TGT Mae O'West

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

TGT Mae O'West

[Post New]by vicalana on Mar 1, 09 3:29 AM
Have played the demo. Beautiful graphics! Some items are very small. There's lots of variety, and I expect there will be excellent replay value. There's an option to shuffle your list of items. You don't even need to find them all. But I am reluctant to buy. Sort of reminds me of Jetsetters, which I found to be a bit tedious. There's no pleasing some people! But I can't quite put my finger on why. Any other fishes feeling the same way? Happy St. David's Day!

BinLA
Stingray
Stingray
5,914 Posts

Re:TGT Mae O'West

[Post New]by BinLA on Mar 1, 09 3:40 AM
Something about it bothered me, too. I think it's because there are so many unrelated things to do and to keep track of -- reading the text messages, finding the stars, looking for the gadgets that let you play the mini games, the fact that you didn't see the entire list of objects until you had completed the first list (what if you can't find the last item?), and the fact that even if I find the targeted number of items, I don't score 100% unless I find more than the targeted number. I also don't like spot the difference games, and this one was irritating because sometimes you clicked on the right screen and sometimes you clicked on the left screen -- you had to remember to click on the the item that was there, not the area where the item was missing. I also thought the astrological/horoscope stuff was more to keep track of.

Maybe it's because I just played Serpent of Isis and I liked it that this game seemed irritating because it's less linear.

grumbler
Marlin
Marlin
9,065 Posts

[Post New]by grumbler on Mar 1, 09 3:44 AM
I loaded it,
I tried it
I was disappointed when it finished

There went my latest credit

4mybirds4
Salmon
Salmon
2,663 Posts

[Post New]by 4mybirds4 on Mar 1, 09 3:54 AM
I just played the demo. The graphics ARE clear, which is a huge plus even though some items are really hard to find. I'm still debating on whether or not to get the game. I did enjoy most of it, I just wish I knew it would be a decent length.

Edited on 03/01/2009 at 3:55:08 AM PST

scotcat
Flounder
Flounder
2,349 Posts

[Post New]by scotcat on Mar 1, 09 4:39 AM
Cute game, but very-very easy. Never used a hint.
I skipped all the dialoge, so don't know what that's about. I even skipped the instructions because it was already clear what to do (even with the mini puzzles). This is your basic HO, Find The Differences & simple Mini Games sort of game.
Mini puzzles I had were finding the right letters, chinese checkers (sooo easy) & match 3 (this game didn't run fast enough for me).
You are to find 3 gold stars in each scene for extra cash or something.
I didn't like the switching of screens on the Find The Differences section either.
No real music or sound effects to speak of to add to the game.
Some HO's very small.
You can shuffle your item list. Which I never tried since I didn't need to.
The text messaging was really not needed & was more of a distraction then anything. Unless, it gives you info you actually need down the line, but in my 1 hour, it was totally unnecessary so I just ignored it.
I have no clue how long it will be. Altho, if it's too long, it may get very boring after a while.

Plus points -
The hour did go by fast which kinda shocked me. This must mean I wasn't too bored to death.
Great graphics, but very simplistic. Like 3D drawings.
Having "fake poo" as a HO item. I about died when I saw the poop! My eyes went right for it before it even hit the list.
No timer with a relaxing atmosphere.

I give it 3 stars tops. Great game for some, too simplistic for others.
I'll put it on my "when I get desperate" list of games to buy.

scotcat
Flounder
Flounder
2,349 Posts

[Post New]by scotcat on Mar 1, 09 5:17 AM
Bump for people who want to talk about the game in a game forum.

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Mar 1, 09 5:36 AM
Thanks BinLA! I think you hit the nail on the head there! And I agree with scotcat: maybe when we're desperate. And know how long it lasts. BTW scotcat, what do you mean by your last post? I see the work 'bump' a lot in these forums, but have never figured out what it means.

scotcat
Flounder
Flounder
2,349 Posts

[Post New]by scotcat on Mar 1, 09 5:45 AM
vicalana wrote:Thanks BinLA! I think you hit the nail on the head there! And I agree with scotcat: maybe when we're desperate. And know how long it lasts. BTW scotcat, what do you mean by your last post? I see the work 'bump' a lot in these forums, but have never figured out what it means.

I am "bumping" the thread up (posting a comment so the thread gets back on the forum front page for people to find after it gets buried on the pack forum pages because of all the chit-chat).

I read that someone is already at the end of the game. Must not be to terribly long.

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Mar 1, 09 6:02 AM
I'm disturbed by the fact that it never asked me for a player name. When I get out and back in, I have the choice to continue or start a new game, but nowhere a choice to make a second user. This means that if one person in the household has started a game, and somebody else wants to play, they will BOTH get angry. Since I live alone that's not a problem except when my son or daughter visits, but it will make a difference for other players.

I don't like games where the "points" are presented as money. I'm not into astrology. And I don't enjoy spot the differences scenes even when I get parallel cursors - only getting a single one is yet another .

If this game had been released before Serpent of Isis, when we were in that HO drought, I'd have probably bought it. Adding it to my "if I get desperate" list.

[Post New]by drgncollector11 on Mar 1, 09 6:30 AM
Grumbler were you able to finish this game? It would not let me click on the picture of Archer at the boat and I cannot go any further in the game, did you experience this same problem? I also did not like the fact that you can only continue or start a new game.

granny754
Herring
Herring
304 Posts

[Post New]by granny754 on Mar 1, 09 6:43 AM
Thank you everyone for the info. I will not purchase this game from your posts I can tell it is not for me. I hate spot the differences but the thing that made my mind up was only one player can play. My hubby also plays my games. So I guess this one is a definite NO!!!!!!!!!

mystery39
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by mystery39 on Mar 1, 09 6:50 AM
I am also stuck with the "archer snapshot" there is a photo there but it will not accept it when you click on it. I can go no further with this game.

weeharleyboy
Shark
Shark
13,276 Posts

[Post New]by weeharleyboy on Mar 1, 09 7:30 AM
Can't get past the 'archer' snapshot either. Must be a blip in the game if we all have the same problem! ANYONE finished this game?

Gajillion
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by Gajillion on Mar 1, 09 7:52 AM
weeharleyboy wrote:Can't get past the 'archer' snapshot either. Must be a blip in the game if we all have the same problem! ANYONE finished this game?

I am stuck at the archer photo as well. I sent a request to BFG but who knows when I will get a real response.

slm1948
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
490 Posts

[Post New]by slm1948 on Mar 1, 09 8:02 AM
Who made this exclusive BFG game? Did no one notice the spelling errors in the opening? I've realized HOGs have become like a drug for me, based on what I've heard about drug use. They are irresistable for me, trying to get the high I got the first time, but most of them leave me unsatisfied now. I've got half a dozen HOGs on my desktop that I haven't finished so do I really need another one? I'm done with this addiction.

I found the items in this game hard to spot. I kept clicking the hint button, thinking it was unlimited since I never read otherwise. After 3 clicks my hints were gone and so was my interest in this game.

My new addiction is the game Skip-Bo: Castaway Caper. It's a card game available elsewhere.

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Mar 1, 09 8:13 AM
4mybirds4 wrote:I just played the demo. The graphics ARE clear, which is a huge plus even though some items are really hard to find. I'm still debating on whether or not to get the game. I did enjoy most of it, I just wish I knew it would be a decent length.
I looked in the game information folders and it looks like there are 34 locations. Then there are the mini-games in addition to that.

I agree with lordkalvan; this would be an "if I get desperate game".

When you start off on the first screen and there are several grammar mistakes it makes you wonder about the quality of the whole game.

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Mar 1, 09 8:20 AM
Thank you scotcat! And Lord K is right (again). If this had come before the Serpent, I reckon I would have got it.

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

[Post New]by cesse47 on Mar 1, 09 9:17 AM
Pretty mixed reviews on this one. Will have to try the demo to see if it will be one I purchase. Thanks for the reviews. It helps me make a decision about buying as I play the demo.

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on Mar 1, 09 9:28 AM
I rather like the game, but I will be waiting to see if the archer-photo problem is a universal game-stopping glitch, and will be watching this thread for updates on this.

DoobieBear
Flounder
Flounder
2,169 Posts

[Post New]by DoobieBear on Mar 1, 09 9:30 AM
The graphics destroyed the game for me. I didn't even play it for 15 minutes (which is highly unusual for me to do with a HO). The misspellings turned me off also. When people are testing the game why don't they point out the mistakes to the developer? Have we become so uneducated that no one picks up on these things anymore?

Go to: