Clydacc
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

Morphing/Cursed Objects

[Post New]by Clydacc on May 25, 13 12:50 PM
Yes, I know it's a minor matter; but it is driving me bananas that I can't find the second morphine object. When I click where the guide says, there is nothing; and I also get too close to hint button and set it off. Thanks for any halp.

Clydacc
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

Re:Morphing/Cursed Objects

[Post New]by Clydacc on May 25, 13 12:51 PM
Yes, I can spell. "morphing", not morphine.

Laflamme
Stingray
Stingray
4,512 Posts

[Post New]by Laflamme on May 25, 13 12:53 PM
The second object was the bottle of wine in the room with the mirror (right after the room where you found the first one above the door). It becomes active once you solve the puzzle with the mirror.

Haberyan
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

[Post New]by Haberyan on May 25, 13 5:52 PM
In the guide, you only have to click "Cursed Objects" and click on the picture.

Clydacc
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by Clydacc on May 25, 13 7:16 PM
Thank you. I was fairly sure it had to be the wine bottle from the photo in the guide. But it wouldn't activate. Now, thanks to you, I know why. Reason I love the forums for the games.

[Post New]by Persistent_Cat on May 28, 13 12:31 PM
"Morphine'.... heehee, that was a funny typo. Mainly because of how addicted I am to morphing objects.

The other game site has a waklthrough with a list of cursed objects in order of when they appear.

Edited on 05/28/2013 at 12:32:37 PM PST

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on May 30, 13 6:51 PM
Laflamme wrote:The second object was the bottle of wine in the room with the mirror (right after the room where you found the first one above the door). It becomes active once you solve the puzzle with the mirror.

I missed this one and the one in the dressing room initially, but I went on anyway and discovered that I could still collect them near the end of the game, once I finally was able to get back to that part of the house.

So, the good news is, if you missed any cursed objects, you'll be able to collect them later - as long as you do it before you leave in Chapter 10. You'll get a warning that you won't be coming back to this area again, so use that time to go get any you missed before you leave. You should have 19 when you leave.

[Post New]by Persistent_Cat on Jun 4, 13 8:57 AM
The walkthrough on the other site lists them in the order you can find them. Spoiler (highlight to read): Cursed objects aren't available immediately, the other walkthrough explains when you can get the items).

Bartsister
Clownfish
Clownfish
710 Posts

[Post New]by Bartsister on Jun 4, 13 9:37 PM
burf90 wrote:So, the good news is, if you missed any cursed objects, you'll be able to collect them later - as long as you do it before you leave in Chapter 10. You'll get a warning that you won't be coming back to this area again, so use that time to go get any you missed before you leave. You should have 19 when you leave.

That's interesting that you said you had 19 when you took the carriage for the last chapter. I had 18 and found two after the carriage ride to give me the full 20 by game's end. I wonder if there were more than 20 in the game?

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Jun 4, 13 10:44 PM
Bartsister wrote:That's interesting that you said you had 19 when you took the carriage for the last chapter. I had 18 and found two after the carriage ride to give me the full 20 by game's end. I wonder if there were more than 20 in the game?

My guess would be that one of the objects you missed was actually in the mirror world that the carriage takes you to. If you have found every single one available from both worlds by the time you get to the carriage ride, you'll leave with 19.

I knew that I missed the wine bottle from spotting the post here, so I was happy that I was able to get both that and the new one in the same room when I was able to get back into the mansion.

Bartsister
Clownfish
Clownfish
710 Posts

[Post New]by Bartsister on Jun 5, 13 7:43 PM
burf90 wrote:
Bartsister wrote:That's interesting that you said you had 19 when you took the carriage for the last chapter. I had 18 and found two after the carriage ride to give me the full 20 by game's end. I wonder if there were more than 20 in the game?

My guess would be that one of the objects you missed was actually in the mirror world that the carriage takes you to. If you have found every single one available from both worlds by the time you get to the carriage ride, you'll leave with 19.

Ahhh, that makes sense. That's probably what happened.

Go to: