bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

Reviews for Chronicles of Albian 2: The Wizbury School of Magic

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on May 26, 13 12:35 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Chronicles of Albian 2: The Wizbury School of Magic? We’d love to hear all about it, as would many of the other fishies in our pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the Chronicles of Albian 2: The Wizbury School of Magic page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgBiwa

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

Re:Reviews for Chronicles of Albian 2: The Wizbury School of Magic

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on May 26, 13 12:35 AM
Hi Fishies,

I just wanted to add to the OP: This thread has been reserved for reviews only.

If you have any questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game) please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post as this can develop into a discussion that is not suitable to the review thread.

While the reviews in this thread are first and foremost helpful to other players, they also tell us and all who were involved in making this game, what you liked/disliked most, what you’d like to see more/less of in future games, etc. This can only help us in continuing to provide better games, which is what we all want!

We want to ensure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, so the Moderation Team will be proactively removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews) that pop up in this thread.

For any non-review related posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.

Thank you!

bfgBiwa

pixielily
Minnow
Minnow
291 Posts

[Post New]by pixielily on May 26, 13 2:48 AM
In this game:
Map that is used to jump to different spots

Hint Magic Ball: Shows you the area to go to and will also show you an items location if you click on the name

Mainly hidden object game with a twist. There are games within the HO scenes and objects you find are never the same.

Bonus items that you sell to upgrade the castle

The game is not easy the HOs are very well hidden.

There is a walkthrough and achievements

I found the game strangely addicting and will use a coupon on it.

There is a lot going on in this game other than finding HOs.

Do not know length yet, but IMO nice game

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on May 26, 13 3:54 AM
Morning, all...

There is just the 1 gameplay mode.

There is a choice of 3 custom or the system cursor.

There is voice-over.

There is no widescreen for my laptop (I know, some peeps get it, but I don't).

The HINT button is at the left. It only takes 15 seconds to refill.

Your Magic Wand, and the MAP, which will be active a short while into the game, are at the right.

The Map shows different images to which you can jump.

The main scenes themselves are the HOS (hidden object scenes). The objects that are described in green can be found in close-up scenes.

Sometimes there are puzzles to be solved in the HOS. What I like about these puzzles is that, instead of a SKIP button, you can choose to skip the game, but have to pay for it with gold coins. This is more of an incentive for me to try harder to solve the puzzle rather than just use the Skip button when it's filled.

In each scene you can find up to 6 gems, for which you will get gold coins.

There is a shop where you will be able to sell all the objects you have found in a HOS for gold. This happens automatically.

Once a scene is completed, an "Exit" sign will appear at the top. All that means is that you have found all the hidden objects, but there may still be other things you need to do (in close-up scenes).

With the gold you earn, you can upgrade the wizard school (think Gardenscapes).

--- --- ---

I didn't like the first "Chronicles of Albian" game at all, and never bought it. But this one is a refreshingly fun and entertaining sequel.

The dialogues are full of humour, gameplay reminds me very much of games like Gardenscapes, and although it's almost one HOS after another, they are full of all kinds of different things: puzzles, zoom-ins, finding gems, oh... and there are Bonus Goals (achievements).

Also, you get a whole bunch of wallpaper you can use right away with the demo.

Well, I am really liking this game, and I will definitely purchase it.

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on May 26, 13 4:58 AM
I lasted about 10 minutes with this demo; too much talking, didn't like the cartoony style of graphics, HOS items far too small and silly wand waving spells to perform.

Might be ok for a DD when I'm desperate for something to play but otherwise not even worth considering for me

moesart
Minnow
Minnow
242 Posts

[Post New]by moesart on May 26, 13 8:21 AM
I'm really liking this game. I'm a fan of soduko and world mosaic games so I was happy to see them even though they're a tad simple. There is a lot of dialogue but you can click thru it. Lots to do. Fun! I bought it.

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on May 26, 13 10:51 AM
Worth a coupon. I've had too many coupons expire, so I'll be a little less critical.

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on May 26, 13 11:34 AM
Morning pond pals! This is a very simple little game. Yes, the graphics are very old school and very cartoon like, but fairly clean. A lot of talking, which you can click through. HOGs are not hard, but do take some thought and searching for items. Games are not difficult either. Music is okay but gets a bit annoying after while, so I just turn it way down. Voice overs aren't bad, but some comments are a bit silly. Not a lot of instruction, but easy to figure out.

Very much like Gardenscapes and Antique Road Show. I enjoy this type of game, earning money to upgrade and buy things. Of course, it is all HOGs. This story line is a little different, which is nice. You have to find six jewels, which can be a little challenging. There is a little fairy to find in each scene, who will eliminate one of your find items. I save the fairy for last and use it if I can't find something.

This is one of those games that is relaxing. Nothing dark and gloomy (so far), and fun. A nice change of pace. I did enjoy this game and will use a credit to purchase. I think most all level of players will enjoy this one...especially if you liked Gardenscapes and Antique Road Show.

As always, try it for yourself and see what you think. We all have different tastes in games and you may not care for this one at all. Thanks for the reviews.

[Post New]by daisyduck352 on May 26, 13 12:42 PM
A game that reminds me of something I have played awhile ago and it just not changeling so didn't play entire trial. Might be a good DD but wouldn't buy it as there are many games out there that I like better. It does have map and hints for you. Puzzles are easy and guess I am not into Magic anymore..

Edited on 05/26/2013 at 12:42:44 PM PST

[Post New]by quarlesqueen on May 26, 13 9:00 PM
I didn't care for the first one in this series, but will definitely be buying this one, another game with magical abilities WOO HOO...magic wands, fairys, gems, oh my..lol!!
If this keeps up, BF is going to take me to the poor house ...but SO very happy with the AWESOME games, that are just my type, that have all come here at once, so no complaining about that .
I just LOVE all of the magical games, so I will be busy for a while with, Princess Isabella CE, Dark Parables CE, Love Chronicles CE, Rite of Passage CE ( can't play this one on my computer..ARHHH )...and now this cutie pie game

I feel like I've hit the jackpot, so this is one gaming fishie, that is REALLY a happy camper. ( Now if only I could win a POWERHOUSE gaming computer )..I would be on top of the world, HAPPY.
Well I better catch some ..I have a lot of new games to get started on tomorrow morning, happy gaming fishies, thanks for all of the great reviews on this little gem .

lym_1609
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
431 Posts

[Post New]by lym_1609 on May 27, 13 4:19 AM
Colourful graphics, 3d rendering scenery. its 90% HOS, and 10% inventory usage. Lots of repair upgrades to the castle to purchase

I usually dont quite like such pure HOS game, but for the scenery, graphics, items to buy, gems to collect, (hint also recharged decently for casual).

I will recommend using a stamp

DeAnna2112
Clownfish
Clownfish
675 Posts

[Post New]by DeAnna2112 on May 27, 13 5:34 AM
So far i have not experienced any problems with the game playing properly. I am about halfway through and really enjoying this game given it's fun and motivating. There is a sense of accomplishment when you find all the gems and solve all the puzzles and minigames and get rewarded with coins to fix up the school. Also like the way the ho scenes have alot going on with multiple things to be accomplished and not always done is one setting which keeps you on your toes. I thought the story and spells were very creative and charming and added to the gamplay. The click penalty was also a welcoming addition to deter from rapid clicking which takes away from the seek and find aspect of ho games.
HO scenes are well done and pleasing to the eye but no sure why that quality dropped in areas such as captions or the upgrade window. Seems like if your gonna put effort into creating good graphics for the ho scenes you would make it uniform throughout the game and go the whole mile. It's not a pleasant transition to go from good graphics to outdated style graphics. I thought the upgrade area had soo much more potential and it felt like it didn't get much focus from the devs like the HO scenes did...another unpleasant transition given the upgrade area was a core area of the game.

I think the devs certainly are going in the right direction with this game overall...but really missed the boat on the full potential this game had in some areas.

Demo download/install time: 1 minute
Full Version upgrade additional download/install time: 1.5 minutes
Browser: Explorer
PC-Window7/64
AMD Radeon HD 7570
Broadband internet
USA Customer (Indiana)

sandicats5
Clownfish
Clownfish
573 Posts

[Post New]by sandicats5 on Jun 1, 13 9:03 PM
Had a hard time at first with the upgrades, were pretty simple once I figured them out. I really liked this game was kind of fun, some things were hard to find but the fairy helped.

[Post New]by JustTheFacts on Jun 6, 13 3:52 AM
HOG Loaded With Fun Features, Sweet Kids’ Game

BASED ON ONE HOUR DEMO

Unlike many other fairy tale and magic games such as the Princess Isabella and the Awakening series, I don’t think this game is likely to appeal to the “kid” in us all. It’s just a little too twee for that. It really is for the youngsters – probably pre-teens.
But it’s a GREAT game for the RIGHT AUDIENCE. It’s got LOADS OF FUN THINGS TO DO:

• List of HIDDEN OBJECTS to find in every scene, CHANGED EACH TIME YOU RETURN.
• INTERACTIVE items where you may get a close up to find your items, or you may have to complete an easy puzzle.
• COLLECTIBLE gems, 6 in each scene.
• FAIRIES that when found find one item on your list for you.
• ACHIEVEMENTS, some of them MYSTERY ones.
• Sell your items to the local shop to GET COINS.
• BUY UPGRADES to improve the school.
• WALLPAPERS of each room, unlocked when you first visit.
• Use your MAP, SPELLBOOK, and MAGIC WAND to help you, as well as HINT.

You can also:

• CHOOSE one of three CUSTOM CURSORS.
• CORRECT for ASPECT RATIO.
• Use SLIDERS for VOICE, FX, MUSIC, AMBIENT.
• AUTO-ADVANCE the DIALOGUE.

There is a HUGE amount of DIALOGUE, at least at first, so this last is a big help.
I didn’t like the ‘cut and paste’ graphics, and found some things hard to see because they were small, but then I’m not 12 anymore.

I cannot adequately explain why I think this is strictly kids’ stuff; perhaps because the STORY and the way it is EXPRESSED is pretty simple. You arrive at the Wizbury School of Magic just in time to discover that all the gold meant for renovations has been stolen and you offer your help to collect money and rebuild.

To the younger crowd, I think you’ll love this!

qpr1
Clownfish
Clownfish
733 Posts

[Post New]by qpr1 on Jun 7, 13 8:05 AM
way too much yap, waving a magic wand etc etc too confusing

lisablue4369
Flounder
Flounder
2,105 Posts

[Post New]by lisablue4369 on Jun 25, 13 5:04 PM
this is a laid back and very fun game, we have tried this game and give it a 3 out of 5 .---------------doug & lisa-------------------

Go to: