bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Post any Love Chronicles: Salvation Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on May 25, 13 12:49 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

weyrelady
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

Re:Post any Love Chronicles: Salvation Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by weyrelady on May 25, 13 5:20 AM
I would like to play this game but am having problems with the screen size. my monitor is 13 x 11 or 17 diagonal and I have windows 7. I dont remember having this problem before but I seem to have lost an inch of screen all round as when looking at the first mini game I saw that I only had half the first coloum of buttons showing and the hint and menu etc were cut in half at the bottom. I tried going to the window mode but it said it did not support the resolution which is 1280 x 1024 and is the recommended resolution for my screen. I wonder how old this game is if it cant adjust for the high screen resolution of windows 7. Perhaps you should show the screen resolution needed on the list of system requirements posted for the games.
So obviously no buy for me as I cant play the demo.

sokjeff
Squid
Squid
74 Posts

Re:Post any Love Chronicles: Salvation Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by sokjeff on May 25, 13 5:54 AM
I am having problems with screen size as well. Windows 7. Never a problem before. The pictures are cut off. Bummer!

Edited on 05/25/2013 at 5:55:44 AM PST

MrsBruce32
Salmon
Salmon
2,697 Posts

[Post New]by MrsBruce32 on May 25, 13 6:35 AM
Having the same problem with the screen. Using Windows XP.

MaryEl
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by MaryEl on May 25, 13 10:39 AM
I was having the same problem with seeing all the screen. I changed my screen resolution to 1280x960 and now I can see everything...nothing is cut off. Kind of a pain to have to change resolution since this has not been a problem in all the other games I have downloaded from BF. Don't know if perhaps more problems will show up later on so I think I will wait before buying and see if other problems arise.

Rhysdux
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,219 Posts

[Post New]by Rhysdux on May 25, 13 10:56 AM
I have Windows Vista. I had no trouble seeing the opening crawl, but when the tutorial started, the screen went white. Text bubbles popped up, but that was it. Also, the game automatically changed my color scheme, dimming the color by two-thirds and thus making the screen less visible to me even when the game ended. I know that I need a lot of color intensity to see. This is not helping.

These things haven't been problems with any other game I've downloaded from BFG.

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on May 25, 13 11:02 AM
Hey Fishies,

Thanks for letting us know about these issues!

The recommended screen resolution for our games is 1024 x 768 (or higher) as shown in the Screen Resolution help article, however if the game is still not displaying correctly after trying that please go ahead and contact Tech Support with a Dr. Felix so they can help get that working for you!

twinsoniclab: Great idea to turn off that custom cursor to help with those lagging issues! Another good idea would be to make sure no other programs on your system are running, as well as running the game as an administrator which can help make sure that the game has access to needed resources.

Run Game as an Administrator

I hope this helps!

bfgIzara

[Post New]by lovestoseek on May 25, 13 2:14 PM
MaryEl wrote:I was having the same problem with seeing all the screen. I changed my screen resolution to 1280x960 and now I can see everything...nothing is cut off. Kind of a pain to have to change resolution since this has not been a problem in all the other games I have downloaded from BF. Don't know if perhaps more problems will show up later on so I think I will wait before buying and see if other problems arise.

my pc don't have that size but I did try the one that the moderator said I did get a small change but not enough to be able to play it..I know by the books on the shelf I can't see the one the SG said I needed to click on and I've tryed every other one and I just have to pass on this one and I wanted to play it so much!!!! all the others in this series played just fine.. very unhappy

ogrprincs
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by ogrprincs on May 25, 13 9:24 PM
I find that I get a lag when I open the SG, other than that the games seems to play fine. I have Windows 7.

JammyKat
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by JammyKat on May 26, 13 1:46 AM
I have the same issues with the screen resolution at 1280x1024 and XP. The Hint button the right is half off the screen. I have a new Nvidia card (less than 2 months old), so it should be okay. I hope this can be fixed. I had thought to use the sale this weekend to buy this game, but with the resolution problems it seems kind of iffy. I am hoping this will be fixed so those of us with this problem can play the game.

Also, when I adjust the volume in the options menu, everything is still really loud, especially the voice overs. I have them down almost to off and they are still so loud that they are just yelling at me.

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on May 26, 13 2:01 AM
I posted this as a separate thread hoping someone might have the answer but it seems several players have the same issue.

I'm in the forge, have put both plates, the code and the metal thing I made on the table where I am supposed to finish making the key. But I just keep being told I need a 'tool' to continue; the hint button shows the forge but there is nothing to click on apart from the table. Checked the SG and I don't seem to have missed anything but all there is in my inventory is a flask of nectar and a bracelet.

I cannot continue past this point and am now wondering if this is some sort of glitch with the game. Unless I've missed something glaringly obvious, there is no 'tool' anywhere for me to use to finish making the key. The hint just refers me back to the forge so is of no help. I'm just stuck.

frederic09
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by frederic09 on May 26, 13 3:44 AM
i have the same problem. I use Windows Vista and a 1280x1024 resolution.

It's like the game is made for 16/10 screens, because the're no option to remove the widescreen.

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on May 26, 13 3:56 AM
Heya Fishies,

twinsoniclab - The instructions for Windows 8 and Windows 7 should be identical in this case. If the compatibility tab doesn't appear it might be that you are trying to access the properties menu through the short cut on your desktop. The menu will only appear if you open the properties window through the executable file in the game's folder, though.

lovestoseek - I'm sorry to hear that the right resolution doesn't seem to be available . Sometimes updating your graphic card driver can make more options for the resolution available so you can always have a look here to get all your software up-to-date.

ogrprincs - That sure can get a bit annoying after a while! It could be that some of your drivers need a bit of an update to make sure that everything is running smoothly. You can find the steps for that here.

JammyKat - Even if your graphic card is brand new it might be that a new driver has already been released. You can always check here just to make sure!
For the sounds it might also help to turn down the sound volume of your computer a little to see if this can even things out a little .

angelfish106 - If nothing is missi ng at this point it could be that some of the files for your game aren't working properly and are causing you to be stuck. I would recommend to try uninstalling and reinstalling your game to see if this gets everything straightened out again.

If this doesn’t help, our Technical Support will be more than happy to have a further look at this with you so you can enjoy your game again! To get help faster it would be a great help if you could include a Dr. Felix report. You can contact them 24/7 by clicking on the green envelope at the top-right of this page. On the next page you can find the Contact Us link on the bottom-left.

If you are a member of our Big Fish Game Club you can contact us without waiting through our Live-Chat, which is open for you Monday – Friday from 7:30 am – 4:30 pm PST.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

pjs22763
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by pjs22763 on May 26, 13 4:48 AM
unable to download to play this game. My Trend Micro wall blocked this game
twice due to a Trojan threat. Anyone else have this problem? I am on a PC with Windows 7.

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on May 26, 13 4:48 AM
bfgBiwa wrote:

angelfish106 - If nothing is missing at this point it could be that some of the files for your game aren't working properly and are causing you to be stuck. I would recommend to try <a href="http://www.bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=492">uninstalling and reinstalling</a> your game to see if this gets everything straightened out again.
bfgBiwa

Removing the game and downloading it again is not something I'm prepared to do, unless it is proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that it is not a bug in the game. I have to use mobile broadband and am restricted to a monthly d/l limit. Others posted with the same issue, which suggested to me the problem lay within the game somewhere.

However I have restarted the game using a different profile and was able to make the key this time, without being told I need a 'tool'. Perhaps for some reason my original profile got corrupted.

[Post New]by HOTTENTOTVENUS on May 26, 13 8:34 AM
Having resolution problems like everybody else. Cannot play demo, so probably won't buy the game.

KarlynG
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by KarlynG on May 26, 13 9:22 AM
Yet another game that you get 3/4 through and then something goes wrong and you can't go further. I am at the dragon area HOS, and when I clicked the magnifying glass to examine the other flag, the magnifying glass disappeared, and now I can't do anything. I have already uninstalled and reinstalled, so don't advise me to do that. If you want folks to pay $13.99 for collector's editions, put out working games.
By the time you get a "fix" in the game manager, I have normally moved on to other games, and forgotten where I am.

Any suggestions that don't involve waiting weeks for a fix, or completely removing the game?

LadyLark
Minnow
Minnow
285 Posts

[Post New]by LadyLark on May 26, 13 11:33 AM
Ditto on the resolution issue. PITA to have to change your monitor's optimum resolution (1280X1024) to play a game! I have not encountered this one before, at least not recently. Managed to get through the demo, but who knows going forward what's hidden along the edges?

[Post New]by szoszivirag on May 26, 13 4:08 PM
I'm stuck and my hint button doesn't work. Made the flat key, put both plates; keep being told I need a tool to continue. I don't missed anything in my inventory is a flask of nectar and a bracelet. Started the game again, now on chapter 5 stuck again! I lost the scissor on the HOG where you have to cut the ribbon. I had it but when I clicked on it disappeared.
Deleted and re installed the game but did not help. I'm stuck again and frustrated! Help please!

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on May 27, 13 3:36 AM
Heya Fishies,

If you are still experience resolution issues after having followed the steps that bfgIzara posted, please also check if the drivers for your computer are all up-to-date with the steps that you can find here.

pjs22763 - Being told that a file contains a trojan sure is scary! That#s why we always make sure that our games are 100% virus free, so you can install them without a worry! Sometimes it happens that an anti-virus software does give a false alarm though. In these cases we work closely with the companies to get this resolved. To do so it would be great if you could get in touch with our Tech Support Team and give them all the information about which file is marked as harmful and which software you are using.

angelfish106 - Being on mobile broadband with a download limit I can definitely understand that uninstalling and reinstall your game is not the best solution. I'm happy to hear that the new profile seems to have solved the problem, though!

KarlynG - That sure sounds frustrating, I'm really sorry to hear about these issues! As uninstalling and reinstalling didn't solve the problem it could also help to make sure that make sure that all the software on your computer is up-to-dfate with the steps that you can find here.

szoszivirag - As it seems that you keep getting stuck even after uninstalling and reinstalling rthe game and starting a new profile, it could be that your computer is having some problems with the game as well. You can always check the steps here to make sure that everything is up-to-date.

Should you continue to experience problems after all this, please get in touch with our Tech Support Team by clicking on the green envelope and choosing Contact Us on the next page. They'll definitely be able to have a closer look at everything for you!

Best of luck!

bfgBiwa

Go to: