bfgBaikal
8,624 Posts

Post any Nancy Drew: Tomb of the Lost Queen technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on May 21, 13 12:44 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Re:Post any Nancy Drew: Tomb of the Lost Queen technical issues here only

[Post New]by irishblueeyes3 on May 21, 13 8:21 AM
When the download is run, it starts with 0% then automatically goes to 100% done. It acts like it's downloading, but it's unlike anything I've downloaded before: 58MB of -28909768847 done for example.

It will "complete", windows asks for permission, I say yes, then it's lost on my game manager. (doesn't show)

Any suggestions?

Raven_wing
Herring
Herring
310 Posts

[Post New]by Raven_wing on May 21, 13 8:41 AM
My problem is similar to irishblueeyes3, downloading 58MB of -28909768847 but my game says it is 100% downloaded but it is still in my download queue.

Edited because I just deleted game to see if I downloaded it again if it would work, it didn't. Still reading 100% downloaded.

Edited for spelling.

Edited on 05/21/2013 at 9:23:43 AM PST

crypsynight
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

[Post New]by crypsynight on May 21, 13 9:08 AM
Ditto for me as well. Mine is showing of -2079888823B.
Still downloading even though at 100%.
Guess i'll just have to wait and see what happens......

gojojogo
Herring
Herring
313 Posts

[Post New]by gojojogo on May 21, 13 9:31 AM
I also had this information displaying - but just let it do its thing, and after a little while it downloaded and activated fine.

Raven_wing
Herring
Herring
310 Posts

[Post New]by Raven_wing on May 21, 13 9:37 AM
Thanks gojojogo I will just let my game run and see what happens.

[Post New]by irishblueeyes3 on May 21, 13 11:40 AM
Finally got it to work...took forever!

Lauralei
Clownfish
Clownfish
651 Posts

[Post New]by Lauralei on May 21, 13 11:52 AM
It's a good ten minute download (despite 100%). Just wait it out.

Thanks, gojojogo! You saved a lot of fishies who were looking forward to the latest Nancy Drew from frustration.

Off to Egypt.

bfgIzara
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on May 21, 13 12:25 PM
Hey Fishies,

Really helpful to know that you're all seeing that similar download issue with that huge (-) number. How weird!

If uninstalling and reinstalling doesn't help to get that download queue reading correctly then please go ahead and reach out to our Tech Support with a with a screenshot and Dr. Felix so our Team can investigate this further!

Just click on the green to the right of the page and then select the Contact Us link to the bottom left to reach them.

For instructions on how to uninstall and reinstall please click on the blue text below:

Uninstall/Reinstall

Thanks!

bfgIzara

muppetmel
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by muppetmel on May 22, 13 2:34 AM
Nope this is NOT working for me. I have the same issues as people have outlined above, and I tried numerous times to download. I get an error message Code 5. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling game manager and it has not helped. I get around 50 mb downloaded and bam, it stops. I suspect the issue is not with us poor users but with a problem with coding for installation. I need help getting my new Nancy Drew game!!!!

bfgBaikal
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on May 22, 13 3:36 AM
Hi muppetmel,

I am sorry that the advice offered has not resolved the matter for you but thank you for trying it out.

Just to let you know that the Error Code 5 generally indicates that your Game Manager having some issues.

As your Game Manager depends on Internet Explorer to work correctly, with it being the backbone of that program, it would be a good idea to make sure you have the most recent version of Internet Explorer, even if you don't use that browser specifically.

You can find some help and information on updating IE browser here.

This should hopefully help you avoid this error message so you can download successfully and enjoy your game.

If the issue persists after updating though, please feel free to reach out to our Tech Support Team and they will be happy to help and offer some more specific support.

Hope this helps!

bfgBaikal

Raven_wing
Herring
Herring
310 Posts

[Post New]by Raven_wing on May 22, 13 6:05 AM
Well I finally got it to install, it took over 4 hours, the longest time it ever took to download a game ever; but it worked.

[Post New]by natchamatter on May 22, 13 9:26 AM
I get to talking to Dylan and the game freezes. I have tried unistalling and reinstalling with the same results.

bfgIzara
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on May 22, 13 9:42 AM
Happy to hear that the game installed for you, Raven_wing! If it seems like games continue to take a while to download please contact Tech Support with a Dr. Felix so they can investigate that further for you.

Great that you've already uninstalled and reinstalled the game, natchamatter, and since the game continues to freeze please check for any video card driver updates. These updates can help make sure that the game has the needed display programs to run properly. For step-by-step instructions just take a look at the following help article by clicking on the blue text below:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If updating the video card driver doesn't help or if you'd prefer some more specialized help one of our Reps from Tech Support will be happy to take a closer look! Just click on the green to the right of the page and then select the Contact Us link to the bottom left to reach them.

Thanks!

bfgIzara

PENNY7777
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by PENNY7777 on May 23, 13 10:48 AM
, downloading 58MB of -28909768847 but my game says it is 100% downloaded but it is still in my download queue.

Edited because I just deleted game to see if I downloaded it again if it would work, it didn't. Still reading 100% downloaded. my pc is brand new windows 8 HELP thank you

PENNY7777
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by PENNY7777 on May 23, 13 7:04 PM
IT HAS BEEN OVER 8 HOURS AND THIS GAME STILL HAS NOT LOADED

bfgBaikal
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on May 24, 13 2:59 AM
Hi PENNY7777,

I know that waiting for a game to a download can be frustrating if it takes an excessive amount of time and so I am happy to provide some advice today.

The first thing to try is to uninstall and reinstall the Game Manager to ensure it is working correctly.

Also, you can adjust your download settings to try and access our site in a different way. The help article here, has some tips on how to adjust your Game Manager settings and try the alternative download method.

Of course, if you like, we would be happy to have a look at this with you and provide more specific support. When submitting a support ticket, please run a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report and then send that over to our Tech Support Team so they can get to helping you right away.

I hope this information is helpful!

bfgBaikal

[Post New]by nobinsky on May 24, 13 11:10 AM
Hi. I downloaded the full game (paid for) but it is only showing up as a trial version. When I go to the "Buy It" page on this site it tells me my shopping cart is empty. Any suggestions on how I can get the full game please?

bfgIzara
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on May 24, 13 12:53 PM
Hi nobinsky!

To get your game downloaded, sign into your online account, go to My Account then Purchase History and click the Install button next to the game. Double click on the downloaded file, and that should start to download the full version of the game!

I've included a great help article below that has specific instructions, so just click on the blue text if you'd prefer those:

Reinstall a Purchased Game

Hope this helps!

bfgIzara

Edited on 05/24/2013 at 12:53:15 PM PST

[Post New]by pinkkitten48 on May 25, 13 11:24 AM
the game doesn't exactly freeze, but it does nothing at the end of the phone call. Nancy doesn't say the last sentence, and the phone remains on the screen.

I can still access the menu, but I can't actually play.

I've tried all of the steps recommended in the game freezes etc post, none of it has helped.

I'm running windows 7 home premium 64bit.

Go to: