bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

Reviews for Family Tales: The Sisters

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on May 20, 13 12:36 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Family Tales: The Sisters? We’d love to hear all about it, as would many of the other fishies in our pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the Family Tales: The Sisters page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgBiwa

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

Re:Reviews for Family Tales: The Sisters

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on May 20, 13 12:37 AM
Hi Fishies,

I just wanted to add to the OP: This thread has been reserved for reviews only.

If you have any questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game) please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post as this can develop into a discussion that is not suitable to the review thread.

While the reviews in this thread are first and foremost helpful to other players, they also tell us and all who were involved in making this game, what you liked/disliked most, what you’d like to see more/less of in future games, etc. This can only help us in continuing to provide better games, which is what we all want!

We want to ensure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, so the Moderation Team will be proactively removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews) that pop up in this thread.

For any non-review related posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.

Thank you!

bfgBiwa

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on May 20, 13 12:57 AM
Played 35 minutes, easy

- 3 modes, easy, expert, pro

- No voice overs

- Notebook

- Hint is useful outside H0 and refill nearly instantly in easy mode

- Skip button, fills real quick, still easy mode

- H0, not too many of them, your interact, in some you have to perform an action before being able to enter it, in others you have to find silhouettes and use the object to get next next one. Quite fun.

- Quite a few mini games, regular ones, not over difficult up till what I've played

- Good graphics

- Music a bit loud and slightly repetitive

You have a nightmare about your sister and decide to visit her. , surprise, surprise, she has disappeared !!! You investigate. This looks like a nice SE and I will spend a punch card credit on it.

pjplanner
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by pjplanner on May 20, 13 1:10 AM

Edited on 05/20/2013 at 3:05:46 AM PST

Hapless
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
427 Posts

[Post New]by Hapless on May 20, 13 1:24 AM

Edited on 05/20/2013 at 3:10:07 AM PST

nomatt
Herring
Herring
377 Posts

[Post New]by nomatt on May 20, 13 2:00 AM
I'm in the UK too, Manchester. Downloaded and installed in five minutes?
Bought after 20 minutes play with a punch card thingymebob. Very nice graphics and seems like a very nice game. Not played enough for a proper review but bought on first impressions and they were good.

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on May 20, 13 2:12 AM
I like this game and bought it. Finaly I can use a PCC.
Puzzles are very nice and the HOS are great.

Give it a try!
Happy gaming.

LadyLark
Minnow
Minnow
285 Posts

[Post New]by LadyLark on May 20, 13 3:45 AM
This game should be an outright reject due to an extremely aliased (jagged) font face throughout the game: HOs, Journal, narrative. Likewise, some of the HO objects themselves. The devs should be ashamed to present the game with this major flaw and I'm surprised let it slide by without correction. I'm giving it a DDD* because it has the saving grace of morphing rooms. And I'm a sucker for morphing rooms. Still: I will give it a better rating if they put out an update, but I'm not holding my breath on that one!

*Desperation Daily Deal: it's the end of the month, I'm desperate for one more punch on my card, and this is the Daily Deal (or CotW, or whatever).

[Post New]by heatherington on May 20, 13 4:09 AM
This game seemed so familiar when I first started playing it. I had to check my game list to see if I had already bought it. Then it occurred to me that I had beta tested this game some months ago and I liked it at the time. It is a good adventure. The interactive hidden object scenes are really challenging. I had to use a lot of hints so I'm thankful that there are no achievements to be gained. I liked it. And I bought it..

ingeash
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

[Post New]by ingeash on May 20, 13 6:11 AM
Well, I don't usually have time to review too busy playing the game. I can't believe the hint is no good just tells me to undo the bag on snowman and I have tweezers and a tube of paint and of course neither work opening bag. Took me 5 mins to find out I don't like it. Bye bye game

nomatt
Herring
Herring
377 Posts

[Post New]by nomatt on May 20, 13 6:56 AM
Well after playing loads more I have to say what a brilliant game. I also must say I don't understand some of the criticisms. The graphics for me are beautiful and smooth, colouful and very crisp. The puzzles are a joy as are the HOS which are nicely interactive. I personally think it's a bonus not having those stupid 'morphing' objects or 'achievements'. I always find them a distraction and an annoyance, this game is so engaging it doesn't need them. I would happily pay CE money for this game. No idea as to it's length but I hope it goes on and on. I know we all like different things in a game but this one is perfect for me.

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on May 20, 13 7:06 AM
I wanted to like this one. It's so rare to get a decent SE. But eventually the jagged edges wore me down. Just not very pleasant to look at. There was so much toing and froing at the beginning that I lost interest.

catzzz666
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

[Post New]by catzzz666 on May 20, 13 7:33 AM
I was thoroughly entertained and the hour demo went by quickly. I thought the graphics were good and the difficulty of the puzzles just right. I had no problem whatsoever with the font and I really have no clue as to the comment about "jagged edges"...what jagged edges? if had anything negative to say, it would be that there are no voice overs or sound effects and the silence was almost deafening when printed dialogue appeared on the screen. I guess I just expect VO's and sound effects now. The only other thing was, yes, the music was ok and it didn't bother me until about 55 mins into the game, the same tune over and over and over again regardless of where I went in the game...some variety would be better. I give this game 4 a buy for me!

Edited on 05/20/2013 at 8:43:23 AM PST

moesart
Minnow
Minnow
242 Posts

[Post New]by moesart on May 20, 13 8:57 AM
nomatt wrote:Well after playing loads more I have to say what a brilliant game. I also must say I don't understand some of the criticisms. The graphics for me are beautiful and smooth, colouful and very crisp. The puzzles are a joy as are the HOS which are nicely interactive. I personally think it's a bonus not having those stupid 'morphing' objects or 'achievements'. I always find them a distraction and an annoyance, this game is so engaging it doesn't need them. I would happily pay CE money for this game. No idea as to it's length but I hope it goes on and on. I know we all like different things in a game but this one is perfect for me.

I totally agree with nomatt. The puzzles are unique and kind of difficult which I like. I'm glad I didn't listen to the criticisms.

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on May 20, 13 10:34 AM
A fairly nice SE for a change...about time! The graphics are a bit fuzzy in spots, but otherwise very nice. Game play is nice. Music is okay (I did not find it annoying like most others). HOGs are quite dark in some areas, making a lot of items very difficult to see. Games are not hard, but some take a little thought. A WT would be extremely helpful.

There are no voice overs, which would greatly increase the likeability of this game. There is quite a bit of reading that needs to be done. Hint system is very nice...fastest recovery I have seen in any game so far. This is not an extremely challenging game, but I found it to be fun. Since I have a credit about to expire, I will use it to get this game.

As always, try it for yourself and see what you think. We all have different tastes in games and you may not care for it at all. Thanks for the reviews.

[Post New]by daisyduck352 on May 20, 13 12:25 PM
Thought this to be an ok game. Hints reloaded fast and HOG's were a little different and made you think. Don't have any voice overs and plays a tune over and over, which I don't care for. Don't have a map or hints on what you need to do? Will have to think about the game??
Finished the game and will give this 2 out of 5 stars.. Puzzles were not hard but I enjoyed them.

Edited on 05/20/2013 at 2:54:12 PM PST

kdubs
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,480 Posts

[Post New]by kdubs on May 20, 13 2:43 PM
What a pleasant surprise!

Enjoyed the puzzles I've seen so far and the very interactive HOS which started with the silhouettes.

@DaisyDuck352: I found the Hint Button to be very helpful the one time I felt stuck. It allowed me to hit it 4 times without waiting for recharge, until it got me directly to the active area I needed to get to. Then it was up to me to figure out how to use one of the inventory items. That was a LOL moment! Logical usage, not so much...but creative application, yeah!

It's a buy for me.

darkhalf01
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by darkhalf01 on May 20, 13 4:41 PM
It's a shame to go to so much trouble making a game and then forget to use the anti-alias button! I have a 23" monitor, so the jagged edges on the fonts and graphics showed up extremely well, which was very hard on the eyes after a while.

Hint button was useless. It directs you to things that need to be done, but you don't have the relevant inventory item.

Definitely a no-buy here.

Sept24
Guppy
Guppy
151 Posts

[Post New]by Sept24 on May 20, 13 5:24 PM
Review is based on the demo only. I thought the graphics in this game were good. Of course there are some games with better graphics but I thought this games graphics were pretty darn good. I too wish there had been voice overs and better music, but I liked way the game played, and think it is a fun game. I like that it is an adventure game with fun and interesting interactive hidden object scenes. Puzzles so far are interesting and look forward to more as it seems like there will probably be lots of puzzles in this game (I hope). Easy buy for me and can't wait to keep playing.

Janie42
Clownfish
Clownfish
598 Posts

[Post New]by Janie42 on May 20, 13 8:34 PM
Based on FULL game.
A good SE, solid, quick moving with lots of puzzle variety, some even challenging. Tasks more adventure-based, YAY! Some interesting engineering-type tinkering along with the various typical activities we're most of us already familiar with.

Lovely artwork--that hand-drawn effect. Some nice settings, esp. in the fantasy world. Sound is limited, however, & no voiceovers (which didn't bother me). No map either, but it's not necessary as there isn't a lot of backtracking. The hint system is very good anyhow.

Odd is I quite enjoyed the hos--usually I hate them. Some hos here were like mini-puzzles, very clever, & not too many hos & all beautifully drawn.

Story is reasonable but not deep. Game is fun to play. Took me @ 5 hours on expert, skipped one puzzle only.

Well worth the price IMO, esp for adventure-puzzler fans!

Go to: