bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

Post any Dark Parables: The Final Cinderella Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgIzara on May 25, 13 8:12 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

Re:Post any Dark Parables: The Final Cinderella Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgIzara on May 25, 13 8:17 AM
Hi Fishies,

Just swimming in to let you know that if you're still having issues with the rivet or piano keys that an update is now available for the PC version! Just uninstall and reinstall your game, and those issues should be resolved.

Uninstall/Reinstall

Feel free to click here if you'd like to learn more about that update!

Thanks!

bfgIzara

Edited on 05/25/2013 at 11:55:40 AM PST

Re:Post any Dark Parables: The Final Cinderella Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by beaking on May 25, 13 10:41 AM
Just purchased the games today 5/25 and am having the problem with the rivet too
on my mac, very frustrating

[Post New]by beaking on May 25, 13 11:04 AM
Just untinstalled and installed twice and still same problem

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on May 25, 13 11:55 AM
Hey beaking,

Thanks so much for uninstalling and reinstalling the game, and I'm sorry to hear that it didn't help with the rivet! The most recent update was for the PC version specifically, so it's possible that the Mac version may still be having issues.

If you would please go ahead and write in to Mac Support with a Dr. Felix one of our Reps will be able to pass this helpful information along to the developer if a fix is needed for the Mac version as well.

To reach them, please click on the green to the right of the page and then select the Contact Us link to the bottom left.

Thanks!

bfgIzara

[Post New]by xfilerenee on May 25, 13 3:41 PM
I am also having problems just downloading the game at all. On a Windows 7 machine, it is asking to open or save, not Run, like it usually does. Looks like the file name could be an issue.....

Thanks, love this series, so I would love to be able to download and play

Kamali
Guppy
Guppy
173 Posts

[Post New]by Kamali on May 25, 13 5:50 PM
The strange problem I'm having is that I adjusted the gamma so the game was lighter, then when I exited it instead of the lightness going back to normal it stayed lighter, so everything now is really washed out and pale.

Other games with a gamma-adjustment facility put it back to normal when you exit. Why doesn't this one?

Anged
Guppy
Guppy
137 Posts

[Post New]by Anged on May 26, 13 4:17 AM
I'm playing the game on my Mac and I have the same issue with the piano keys.
What do I do?

johnsharon
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by johnsharon on May 26, 13 10:50 AM
Bought the game without trying Demo, but it was very good till I got to the bonus game and Cannot get the rivet, it fell off the cabinet into a dark place I guess. Bummer, this is the second game that I've bought that I couldn't complete the bonus games. This is really discouraging to those of us who like the bonus. OK BF get a patch I hope!

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on May 27, 13 3:57 AM
Heya Fishies,

xfilerenee - It sounds like your browser is giving you a bit of a different menu. This sometimes happens when you update your browser and get a newer version. Open should be the equivalent of the Run command that you had before. If you want to make sure though you can always choose Save and afterwards open the small file that you download. Make sure to save it in a place that is easy for you to find and after you open the file everything should work as normal!

Kamali - That sure sounds a bit odd as the gamma should have gone back! You might want to check if maybe some of the drivers on your computer need updating with the steps that you can find here.

Anged - To get the update that fixes the problem with the piano keys, please make sure to try uninstalling and reinstalling your game to get the newest version we have available!

johnsharon - We just received an update that fixes this issue as wlel as problems that people have experienced with the piano key. To get it all you have to do is uninstall and reinstall your game and everything should work!

If this doesn’t help, our Technical Support will be more than happy to have a further look at this with you so you can enjoy your game again! To get help faster it would be a great help if you could include a Dr. Felix report. You can contact them 24/7 by clicking on the green envelope at the top-right of this page. On the next page you can find the Contact Us link on the bottom-left.

If you are a member of our Big Fish Game Club you can contact us without waiting through our Live-Chat, which is open for you Monday – Friday from 7:30 am – 4:30 pm PST.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

tj1147
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

[Post New]by tj1147 on May 28, 13 8:13 PM
Really strange....I played the game a couple of days ago with no problems whatsoever. I started it again today with a different profile so I could look for the "extra objects". Now I have the "rivet problem" in the bonus chapter!

I really really don't want to uninstall/reinstall because the download is so slow and takes way too long. I have exited the game and will try reentering and see if that helps. If not, I will be quite upset.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on May 29, 13 2:48 AM
Hi tj1147,

As a new build of this game recently addressed the issue with the rivet, I would suggest uninstalling and reinstalling the game to ensure you have the most recent version installed.

The good news is that now that the game has been released for a couple of days, downloads should be faster than they would have been on the day of release.

Hoping this info help a bit!

bfgBaikal

tj1147
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

[Post New]by tj1147 on May 29, 13 7:00 AM
Reinstalling now. The strange part is that there was no problem with the rivet the first time I played the game (before the "fix" of that issue), but the second time I played the game - still with original install - that is when I got the rivet problem!

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on May 29, 13 9:18 AM
How weird, tj1147! Hopefully that uninstall and reinstall will do the trick!

Thanks,

bfgIzara

tj1147
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

[Post New]by tj1147 on May 29, 13 10:04 AM
Yes..after reinstalling, I was able to get the rivet and finish the game (again). I just cannot figure why I was able to finish it the first time - before the glitch was fixed, but not after until I reinstalled the game!

Good game and I look forward to the next Dark Parable!

dollym123
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by dollym123 on May 29, 13 3:41 PM
I too am having a rivet problem. I've uninstalled and reinstalled 3 times today still no
rivet. Hope I can finish the bonus game soon.

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on May 30, 13 6:33 AM
Heya dollym123, Welcome to the Pond!

That sure is frustrating!

As we have just released an update to fix this issue it might be worth trying to uninstall and reinstall once more if you haven't done so since the update has been released.

Otherwise if you keep running into this problem, please let our Tech Support Team know that you are still experiencing this issue!

Best of luck!

bfgBiwa

murphy1018
Lobster
Lobster
85 Posts

[Post New]by murphy1018 on May 30, 13 7:45 AM
Goddess tears. They have vanished from my inventory. I know I picked them up earlier but can't continue until this is fixed. I have uninstalled/reinstalled the game with no luck. There is another post on this issue as well.

Please help!

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on May 30, 13 9:25 AM
Hey murphy1018,

Thanks so much for already uninstalling and reinstalling the game. Since that didn't help to get those goddess tears back, I'd definitely check to see if there's anything else that can be completed in the game.

If there isn't, then please write in to Tech Support with a Dr. Felix and one of our Reps will work with you directly to get that working again!

Just click on the green to the right of the page and then select the Contact Us link to the bottom left to reach them.

Hope this helps!

bfgIzara

dollym123
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by dollym123 on Jun 2, 13 9:18 AM
dollym123 wrote:I too am having a rivet problem. I've uninstalled and reinstalled 3 times today still no
rivet. Hope I can finish the bonus game soon.

Go to: