Sixth victim clipping

[Post New]by Strewth57 on May 21, 13 11:41 PM
I am doing the HOS in Sheng's home. I cannot find the sixth victim clipping. I have tapped everywhere but no joy. The hint points at a clipping but nothing happens.

Re:Sixth victim clipping

[Post New]by Amysophiani on Jun 6, 13 4:28 AM
Hi..i had the same problem. So i restart the game. I changed profile and played the game from the start. It seemed that there was some lamp part (in the cabin) that was still in my inventory that cause me missing the sixth victim clipping. Hope this help

Edited on 06/06/2013 at 4:32:12 AM PST

[Post New]by Rowankat on Jun 10, 13 4:03 PM
Seriously! The only was is to go all the way back? That sucks!

ladyDeehi
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by ladyDeehi on Jul 10, 13 2:55 PM
I'm there, too. I also can't find the sixth victim photo, the hint button shows me where to tap, but it is definitely not there. I don't quite understand about the lamp piece in the inventory...I will poke around.
Poked around. I don't think I missed anything. I think we have a glitch here. I can't get past this point. Any suggestions out there?
I still have a bandage in my inventory, but I can't find any use for it at this time.

Edited on 07/10/2013 at 3:02:35 PM PST

[Post New]by karen90 on Sep 19, 13 4:30 PM
Hi! Has anyone come up with a fix for this other than starting the game over? I am already on my second way through, under a new user name, as I came across an earlier glitch. I did prepare the 6th victim clipping using the computer in the lab so have no clue why it isn't showing on the board in Sheng's home. Unfortunately, the on-line walkthrough doesn't help at all. Wish there was a "skip"!

Edited on 09/19/2013 at 4:32:11 PM PST

[Post New]by bianya on Jan 30, 14 11:56 AM
Anyone have a fix for this? I have went through the game twice and STILL there is no 6th victim clipping where the hint says it is suppose to be. I created the engagement clip on the computer at the apartment and sent it.

[Post New]by Lyreyy on Feb 12, 14 1:46 PM
Same problem. No any information showed there was a sixth victim clipping.
It must be a bug, can any one try to debug it? Thx? Stuck for a long long time.

[Post New]by Kagehi on Feb 12, 14 6:07 PM
I think I know what goes wrong here. Basically, the hotspot in the scene for the clipping is already live even before you break the lock and open up the killers collection box. As a result, if you click near the chair, in the same space as the clipping would be when it is open you get the animation, showing the you picked it up, but since the game is not yet ready for you to have found it, the clipping is not set to 'found', so you can not finish collecting all of the items. So, in short there are, in programming terms, at least two flags:

show_clipping - displays the clipping, if the collection is open & let's you pick it up.
collected_clipping - used by the mini game to tell that you found it.

Since you already clicked on the clipping, without knowing, and the game incorrectly marked it as 'don't show ', the mini game leaves the space for it blank and the bit of code responsible for making that part of the scene 'live', I.e. clickable, no longer reacts to any attempt to pick it up.

The whole problem is thus caused by the touch spot being active **before** the game should allow it, and a player accidentally finding it, before ever getting into the mini game. I suspect this is possible because all hotspots are alive in the scene, and the game just marks them as used, or not used, as needed, and changes what is displayed at the same time. It is the easy way to do it, but it means that, if scripted wrong, the game can turn on, or off, things before they need to be.

The fix, for new players is simple: make sure the clipping is not active until the kill
ers collection is open. For stuck people... short of restarting the game, an update would need to see if the clipping is not in inventory, but showing as found, then reset the appropriate flag, if it glitches.

Go to: