Oldgamer99
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

Cable Car Lock and Key

[Post New]by Oldgamer99 on May 21, 13 7:38 AM
I have put the two halves of the key together, but nothing happens now when I try to turn the key. Am I missing something? Everything else up on the hill has been done and the generator is running, and valves are turned on. I can't proceed any further until this lock opens and the chains come off.

Oldgamer99
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

Re:Cable Car Lock and Key

[Post New]by Oldgamer99 on May 21, 13 7:45 AM
Never mind! It never fails. If I get so frustrated that I can't figure something out and post for help, I DO figure it out. Evidently, I had NOT done everything else up here.

[Post New]by but2730 on May 21, 13 1:40 PM
Sorry haven't got there yet but could you help me out have oiled the lock but can't get the sigil out of the frozen bowl only have matches in the inventory and all areas saying they are complete!!!

[Post New]by lmayhew on May 22, 13 11:25 AM
Im having the same trouble, if you figure out how to open the cable car lock, let me know! Please

Charkez64
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by Charkez64 on May 23, 13 1:48 PM
This is my first post but so many have helped me when I was stuck, I hope to return the favor. So, for the lock: get the sigil from the frozen water; just keep hitting the ice with the cursor and the "creature" falls on the ground and you can pick up the sigil.
Go down the steps and give it to the stone statue, he'll give you the other half of the key for the cable car lock. Return to the lock, apply the oil can you get in the castle from your inventory, use second half of key and it opens and the chains fall off. If you have done everything in the castle and put the valve on the outside, the cable car should take you to the next chapter. Hope that's clear enough.

[Post New]by stevefrei on May 26, 13 9:35 PM
Excellent Charkez, I was stuck there too -- thanks much.

huffpatsy
Herring
Herring
301 Posts

[Post New]by huffpatsy on May 31, 13 4:45 PM
Thanks, I tried hitting the sigil with the cursor, there was something black swimming around that seemed to help if it got in the way. The other half of the key adhered right away and off we went .......on to the next chapter. This is really not an easy game, makes you work for everything.

metex
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

[Post New]by metex on Jun 1, 13 10:21 AM
I have the same problem,but I don't know where to find the oil can. Have tried walking back with no luck... Help me!

Edited on 06/01/2013 at 10:22:41 AM PST

[Post New]by Kellie57Wild on Apr 21, 14 8:36 PM
The oil can is in another room to the right of the cable car, under the valves! I finally found it!! Yippee!!!

Edited on 04/21/2014 at 8:48:36 PM PST

Go to: