bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Reviews for Love Chronicles: Salvation Collector's Edition

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on May 25, 13 12:52 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Love Chronicles: Salvation Collector's Edition? We’d love to hear all about it, as would many of the other fishies in our pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the Love Chronicles: Salvation Collector's Edition page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgFlounder

Edited on 05/25/2013 at 12:55:00 AM PST

bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Re:Reviews for Love Chronicles: Salvation Collector's Edition

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on May 25, 13 12:54 AM
Hi Fishies,

I just wanted to add to the OP: This thread has been reserved for reviews only.

If you have any questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game) please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post as this can develop into a discussion that is not suitable to the review thread.

While the reviews in this thread are first and foremost helpful to other players, they also tell us and all who were involved in making this game, what you liked/disliked most, what you’d like to see more/less of in future games, etc. This can only help us in continuing to provide better games, which is what we all want!

We want to ensure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, so the Moderation Team will be proactively removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews) that pop up in this thread.

For any non-review related posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.

Thank you!

bfgFlounder

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on May 25, 13 1:30 AM
Demoed, casual, for a little over 30 minutes I would say (game's demo says I still have "60 minutes left"....

- 3 modes, casual, advanced, hard

- Integrated SG which shows 5 chapters + bonus play. Extras includes wallpapers, concept art, music

- Notebook

- Interactive map showing areas of interest

- Shortly after playing you get a chest where the artifacts you collect will gather

- Voice overs. A lot of cut scenes and talk

- Interactive H0, regular ones, some with silhouettes where you need an item to find another, sometimes it's difficult to use the item found, you have to click several times before it works. A lot of H0

- Some nice inventive mini games

- Hint is useful outside H0

- Skip button

- Good graphics but not over thrilling

The evil witch was once a gentle maiden, up to you to turn her back to her normal self. I have all the other Love Chronicles but I can't say I'm too keen about this one. Will probably get it to take advantage of the sale.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on May 25, 13 2:06 AM
Morning, all...

This game has 5 chapters plus the Bonus chapter.

There are 3 gameplay modes: Casual, Advanced, Hard.

There is a choice of a large custom cursor and a tiny custom cursor.

There is voice-over.

There is widescreen.

Your Journal is at the right.

Next to it is your HINT button, which takes about 20 seconds to refill in Casual mode, and fills instantly when used outside of the HOS (hidden object scenes).

There are fireflies you can catch with your hand (or can't, depending on your ability to catch them). When you finally managed to catch one, your cursor hand turns into a firefly. Drag it to the HINT button for a faster refill. Sometimes you will see fireflies also in a HOS.

When using the HINT button outside of the HOS, you will see a picture of where you should do something. Click on it, and you will be instantly transported to this place.

Also at the right is your SG (strategy guide). It stays open where you last left it open. However, there is no "Home" button. So if you want to go back to the beginning, you have to do it page by page.

At the left is the Menu button and your MAP. The Map shows you where you are (whirlwind), places of interest (exclamation mark), and unsolved tasks (question mark).
The Map can also be used to jump.

The HOS are interactive. So far I have come across 3 different types: Silhouettes, pictures of objects, and "put the objects you found back into the scene" type.

Puzzles and Mini games can be skipped. The SKIP button takes about 45 seconds to fill in Casual mode.

The graphics are very well done.

I will take Poutoule's word for it that you will find a chest for the artifacts you need to collect. I have played 45 minutes and not come across it yet.

--- --- ---

Either I am spoilt rotten or I am losing interest in HOGs, but I wasn't thrown off my chair with excitement.

I like the story, and I like the gameplay. However, there are no extras to the game itself (morphing objects, collectables, achievements, etc), which is a little disappointing.

There are quite a few HOS, but they are varied and therefore keep it interesting.

I will have to see whether I do want to get another CE I haven't bought yet (Thursday's "Dark Parables" for example), seeing that it's a BOGOF weekend. But I have a feeling I will wait for the SE.

Edited on 05/25/2013 at 2:47:27 AM PST

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

[Post New]by shorenuf on May 25, 13 2:12 AM
The Prince has returned to his kingdom only to find Alura has regained her strength and is taking revenge on his Kingdom. Travel back in time to before Alura became a witch; save her from the evil Zander, …

Hmmm -- wouldn't that mean the first 2 Love Chronicles never happened? No matter, this is fantasy after all. Anything is possible in a kingdom with magical purple talking cats.

Voice overs
wide screen; on my 24" monitor there are black bars top and bottom
Artwork is appropriate, better in some scenes than others
3 play modes -- only the hardest has no sparkles, all have hints and skips, refresh times get longer
Fast travel map; your location, areas of interest, active tasks indicated
Diary
collect fireflies to shorten hint time -- so far I do not see how that happens
No Achievements
Puzzles fit the story, some familiar, some clever, none difficult
HO scenes vary -- FROG, interactive HO, put back
Challenge level is minimal

CE extras:
Strategy guide -- Introduction plus 5 chapters
Bonus Chapter
The usual Fluff

I played LC 2 a long time ago, but I seem to remember a lightheartedness about it that so far is not evident in this story. I played the full hour, getting through the intro and part of Chapter 1. I wanted to like this game because LC 2 was so well done. So far I'm not all that excited about it, sad to say.

Like Valdy, I was not granted a chest to hold my stuff.

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on May 25, 13 3:10 AM
I quite liked this game but didn't get that 'must buy now' feeling with it. I played through to the end of the 60 mins trial and had only just got into Chapter 1, so it seems as though it will be a long-ish game. The graphics were very nice, although not as sharp as the other Love Chronicles games (which I loved). The story continues from where we left the Prince in the previous game and it seems this may be the last in the series.

Some of the puzzles were quite tricky and one was just impossible to figure out; I skipped a couple as I just got tired of trying. There are a lot of HOS but they are varied; standard searches with a lot of interactivity, FROGS, put items back, find 20 of something etc. The music was lovely.

I played in advanced mode but the only difference between this and casual was the time the hint/skip took to refill. There were still sparkles although they weren't over done so not too 'in your face'. The game filled my w/s monitor with no black bars. I did find the achievements chest but had no idea what it was at the time as it didn't say. Maybe it did in the SG which I didn't look at during the demo. I was able to catch the fireflies in the HOS, which you drag to the hint fill meter so it recharges faster.

Since there is a 'buy one get one free' sale this weekend, I will probably get this game (along with Legacy Tales) since I would like to know how the story ends! I'd give it 7/10; not top notch but pretty good.

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on May 25, 13 5:40 AM
Enjoyed the game. Played 'hard' mode and it took about 4 hours to finish. The graphics were super, and the music in keeping with the mood of the game.
A nice variety of HOS, and puzzles. Nothing new in the puzzle dept., but well put together and excellent graphics.
Hint system was excellent; I liked the way the hint took you to the place where there were things to do.
The map was good, but at times the objective was incorrect. Never needed the SG.
The bonus content wasn't value for money, too short and too many bog standard HOGs.
All in all, thoroughly enjoyed playing this CE!

[Post New]by daisyduck352 on May 25, 13 9:04 AM
Love this game! The graphics are great and storyline quite good. I haven't played entire game yet but so far it's a buy for me. Has a map and you can click on where you want to be. Like the cute critters..

silverfiesta
Guppy
Guppy
155 Posts

[Post New]by silverfiesta on May 25, 13 9:51 AM
Really loved the music and the graphics - I finished the hour on casual and got into the 1st chapter.

I loved the variety in the HOGs, but found that the puzzles just did not have enough explanation to figure out what I was supposed to do, so I skipped, which I hate to do. Case in point, the Wizard puzzle, couldn't figure out how to get them to move and my trial ran out at that point. On the plus side, tho, I was surprised my hour was over already, so - since the bonus is soooo short, I will get this with a PCC when the SE comes out. Too bad, they could nave had a real winner here.

sunnyglow
Clownfish
Clownfish
804 Posts

[Post New]by sunnyglow on May 25, 13 10:24 AM
Guess what? It is "once upon a time" again for BF. I see yesterday it was Cinderella and her international crew of like-minded sisters and today, it is a proper, kindly, stuffy, English Sir Knightalot. The Kittens have provided us with another game very similar to others they have released. This game is so similar to the the previous games that I thought I had already played this game. I believe cutting down the tree to go to the next valley was in the last game as well. Oh well, graphics,like old clothes, can always be recycled. However, I must admit I love the purple cat! Wonder if I can adopt him? I see that we in for another round of fairytales from our devs. Today's fairytale has a Sir Knightalot from merry old England trying to reform some mean girl. Love conquers all, right? This game is very average. The graphics are nice, the HOG scenes are similar to those from their last game, the music is English chamber "muzac, if you like that sort of thing. However, after 2 weeks away, I really find the English accents "bloody" annoying. This is not a terrible game and you are getting a special on the CE's this week, so I will probably break down and purchase both fairytales.

Edited on 05/25/2013 at 10:25:12 AM PST

ladygem6
Herring
Herring
391 Posts

[Post New]by ladygem6 on May 25, 13 10:58 AM
I can't say I was really excited by this game and I was really expecting it to be good because I liked the last LC. However, the voice of the wizard really irrated me. He is too loud and too gruff, not like a wizard should sound at all.

I thought the sound effects and the HO scenes were pretty standard. Not much animation and repetitive sound. Frankly, I was bored with it within the first five minutes. Maybe I am just expecting too much from games like this that are usually so much better. I mean, it's not a bad game, just not an especially good one. Average, I guess, but not worthy of being a CE. In my opinion anyway.

The puzzles are ok and I like trading off the shapes/items to put back and normal ho scenes. I have not tried to catch a firefly yet as I'm not sure where they are. Appear to be quite difficult, though. The story line is not new and I don't really care for some of the special effects . It looks sluggish and and ordinary. Old School. Not well thought out, in my opinon.

However, since I really want 'Dark Parables: The Final Cinderella CE', I will most likely get it to make the sale worth it. I just wish there was a better CE than this one to pare up with Cinderella. Oh, didn't like the voice of the 'magical cat' either.

Edited on 05/25/2013 at 11:00:05 AM PST

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on May 25, 13 2:34 PM
Got the first two LC games and really liked them. This one is pretty much the same as far as graphics and game play (nice). Games are simple. A lot of cut scenes, but you can click through them. You spend a lot of time and good shoe leather running back and forth quite a lot. I liked the mixture of HOGs (silhouettes (a lot), list of objects and "put item back"), but the color was a bit washed out and some items difficult to see. Gets frustrating when you find an object but can't pick it up until you find something else first. I like a challenge, but not when it becomes "not so much fun anymore."

Music not bad. Hint system nice, fills fairly quickly, but I did not care for the catching of the fireflies. They aren't that difficult to catch, just seemed like an useless step since the hint fills anyway. The fireflies just make it fill faster. Map wasn't bad, at least it was a jump..good thing since you ran around in circles quite a lot.

This was a somewhat challenging game, nothing extra or special. It did not make me want to run out and get it as soon as the demo ended. As I have said numerous times, I am trying not to buy CE games, unless there is a real hot special. That said, since it is buy one get one free, I will get this game to add to my collection, along with the Dark Parables CE I passed on earlier this week.

As always, try it for yourself and see what you think. We all have different tastes in games and you may not care for this one at all. Thanks for the reviews.

Sprattie
Herring
Herring
315 Posts

[Post New]by Sprattie on May 25, 13 4:13 PM
I lasted about 2 minutes into the demo. When the bridge fell down, and I had to cut a tree down to get across like I have in maybe 8 or 10 other games, I exited and sadly now have nothing to buy in the BOGO sale. The "extras" are not a draw for me and this feels like just another cookie cutter game so no buy today.

Edited on 05/25/2013 at 4:13:47 PM PST

Cromaxgal
Clownfish
Clownfish
730 Posts

[Post New]by Cromaxgal on May 26, 13 12:54 PM
It doesn't have wide screen capabilities and it was OKAY but not spectacular, so think I'll pass.

steve_san
Clownfish
Clownfish
586 Posts

[Post New]by steve_san on May 26, 13 4:09 PM

Started out ok, but I lost interest after 30 minutes when I was told I have to collect four amulets.

If you like amulets, potions, spells, etc, you will probably like this game. If, like me, you don't, well...

This one is not for me, either as a CE or an SE or even a DD.

As always, try before you buy.

Donq47
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by Donq47 on May 28, 13 7:38 AM
For me the perfect game is the right combination of fun, interest and work. Perhaps it's because the fairy land aspect is not my favorite genre but this game seems just not enough interest or fun versus the work. Just my opinion.

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on May 30, 13 10:20 PM
Cute game, but nothing special. I would have waited for the SE, but the BOGO sale was too good to pass up.

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on May 31, 13 2:34 PM
Has anyone else noticed the time paradox this game creates? If you go back in time and stop your love from becoming a wicked witch, the first two games in this series cannot happen. Still a fun game though, but as an SE

exact
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
434 Posts

[Post New]by exact on Jun 5, 13 5:56 PM
This will go into my favorites file! Wonderful graphics, nice story line, plenty of games and great hidden object fun. Thanks, hope we see more from this developer.

[Post New]by JustTheFacts on Jun 9, 13 2:07 AM
I’d Give The SE 5 Stars

BASED ON DEMO

This game is not CE standard, but it is an EXCEPTIONALLY DELIGHTFUL game.

As a SE, this game promises to be VERY ENJOYABLE. The GRAPHICS are BEAUTIFULLY & IMAGINATIVELY drawn. This is a MAGICAL TALE, so you will see some very different pictures of everyday items.

The MUSIC is pleasant and ethereal, but the AMBIENT SOUND is really good. I searched everywhere tracking down that mouse I could hear, and as it turned out, it was important that I did.

The GAMEPLAY is HO with a FEW (SO FAR EASY) PUZZLES, and a goodly EMPHASIS on NOT DIFFICULT adventure.

There is a JOURNAL, an INTERACTIVE JUMP MAP, and a HINT that JUMPS you to the suggested area.

The HO SCENES are a major plus. They come in MANY TYPES. So far, INTERACTIVE LIST, SILHOUETTES, MISPLACED ITEMS, & make-something-with-stuff-from-this-area. There are also HOS that cannot be unlocked until you find MULTIPLES OF, and FRAGMENTED OBJECT HOS. The variety of HO types alone makes the game just that much more interesting.

But the BEST thing about this game is the STORY. Having come home from your previous adventures, you discover your earlier foe is taking revenge on your kingdom. In order to stop her, you must TRAVEL BACK TO THE PAST, at a crucial moment in her life, and PREVENT her subversion to EVIL.

Her mother’s MAGICAL AMULETS (4) will prevent this catastrophe, if you can get them in time. And so, your quest. Along the way, I suspect a little romance.
The SG shows 5 CHAPTERS and the BONUS CHAPTER, along with an introduction, which I did not complete within the hour. So I’m thinking the game is a DECENT LENGTH.

I am really enjoying this game, but I will NOT recommend the CE version to the average gamer. We simply expect more than ART GALLERY, MUSIC and BONUS CHAPTER these days.

With this weekend’s sale, perhaps a lot of people will decide to live without the extras, and to them... ENJOY!

I recommend this game!

Go to: