[Post New]by sewbizzy on May 26, 13 12:02 PM
buy out your opponents.

jrnedraw
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

Re:The neverending game .2

[Post New]by jrnedraw on Jan 19, 14 11:22 AM
lol So true, I am still working on it, got it down from 4 to 2 people. Don't know how long it will take. How do you know how many hours you have played?

[Post New]by Buccaneer2 on Jan 20, 14 8:19 AM
That seems to be the biggest flaw of the game - the only way to win is to buy out enough opponents to reach the set threshold.

While the AI never have that much money in the game (why is that?) they do manage to keep afloat...and with such low property values (whatever happened to the big properties and the massive buildups we had in version 1???), they do not get hurt that much to cause them to go bankrupt. In 5 games, I have only seen one AI player go bankrupt. Last night in SF, I spent $1m-$1.5m each to buy out two opponents (very easy to get that much money just with Factories) just so I can win the game.

I think it's a bad design to have lower property values compared to version 1 and the inability to have game-changing rents. That was the hallmark of version 1 and monopoly-like games: bankrupting players by rents. Here in version 2, it seems that you simply work to get enough factories (no reason to build any other buildings) to get the money to buy out.

The Stock Market would work a little more if the AI participated but they don't since they never have enough money and I can't figure out what is the purpose of the stock market except to win the game (i.e., there are no returns on investing).

[Post New]by Clara_11132_ on Sep 25, 14 5:39 AM
Hello fellow gamers. Am currently in a Mexican Stand Off. My opponent and I have been at loggerheads now for 45.5 hours. I own 50% and She owns 49%. Properties owned by both are the same value, (give or take 75K!). We're talking around $11 Million. Cash is similar ($3-4 Million) The price of buying cards is...OUCH!. e.g. a 50% Discount card costs $ 3.5 Million each!
Aside from deliberately making bad, bad decisions whilst playing, in order to lose the game outright: there is no other avenue to end it. It's a shame there isn't a chance to declare a draw! Perhaps, in the next version the programmers, will allow this as an option. A brilliant game. Any other similar games? Cheers, Clara.

[Post New]by Clara_11132_ on Dec 7, 14 5:01 AM
Clara_11132_ wrote:Hello fellow gamers. Am currently in a Mexican Stand Off. My opponent and I have been at loggerheads now for 45.5 hours. I own 50% and She owns 49%. Properties owned by both are the same value, (give or take 75K!). We're talking around $11 Million. Cash is similar ($3-4 Million) The price of buying cards is...OUCH!. e.g. a 50% Discount card costs $ 3.5 Million each!
Aside from deliberately making bad, bad decisions whilst playing, in order to lose the game outright: there is no other avenue to end it. It's a shame there isn't a chance to declare a draw! Perhaps, in the next version the programmers, will allow this as an option. A brilliant game. Any other similar games? Cheers, Clara.

Go to: