belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

Bonus content...

[Post New]by belamba on May 25, 13 5:35 AM
Enjoyed this game, but considering we pay double for a CE, the bonus content was lame. The game itself had some interesting and well thought out HOs; so why then was the bonus content full of bog standard HOs?
Not much extra play time either.
Do find it irritating that little, if any thought is put into the extra game play.
The whole game played on 'hard' mode, took 4 hours. The bonus chapter on 'hard' mode took 30 minutes. Not really good value for the extra money!

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

Re:Bonus content...

[Post New]by Valdy on May 25, 13 5:57 AM
Thank you for the info on the bonus game, Belamba.

I liked the game on the whole, although I wasn't thrown off my chair with excitement about the gameplay, and I liked the variety of HOS, but I was slightly disappointed with the lack of extras in the game itself.

And now that you say the bonus game is also just so-so, I will definitely wait for the SE and get it with a PCC.

There have only ever been a handful CEs where the bonus game was as satisfying for me to play as the main game. But, as you said, quite often the developers don't seem to care enough about what is added to the bonus game (so long they have a good enough reason to make it a CE), and often just add one basic HOS after another.

Edited on 05/27/2013 at 2:24:10 PM PST

barregar
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,249 Posts

[Post New]by barregar on May 25, 13 7:35 AM
Belamba, thank you so much for info on the bonus game. It really helps me to decide whether to get the CE or wait for the SE.

quaifen
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by quaifen on May 25, 13 9:12 AM
remember you can get the two for one sale, if you buy Dark Parables which is a great game, you can get Love Chronicles free, thats better than waiting for the SE, what I do not like about SE, is that you have to wait so long for the game, I love when they have these sale, because I to would have waited for the SE for love chronicles

Sprattie
Herring
Herring
315 Posts

[Post New]by Sprattie on May 25, 13 9:22 AM
Belamba, thanks for checking in and letting us know about the bonus content. This is exactly why I read all the reviews before buying (in this case, before trying the demo.) All CE forums should have a comment thread specifically for bonus content.

silverfiesta
Guppy
Guppy
155 Posts

Re:Bonus content... Makes me wonder!

[Post New]by silverfiesta on May 25, 13 9:59 AM
In the light of this conversation, I have to wonder if the developers are being forced by BF to do added content to get the price they need to make a profit. It seems that way too many CEs have the same complaint, many seem to not care about wallpapers, music and other add ins, but only care about seeing game play that justifies the double price.

Just sayin'!!!!!

Jorie10
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by Jorie10 on May 25, 13 12:14 PM
Thank you for posting this, Belamba!

I was trying to decide between getting this or Rite of Passage along with Dark Parables in the BOGO sale. I think Rite of Passage sounds like the better choice even though its Bonus Content is short, too (per reviews).

I will wait and use one of my many June PCCs for the SE of Love Chronicles.

Jorie

Edited to add:
Sprattie, I so agree!!! I scour through all the reviews looking for opinions on the bonus content.

Edited on 05/25/2013 at 12:16:16 PM PST

teresa72
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

Bonus content...

[Post New]by teresa72 on May 25, 13 1:29 PM
belamba wrote:Enjoyed this game, but considering we pay double for a CE, the bonus content was lame. The game itself had some interesting and well thought out HOs; so why then was the bonus content full of bog standard HOs?
Not much extra play time either.
Do find it irritating that little, if any thought is put into the extra game play.
The whole game played on 'hard' mode, took 4 hours. The bonus chapter on 'hard' mode took 30 minutes. Not really good value for the extra money!

teresa72
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by teresa72 on May 25, 13 1:35 PM
This game if you buy as a daily bonus game will onlly cost you THREE POUNDS SIXTY per game which makes this a very good deal

kitkat725
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by kitkat725 on May 25, 13 9:12 PM
I assume you finished the game? How did you get through the "key making" process? There are several of us stuck there. What is the "tool" we're supposed to use? Would you help us out by checking into that forum? Thanks

read61
Salmon
Salmon
2,775 Posts

[Post New]by read61 on May 26, 13 3:22 PM
My thanks also Belamba for info on the bonus game. This one has none of the extras I look for in a CE and the bonus game is the deciding factor - I will wait for the SE.

emmyjayne
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,375 Posts

[Post New]by emmyjayne on Jul 18, 13 8:42 PM
Agree that bonus game was a big disappointment. Very short and no attention to detail - some of the translations were overlooked, e.g., in one of the HOS "paper sheet" was actually a leaf. Music was lovely but mini-games were mostly same old games we've seen a thousand times before.Just seemed like a last ditch effort to call it a CE. Definitely wait for the SE, especially since there are no achievements. Not even close to being CE quality.

Extras - I tried to play music tracks in the Extras section but the tracks actually would not play. Adds to the perception of being ripped off by buying the CE.

Go to: