, but no other sounds. Don't know if there's supposed to be voices, but if there is, I don't have those either.

catathang
Guppy
Guppy
188 Posts

[Post New]by catathang on May 20, 13 7:15 AM
truddi wrote:After reading reviews I was looking forward to this game.

I found the custom cursor had little or no control so I cancelled and changed to the basic one.

This had little or no affect, It is still floating about so sadly I wont be buying this game now.

This is the second time in two days that the cursor is not working on games I want to buy. It's a sin really. I so badly want a new game to play. Going back to delete

ysbrand
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by ysbrand on May 20, 13 7:34 AM
Am having the exact same problem that Bonniesan is having concerning the sound. This is the 3 or 4th game this has happened with and please do not tell me to do a "Dr. Felix". Brand new computer and if someone else is having the same issue then it is not computer but the game. My cusor is also a little floaty.

rpm604
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by rpm604 on May 20, 13 8:18 AM
No sound effects at all, music works fine :o(

sportygal2009
Salmon
Salmon
2,503 Posts

[Post New]by sportygal2009 on May 20, 13 12:55 PM
Well now that I've played the demo of this game and I quite like it but I read there are no voice overs. If this is so well that's fine but I must say I do find it odd that indeed if there are no voice overs for this game then why does the lady say "Hello" towards the beginning of the game when she is on the phone? After this point no voice overs as I've made it a way past the demo time and there is a guy at the door of the asylum and there is a text box with dialogue but HIS MOUTH IS MOVING. Um why have his mouth move if he isn't going to actually say anything? Then I came across another guy in the game and his mouth didn't move as there was just text dialogue boxes to read.

Now games I've played with voice overs it is has never been for all dialogue in the game. Just parts and no problem there but this game either has them or they don't. Like I said I just can't believe that would be the one and only voice over is "HELLO" so far as no I haven't finished the game yet.

Oh and yes I've already wrote to the customer service peeps. Hopefully hear back shortly. Now if there are voices to this game I'd like to have them but if hello is the only voice over well then please to the developer to stop the madness with the mouth movement on characters if they don't talk.

ETA: Now I do have sound effects and music. No problem there. I'm also running on Windows 7 PC 64 bit.

Edited on 05/20/2013 at 4:36:52 PM PST

tophen
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by tophen on May 20, 13 1:33 PM
can not buy game.get this message.unable to process order right now.try again later.have tried 3 xs no luck

bigdave02
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by bigdave02 on May 20, 13 1:44 PM
Happened to me a while ago, it turned out that my credit card was passed its expiry date.Justupdate your details.

RaceCat3
Marlin
Marlin
9,644 Posts

[Post New]by RaceCat3 on May 20, 13 8:07 PM
I also have no sound, except music which I turn down anyway. I dislike playing a game without sound effects.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on May 21, 13 2:31 AM
Hi Fishies!

If the cursor is not behaving itself, I would suggest having a look at the following help article which will guide you through updating those elements that run your game, including the cursor:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

This can help the game to run more smoothly and hopefully will make the cursor more responsive.

Another thing you can try is to disable the custom cursor as this has helped Fishies with a similar display issue. I know it may not be easy to access the Options menu to do so but if you can at all, I would try that.

For those having issues purchasing or install a trial of the game, I would suggest clearing your cache and also ensuring that you have the most up to date browser; as these two steps, can help with issues interacting with our site.

I have included some helps articles below to help you with this:

Clear Browser Cache

Update Browser

Finally, sound issues are notoriously difficult to pin down so for those of you experiencing these, it is best to work with Tech Support on this..

When contacting Support, please run a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report and then send that over to our Tech Support Team. One of our Reps will be happy to help with your issue!

Thank you,

bfgBaikal

Edited on 05/21/2013 at 2:35:36 AM PST

Re:Post any Family Tales: The Sisters technical issues here only No Sound

[Post New]by MarydeBeus on May 21, 13 4:53 PM
Also have no sound effects. I tried turning up the sound on my computer as loud as it would go, turning music down in game, turning sound effects up in game. Sometimes heard background noises (like wind blowing when outside), but no other sound effects

I quit playing the game and will not buy unless this is fixed. A shame coz this looks like a great game.

[Post New]by angelofmusic62 on May 21, 13 8:46 PM
Getting seasick watching my cursor float around the screen.The usual tricks aren't working. Delete.

lauder
Herring
Herring
358 Posts

[Post New]by lauder on May 22, 13 12:46 AM
played game it froze twice, then it started working fine and I bought game, now game will not show up on my screen and when I find a way to go in it keeps freezing up. please help

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on May 22, 13 7:38 AM
Heya Fishies,

I'm sorry to hear about the problems you are experiencing .

MarydeBeus - Welcome to the Pond! Sometimes when the sound won't play properly for a game that could mean that some of the sound files haven't been installed properly. For this your could definitely try h uninstalling and reinstalling the game as it will make sure that all files are in good working order.

angelofmusic62 - That sure doesn't sound pleasant! If a hardware cursor option for the game is available, this could help to ease the problem a little. Otherwise, if you haven't tried it yet, a cursor can also appear floaty when some of the drivers for your computer are in need of an update. You can check some steps on how to get everything up-to-date by clicking here.

lauder - Especially since your game froze at first as well, i suspect that these issues are caused by your computer having problems to display the game. As mentioned above, we might be able to fix this by making sure that all of your drivers and software are up-to-date with the steps that are available here.

If this doesn’t help, our Technical Support will be more than happy to have a further look at this with you so you can enjoy your game again! To get help faster it would be a great help if you could include a Dr. Felix report. You can contact them 24/7 by clicking on the green envelope at the top-right of this page. On the next page you can find the Contact Us link on the bottom-left.

If you are a member of our Big Fish Game Club you can contact us without waiting through our Live-Chat, which is open for you Monday – Friday from 7:30 am – 4:30 pm PST.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

[Post New]by deedso on May 25, 13 1:08 PM
I am on the floating island in the cave by the trolly. I picked up the glass jar (w/2 horns) & matches from the niche in the wall, but now I don't have the glass jar!....can't find it anywhere.

Update: never mind, I must've been tripping. It wasn't even in the niche...duh

Edited on 05/25/2013 at 1:13:04 PM PST

c0ffeecup
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by c0ffeecup on May 30, 13 8:15 PM
No matter what I try, I cannot get the combination on the horse head to work. I found the combination on the torn up painting and I sewed it together. Have tried running combination starting clockwise from 0, tried starting clockwise from one, tried starting from 0 conterclockwise etc,.. I have also uninstalled and reinstalled and the combination still doesnt work no matter what I do. I checked in the forum and I have the right combination. What can I do now

Go to: