Mae Q'west

labrat33
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

Mae Q'west

[Post New]by labrat33 on Mar 1, 09 9:57 AM
I know this isn't in general release until tomorrow, but I always try new games immediately if they look interesting. This one has distinct possibilities, but I'm so distracted by spelling and punctuation errors in the story line, let alone the inaccurate counting in the scoring, that I may never look at it again.
In the very first level, I was not awarded the money I had earned. In the Antique Store, the pop-up message when I decided to solve without completing said there were 9 more items to find, although only 3 were left on the visible list. Doesn't anyone user-test these for quality control?
That said, the premise of the game and the possibility for mini-games of another type than HOG looks good. Get it together, game developers!

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

Re:Mae Q'west

[Post New]by Howatch on Mar 1, 09 10:07 AM
I noticed that problem with the number count in the Antique Store as well, but I assumed that when it said I had more items left to find than there were remaining on my list, that it was including items that hadn't yet appeared on the list. (?)

[Post New]by starlightsaffron on Mar 1, 09 10:11 AM
later in the game there seems to be a glitch. I am on the wrecked boat, looking for a snapshot, have found it as a 'difference' quite clear and distinct but just keep getting a red cross when clicked on. I need this to proceed to next level.....

phatkhat
Stingray
Stingray
5,001 Posts

[Post New]by phatkhat on Mar 1, 09 10:20 AM
Haven't downloaded it yet, but it looks like it might be a good game. After all that's been said, maybe I'll wait until the patches are done! I employed myself with Emerald City Confidential, which is GREAT, and I can't wait for BF to get!

[Post New]by meandmurry on Mar 1, 09 11:06 AM
I too reached a glitch at the boat. I can't click on the Archer Photo. Already bought the game and can not finish. Irritating!

susangames
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by susangames on Mar 1, 09 11:19 AM
Oh dear, after reading all the messages, I guess I'm not the only one with the problem of not being able to pick up the photo on the boat. Not sure now if I want to finish even if they fix the problem. How many more? Guess i chalk this one up as a bad investment.....susangames

[Post New]by jloirish55 on Mar 1, 09 11:48 AM
I have also run into the problem on the boat regarding the picture what do we do about this?? I cant go on until it is solved

penrose47
Stingray
Stingray
4,597 Posts

[Post New]by penrose47 on Mar 1, 09 11:54 AM
I DO NOT care for this game. I played for about 30 min. Then Deleted IT.

1) I hate find the difference

2) I do NOT do the stars

3) I had trouble seeing some of the items

4) Ran out of hints

WELL I just found a new game.......So I am OFF>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

PEN

aram1
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by aram1 on Mar 1, 09 12:20 PM
I'm having the same problem with the "Archer" snapshot. Guess we´ll have to wait for BF to fix it.

[Post New]by dbcroff695 on Mar 1, 09 12:51 PM
Help! I am stuck at the zoo in the monkey exhibit. It will not let me through until I find the ticket stub. I tried to use a hint, but it goes to the middle of the page where nothing is. Does anyone know where this ticket stub is?

Haven't made it to the boat yet, but from the sound of things, it won't go smooth there either.

Thanks!
D

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Mar 1, 09 2:44 PM
Howatch wrote:I noticed that problem with the number count in the Antique Store as well, but I assumed that when it said I had more items left to find than there were remaining on my list, that it was including items that hadn't yet appeared on the list. (?)

When you complete the list it does bring up the rest.

momzugg
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by momzugg on Mar 1, 09 5:17 PM
i too had some problems with the numbering, counting
even with the hint button, would use the button, nothing would show, but it would take my money away....after ending jack's cabin, it gave details of -23456789 (i mean it went balistic with the accuracy numbering.

regards to the boat, i too can't finish, i lost almost $600. trying to "hint" to the end....i had found all the major items, but just poking around having no luck....one time the picture would be on the left side of the boat frame, next time it would be on the right side....

i had thought maybe it was a fluke with the downloading so i restarted the game, just to find the same problems.....

one item i never did manage to find was in the beginning at the meat section...where was the newspaper?????????????

shauna
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by shauna on Mar 1, 09 5:21 PM
For when you think you are done, but it says there are lots more items - click on the shuffle button below the 'shopping list'. That should bring up the rest of the items to be found in the scene.

Also, there are three gold stars in almost every scene - when you have those as well as all the other items found, then you have completed the level.

I am stuck on the boat, however - I can see the picture that is the key item, but no matter where I click on it, it won't pick up. I tried restarting the level a few times, but all that does is move the picture to the other half of the picture, and you still cannot pick it up.

SIGH.

And it was a good game until this glitch, too!

kishimojun
Stingray
Stingray
4,534 Posts

[Post New]by kishimojun on Mar 1, 09 5:22 PM
Thanks for the early reviews, guys. I, too, will pass on this one until it is fixed. I must say, however, that any game with a screenshot of listed items that includes "fake poo" intrigues me.

[Post New]by pigletlighthouse on Mar 1, 09 5:32 PM
any idea on when we can get some assistance on the boat, selecting the Archer Photograph? It is very frustrating to have purchased but not be able to get passed this.

[Post New]by amtwildrose on Mar 1, 09 5:40 PM
Okay I have now joined the ever growing line of people stuck with a photo they can not pick up, disappearing money and miscounts!,, Had thought it was me somehow but thanks to you all I know I have not 1) lost my mind and 2) imagined things,,, I hope they can get this one updated soon,, it also needs a way to save the progress (if it is possible to build it in at this stage of the development that would be great!) (PS ,,, the "newspaper" is on the side of the produce bin which is on the left side and kinda to the bottom,, looks more like a dark square)

Edited on 03/01/2009 at 5:44:27 PM PST

[Post New]by dwirth1 on Mar 1, 09 5:50 PM
I am stuck at the "archer" pic also....very frustrating.....want to continue this game...I already bought the game. When BF fixes this glitch will those of us that purchased the game have to do anything different to continue??? Keep me posted if anyone can figure this out. Until then I guess I will just have to find something else to play to keep me busy.. any suggestions??

tubergal
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by tubergal on Mar 1, 09 6:02 PM
I too am having the problem with the archer photo on the boat and scoring issues. WILL there ever be a fix for this game? I realize that it is a new release, but one would think that the bugs would be worked out before publishing it for purchase.

MOMMY54
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by MOMMY54 on Mar 1, 09 6:10 PM
I thought it was just me with the picture of the archer. This upsets me since I bought this game. I'm going to send a note to bigfish and see what happens.

I did get a reply last night a couple of hours after I had emailed BF, I was VERY surprised it was that fast. They had me do the Dr Felix thing and I'm waiting to hear back about what happens next.

Edited on 03/02/2009 at 2:47:24 AM PST

MoreOver
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by MoreOver on Mar 1, 09 6:26 PM
I bought it too and can't get the dang picture. It's sitting right there, play as day but no way can I pick it up. I also had the same problem with the scene where the hint glistens right smack dab in the middle of the two scenes. I had to 'solve' out of that one. Good question on the newspaper. I was wondering where it was too.

I think this game has potential, but it's the same old story. Let beta testers play more than the first 60 minutes for crying out loud.

edited to ask: Has anyone contacted Customer Service? I just had another problem of my own doing and I hate to be a whiner.

Edited on 03/01/2009 at 6:27:37 PM PST

Go to: