bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Post any Chronicles of Vida: The Story of the Missing Princess technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on May 21, 13 12:34 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Robilyn
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,962 Posts

Re:Post any Chronicles of Vida: The Story of the Missing Princess technical issues here only

[Post New]by Robilyn on May 21, 13 1:18 AM
What a joke. When you click on an object in the HOG, you have to click and inch or so away from the object. Then if your real lucky you can pick it up. I spent 15 minutes on the first HOG and could not pick up the potion in the very corner of the screen. It is a shame, because I would have bought this game in a heartbeat. You also have to click around to get a hint or to use the menu. I am bummed out. I went back in and took the check mark off of full screen and it works fine. But there is no way I am playing the whole game on a tiny little screen. I hope they can fix this.

Edited on 05/21/2013 at 1:25:57 AM PST

tropdechats
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

Re:Post any Chronicles of Vida: The Story of the Missing Princess technical issues here only

[Post New]by tropdechats on May 21, 13 1:20 AM
For the first time in a BF game, I am having a serious issue with the cursor. I am not using the custom cursor. When I place the cursor on an object, it registers the "click" about a half inch to the left of the object I am trying to click on. There are some objects in the HO scenes I cannot get because they are too close to theright border. This unreliability of the cursor makes the game unplayable for me.

Anyone else encountering this problem? Any solutions?

havasulady
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by havasulady on May 21, 13 1:30 AM
Same problem trying to pick up objects in HO scene. Uninstalled, now reinstalling. Hope this glich will go away. Too bad. Seems like a fun game.

[Post New]by elvenstardragon on May 21, 13 1:33 AM
Robilyn wrote:What a joke. When you click on an object in the HOG, you have to click and inch or so away from the object. Then if your real lucky you can pick it up. I spent 15 minutes on the first HOG and could not pick up the potion in the very corner of the screen. It is a shame, because I would have bought this game in a heartbeat. You also have to click around to get a hint or to use the menu. I am bummed out.

Same here. The HOGS are impossible.The 'hot' spot must be one pixel that you have to find. I spent 15 min. on one HOG. I needed to use a Coupon Code today ( it was due to to run out this morning) but I'm not buying a game that's impossible to play. It could have been a good game too.

limey_scale
Guppy
Guppy
191 Posts

[Post New]by limey_scale on May 21, 13 1:35 AM
Having exactly the same problems with the HOG scenes, not helped by the junk piles and blurry graphics - too much dialogue aswell - no buy for me

Robilyn
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,962 Posts

[Post New]by Robilyn on May 21, 13 1:36 AM
I went back and used the cursor that comes with the game and it works fine. I guess it doesn't like the standard cursor. I hope you all try again because it looks like an awesome game.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on May 21, 13 2:11 AM
Hi Fishies!

So we tested out this game here and we can see that it is is quite graphically intensive, demanding a lot from your computer hence it is worthwhile checking for updates to ensure you have the most recent software. Just click here, for help on that process.

In terms of the cursor, updates may help with its responsiveness this but we found that switching the custom cursor to the standard cursor via the Options menu is the best thing to do.

If the issues persist after trying the steps above though, please write in to Tech Support so we can start tracking this issue, that would really help!

Also our Support Team will be able to provide some assistance that we can't the via the Forums.

Thank you!

bfgBaikal

Edited on 05/21/2013 at 2:12:43 AM PST

catathang
Guppy
Guppy
188 Posts

[Post New]by catathang on May 21, 13 7:31 AM
I agree with the other players. This will be the third game I have tried to play. The cursor on all three did not work.And yes there is TOO much talking. It seems really slow going to the next scene. Ah, well, just one more game to delete. ( I wish there was somewhere else to go for games )

[Post New]by kris_cross48 on May 21, 13 9:06 AM

Edited on 05/21/2013 at 11:27:14 AM PST

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on May 21, 13 11:37 AM
Oh no catathang I'm sorry to hear about that bad cursor luck with three games in a row!

If you haven't already tried turning off the custom cursor (or back on again, as it sounds like that has helped some other Fishies) as well as updating the video card driver can help with both the cursor issues as well as that lag you're experiencing. Often a quick update to this device that helps the game to run and display can do the trick! For specific instructions on checking for any video card driver updates please check the following help article:

twinsoniclab: How interesting that the custom cursor seems to work better then the system cursor!

If the game continues to have those troubles then one of our Reps from Tech Support can definitely take a look at a Dr. Felix and offer some other specific troubleshooting steps. Just click on the green to the right of the page and then select the Contact Us link to the bottom left to reach them.

I hope this is helpful!

bfgIzara

alfresco
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by alfresco on May 21, 13 12:10 PM
The custom cursor is very slow on my laptop, But I'm used to that on some games. Unfortunately the system cursor registers about a quarter inch to the right, so pretty much useless for HOGs. So I just use the custom in slow motion. I have also had the game crash twice, though not sure why at the time. But I bought the game anyway as I like a bit of a challenge.

VTCT
Clownfish
Clownfish
591 Posts

[Post New]by VTCT on May 21, 13 12:12 PM
This game is hard to play going between scenes is very slow & trying to use the inventory is all most impossible. Won't buy until you get the problems out of it.

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on May 21, 13 12:31 PM
Hi alfresco,

Really helpful to know that both the custom cursor and normal cursor are having issues. Since the game is freezing as well, please check for any video card driver updates, which will help to make sure the game has the right resources to run and display properly. Please click on the blue text below and check under the Update Your Video Card section for instructions for your specific system:

If you'd like, you're also welcome to try any of the other steps offered in that help article as well to help with these issues.

VTCT: I know this can be frustrating, and I really appreciate you letting us know about these issues as well. If you'd like to try, checking for any video card driver updates may do the trick!

If the issues still persist, please be sure to contact Tech Support with a Dr. Felix. Not only will one of our Reps help with tailored steps, but they will be able to pass along the needed information if a fix is needed by the developer.

Just click here to submit a support ticket via email. If you're a Big Fish Game Club member you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

I hope this is helpful!

bfgIzara

[Post New]by Romy1984 on May 22, 13 4:14 AM
I am trying to cut the glass with the diamond but it won't go round the last corner I cannot move it up or down or back please help

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on May 22, 13 7:27 AM
Heya Romy1984, welcome to the Pond!

It sure can be frustrating if a task can't be completed.

In this case it could be that some of the files for the game aren't working as they should and are causing you to get stuck. It could help here to try uninstalling and reinstalling your game as this will make sure that all files are in good shape.

If this doesn’t help, our Technical Support will be more than happy to have a further look at this with you so you can enjoy your game again! To get help faster it would be a great help if you could include a Dr. Felix report. You can contact them 24/7 by clicking on the green envelope at the top-right of this page. On the next page you can find the Contact Us link on the bottom-left.

If you are a member of our Big Fish Game Club you can contact us without waiting through our Live-Chat, which is open for you Monday – Friday from 7:30 am – 4:30 pm PST.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

Edited on 05/22/2013 at 7:27:34 AM PST

lucygirl7
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by lucygirl7 on May 22, 13 7:49 AM
I have trouble with the cursor. I lose it, and then it comes back at some point in some obscure place. Also, I can't pick up anything. It's like everything is there at my fingertips, but I can't get it. I really like this game, and after reading the other issues, I will reload and try to use the standard cursor.

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on May 22, 13 10:28 AM
Hi lucygirl7,

If trying out that system cursor from the Options/Settings menu in the game doesn't help out then I would recommend checking for any video card driver updates as the next step. Updates for this can help to get a game displaying and reacting properly. Feel free to click on the blue text below for specific instructions on how to check for an update:

If the game is still having those cursor issues please be sure to contact Tech Support with a Dr. Felix so they can take a closer look!

Just click here to submit a support ticket via email. If you're a Big Fish Game Club member you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

I hope this is helpful!

bfgIzara

Keepin_on
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by Keepin_on on May 22, 13 1:25 PM
CURSOR/BLACK SCREEN BETWEEN SCENES ISSUES: Just wanted to throw in a quick comment here.

I'm using the custom cursor: no problems at all. Haven't tried system cursor, though. Since I didn't find a need to change to it from the custom, I can't speak to that issue.

As for the black screen while going from one scene to next: I found that if I click the screen (even though my cursor isn't visible), it immediately takes me to the next scene.

Hope this helps everyone enjoy this game more!

[Post New]by dilliedallie01 on May 22, 13 2:16 PM
Sorry to say I'm in the same Pond as other Fishes, I'm not using game cursor , and to click on an item is impossible to hit right it took 2 mins to get the key..This looks like a great game , but alas as of now ..No Go...Please Fix , This is like the 4th game I've had an issue with in a short period of time...

Go to: