bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

Post any Chronicles of Albian 2: The Wizbury School of Magic technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on May 26, 13 12:32 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

JammyKat
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

Re:Post any Chronicles of Albian 2: The Wizbury School of Magic technical issues here only

[Post New]by JammyKat on May 26, 13 1:30 AM
The game locked up on me two different times during the demo. Once was when I went back to the entry hall a second time and zoomed in on the knight. The second time was when the Fitz screen came up to sell items. That part worked okay the first time; the second time only gave me $60 (not sure if that was and error, but much less money than the first time); the third time it just locked up. Both times it locked up, I had to use Task Manager to close the game. I liked the game otherwise and might want to buy it, but not if it is going to lock up on me.

crispypot
Minnow
Minnow
272 Posts

Re:Post any Chronicles of Albian 2: The Wizbury School of Magic technical issues here only

[Post New]by crispypot on May 26, 13 1:56 AM
i had same problem , loaded fine but every conversation the game froze for a while then came alive, went onto the map i think it was, and the whole game froze, couldnt use task manager to close it had to do a forced shut down of my comp

Nilosh
Clownfish
Clownfish
590 Posts

[Post New]by Nilosh on May 26, 13 2:22 AM
Lovely game but froze on me twice as well and I too had to use a forced shut down as I couldn't access task manager. Too bad, was enjoying it but wont risk until the bug is gone.

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on May 26, 13 3:35 AM
Heya Fishies,

I'm sorry to hear that the game seems to be freezing a lot for you!

On thing that you could try here is to make sure that all the software and drivers on your computer are up-to-date. You can find some steps on how to do that in our help article here.

Another steps would be to see that the game installed without problems as sometimes files can get damaged during the installation process. In these cases uninstalling and reinstalling your game should solve the problem and you should be able to play.

If this doesn’t help, our Technical Support will be more than happy to have a further look at this with you so you can enjoy your game again! To get help faster it would be a great help if you could include a Dr. Felix report. You can contact them 24/7 by clicking on the green envelope at the top-right of this page. On the next page you can find the Contact Us link on the bottom-left.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

[Post New]by kris_cross48 on May 26, 13 7:26 AM
Had the exact same issue, just spent an hour with checking upgrades, I was completely upgraded per nvidia. Perhaps the gamer isn't the problem?
Kris

crispypot
Minnow
Minnow
272 Posts

[Post New]by crispypot on May 26, 13 7:54 AM
Yeah i`m all up to date too i could uninstall and try hat but for the length of time i was frozen out i`ve only 13 mins of the trial left,shame cos i quite liked it !!

[Post New]by gladysschmuck on May 26, 13 9:20 AM
Same issue here. Play a short while then serial lockups. Tried everything including installing and uninstalling. Only way out of the game is the three finger salute. Developers have screwed up on this one. Hope there is a fix soon.

mgpaquin
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
454 Posts

[Post New]by mgpaquin on May 26, 13 9:28 AM
Another lockup victim here. I'm going to try uninstalling and reinstalling, and keep my fingers crossed. It's a cute little game and I'd get it, if only I could play it.

joyzebra
Minnow
Minnow
234 Posts

[Post New]by joyzebra on May 26, 13 9:37 AM
no matter what help item I click on I am taken to the same spot, and have nothing in inventory to do anything. wasn't this game beta tested? so tired of games being put up and can't play.

barregar
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,249 Posts

[Post New]by barregar on May 26, 13 9:54 AM
It happened to me too...froze up and I couldn't even get out by using Task Manager, had to reboot...sucks. I love this game and hope it gets a fix. I tried all the latest releases and everything works fine so it can't be our computers that needs the fix. Have everything updated. Wanted to buy this so badly because I loved the first one.

mgpaquin
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
454 Posts

[Post New]by mgpaquin on May 26, 13 10:08 AM
Tried uninstalling, rebooting, and then reinstalling. Game froze up on me again. I'll have to wait until there's a fix for this game, which I hope comes along. Wish I could buy this one, but not with it constantly freezing...

EvaLe
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

[Post New]by EvaLe on May 26, 13 10:39 AM
Same problem. Freezes. After re-installing more frequently than before.

letsdoit
Shark
Shark
10,483 Posts

[Post New]by letsdoit on May 26, 13 11:20 AM
Looks like a lot (so far) have the 'freeze up' issue...Same here!

I did ctrl/alt/delete to get out the first time I tried the 'demo', nothing, so had to hit the 'turn off' puter button

Then went back (am persistant sometimes), logged in, did a complete scan, delete, update on my system (again as do every morning)...Went to GM...Hit 'play' and then changed the 'cursor'...all was going splendid until I got to the next 'yak yak yak' (which is fine as I did like this in the game) scene ... and it froze up! Again!

This second time did the ctrl/alt/delete and I was surprised as it let me do the 'end task'!

I have 30 minutes left...This game some reviews (which I do not always take as the end buy I just read) says its for probably a game for 'kids' ! ...Well this ole broad thinks not, there is a 'kid' somewhere in all of us! ...I actually really like this game as it is a 'refreshing, fun, adventuresome' which makes one 'happppy'...IMO

So will uninstall ... AGAIN!

Wanted to buy so bad during the 'sale' this holiday but now will wait!

Lets

[Post New]by kris_cross48 on May 26, 13 11:41 AM
same here...must be an "old broad" problem (reinstalling gives you hope then CRASH)...anywho..sent a love note to big fish with Dr. Felix hanging from it...looks like ill not hear anything for a dayt. perhaps a monitor would like to update us?
kris

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on May 26, 13 12:42 PM
Froze up on me twice as well. Uninstalling and reinstalling didn't help. Gets very frustating when you have to do that and start at the beginning again, only to find out it didn't work! Devs are in too big of a hurry to get games out. If I have problems with one of their games, I certainly will not buy another.

deejae101
Guppy
Guppy
147 Posts

[Post New]by deejae101 on May 26, 13 2:23 PM
I'm another "frozen" person!!!
Hope they get a fix for it ~ I bought it before I tried it because I liked the last one.

Edited on 05/26/2013 at 2:26:04 PM PST

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on May 26, 13 3:12 PM
Hi Fishies,

I'm sorry to hear that some of you are running into freezing and crashing issues with the game. Though I don't know for sure what's causing that at the moment, I do want to let you know we'll be looking into this and hopefully figure out what might be causing that. You can also try the troubleshooting steps available on our help article here, which might work in getting the game running better:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

We also encourage you to contact our Tech Support Team so they can look into your unique case, which allows us to gather more information on the problem and offer assistance.

I hope that helps,

bfgSeine

LuckyKK
Minnow
Minnow
257 Posts

[Post New]by LuckyKK on May 26, 13 3:52 PM
I tried the trial version, and it froze up on me. I had to shut my pc down by the button. Then when it restarted, it popped up that there was a problem, and it was shutting down to protect it. Then it stated that it would look for a solution...then that it will try to repair it....then stated my pc would not restart, that I could restore it to an earlier date when it was working. ! ! !

scpotamus
Herring
Herring
309 Posts

[Post New]by scpotamus on May 26, 13 4:21 PM
froze a few times on me but eventually continued, then at the end of the demo, kind of froze the computer.....now the computer is not working at all!!!! Severely slow (things that take 5 seconds to open or respond now taking 15 to 30 minutes!!!! I had to uninstall using safe mode...Uninstalled, no change, uninstalled game manager no change....can't even run antivirus....we are now looking at having to reinstall the complete Windows 7 operating system.!!!! I am VERY upset. And don't even ask for a Dr. Felix....I can't even get a browser to come up, much less download and run Dr. Felix. The computer was running fine until I downloaded and played this game!!! We have been working on trying to fix the computer ALL day!!! What the H**L was in this game???

Go to: