redcathie
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

Dark Manor - New Free to Play from Big Fish

[Post New]by redcathie on May 26, 13 3:59 PM
Hi, I realize this will likely unsettle someone at BFG but I thought many would like to know that a new free to play called Dark Manor has been released buy BFG and is available on the iTunes App Store. Interesting mix of HOG and resource management with some nifty graphics.

Anyway - this new game could really use a forum!!!!! Not all things you can do are instantly intuitive and it would be nice to hear from and exchange finding with others.

Cheers

Re:Dark Manor - New Free to Play from Big Fish

[Post New]by Superfluff75 on May 26, 13 4:11 PM
I searched for Dark Manor in the App Store but didn't find anything.

redcathie
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by redcathie on May 26, 13 4:19 PM
Hmmmm, That's interesting. I'm Canadian and I know of at least one instance in the past when BFG piloted a game in Canada only. Where do you live?

[Post New]by Superfluff75 on May 26, 13 6:07 PM
I'm in the US. I hope they release it here too. I am looking for another similar game to play.

Winfrey3
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
467 Posts

[Post New]by Winfrey3 on May 26, 13 7:14 PM
I was curious so I searched for it. Got a message that it wasn't available in the U.S. store but was available in the Ireland store.

bfgBaikal
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on May 28, 13 3:44 AM
Hello there intrepid Fishies!

So....you busted us!

We have a system where we release some iOS games in Canada and Ireland only initially as this allows us to ensure the game is running smoothly for when it goes on widespread release.

There is typically just be few weeks between this' soft release' and the official one though so stay tuned. I imagine once the game goes live for all, we may see a Forum for it then.

Finally, I will pop this over to the Chit Chat Corner now so that we can keep the Found Forum free for game specific topics.

Hoping this info is helpful!

bfgBaikal

redcathie
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by redcathie on Jun 1, 13 5:22 AM
I just want to say - this game is a hit! I just hope world wide release doesn't bump me back to have to start over.

A bit of a warning - the game requires some patience but rewards and resources come fast and regularly and recharge on the game is really fast.

Cheers

[Post New]by Jenpower88 on Jun 1, 13 8:18 AM
I've been playing this game for a week or so, and have found that I bought a gazebo and a griffin and if I leave the game at all they get put in my inventory or move around. Also my juju this morning is at 4879,799,999, but when I check to go to the next level it is at -1675. I can summon my griffin to put me at 172, but then when I do anything it goes back. I had over 25000 juju and its gone. I find this very frustrating. Not sure what to do to make it go normal again?????

redcathie
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by redcathie on Jun 1, 13 2:23 PM
Well THAT doesn't sound good. I've been playing on my iPhone 5 for a week and I'm finding things to be very stable. To my knowledge I haven't lost anything and things seem to stay in place. I've acquired a number of walkers, put down a bit of path, bought some enigmas and attractions. I've also expanded space twice (I'm actually waiting for the second space to be ready to summon). I'm having a lot of fun shocking the scientist with the tesla coil (there must be something wrong with me )

Since it is a beta test maybe you should try reporting it to BFG tech support. I'm sure they would appreciate the feedback.

Cheers

redcathie
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by redcathie on Jun 1, 13 2:52 PM
Hi Jennpower88, I was just wondering. When you positioned the gazebo and griffin did you tap on the checkmark to actually place them? If you don't they go away when you leave the game (actually they are never really activated). Look above the items as you select them to place. You will see an "x" and "<->" and a checkmark. I haven't quite figured out what is going on with that "<->" thingy yet but the x puts the item back in inventory or into the shopping list and the checkmark places it.

Cheers

[Post New]by Jenpower88 on Jun 3, 13 6:28 PM
Yes I press the check mark. I have every single thing you can buy, except the stuff that requires gold. I have all the path walkers, but 2, and have opened 5 new areas. I can live with the gazebo and griffin doing what they're doing. It's the fact that I can't go any farther because my juju keeps going in the millions. I then am put in the minuses. I can get myself back up to 2000, but then if I leave or go to the other place to visit, or do a challenge, I'm right back in the millions with a minus in the juju. I need 35200 juju to open anything up, but once again I'm at -1095. I don't think I can go any further. It won't even open up time or alphabet challenges. I think this is the end of anything I can do, which makes me sad considering I've spent 2 weeks to open all I have

bfgDeveron
1,934 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Jun 7, 13 5:00 PM
Hey there Fishies,

I have good news! I just wanted to swim in and let you know that we now have a Forum for Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery. You can feel free to discuss the game and exchange ideas HERE.

I also wanted to mention that the game is still available in BETA, so isn't in wide release yet. We expect it to be available for everyone soon!

Happy gaming!

bfgDeveron

Edited on 06/07/2013 at 5:01:48 PM PST

[Post New]by dc_lach on Jun 26, 13 11:47 AM
I have been experiencing the declining Juju also. Everytime I play a hidden object puzzle, I come back to 500 less and have to keep summoning this one skeleton again. It too is keeping me from advancing in the game as some levels require more juju and mine is not accumulating. I emailed Bigfish and got a response but basically seems as though I will ever have to start over (so frustrating) or wait until the widespread release. otherwise very cool game, just wish I didn't have to stop playing.

Edited on 06/26/2013 at 11:48:39 AM PST

[Post New]by cadesmom on Jul 2, 13 2:53 PM
Hello all - quick question - how do you play the bonus rounds? Do you have to complete chapters first? Thank you!

bfgBaikal
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jul 3, 13 5:07 AM
dc_lach I wanted to let you know that those issues should now be addressed and I hope you notice the difference in the load times and connectivity.

For any issues that crop up with this game though, please feel free to reach out to Tech Support.

And great question cadesmom!

Those bonus rounds that you can see if you swipe left of the the Chapter 1 title page are unlocked after opening certain plots.

Once you open the plot with the greenhouse, you will open the corresponding scene, the same for opening the fairground plot and the Carnival of Fear scene.

Finally, as this game is now live and we have a forum for it, I will pop this thread over to the Dark Manor Forum to keep things tidy!

Hope this helps and happy gaming!

bfgBaikal

Edited on 07/03/2013 at 6:07:04 AM PST

[Post New]by missgts on Jul 3, 13 5:56 PM
Hi all - can someone please tell me how to score the alphabetical bonus in a scene? Thanks.

bfgBaikal
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jul 4, 13 1:25 AM
Sure thing missgts and welcome to the forums!

So the way it works is you need to find items in the suggested scene, in alphabetical order.

Start out with any items starting with a, then b, then c and so on. If you have a number of items starting with the same letter for example, then you need to use the second, third or forth letters to put them in order.

For example;

In the Gypsy Tshilaba scene if you were working alphabetically, you would find the snake before the submarine as the letter U, come after N in the alphabet.

Each time this quest appears, you will need to chain a certain number of items to compete it - each item you identify in the correct alphabetical order will add to the count but if you miss one or hit the wrong item, the count returns to zero and you have to start the chain over.

I hope this helps explain things a bit better, it is difficult at times but it is really fun and rewarding when you get it right!

Finally, just to let you know that completing scenes in this way seriously increases your end score as you get a bonus for it so I always try to find items in alphabetical order whether I am asked to or not, as long as I am not playing a blitz mode of course!

Happy gaming!

bfgBaikal

[Post New]by Csager78 on Jul 8, 13 7:46 PM
Can someone tell me how to get the telsa coil to work with the walkers? I have path and walkers placed next to it.

bfgBaikal
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jul 9, 13 3:36 AM
Hi Csager78

Happy to help!

So with the Tesla Coil, once you charge it you will see a marker on the orange path flash on and off repeatedly. Once a walker passes over this, this will activate the device and you see receive an energy, silver or JuJu bonus thereafter. Please note that sometimes, I have received nothing at all, so it is all down to chance as to what you get, if anything.

In terms of where to place this item, it should be fine wherever but if you find it is taking a long time for a walker to reach it once it is 'charged', it might be an idea to watch your walkers and find a commonly tread path to place it on.

Finally, in case it helps, I find you have more success if you supplant this item into your paths; do not build a path beside it, make the orange section the path so it fits in better with route.

Hope this helps!

bfgBaikal

Frogmort
Manatee
Manatee
3,812 Posts

[Post New]by Frogmort on Jul 9, 13 3:43 AM
bfgBaikal wrote:Hi Csager78

Happy to help!

So with the Tesla Coil<snip>...
...Finally, in case it helps, I find you have more success if you supplant this item into your paths; do not build a path beside it, make the orange section the path so it fits in better with route.

Hope this helps!

bfgBaikal

Great tip bfgBaikal, thanks!!!

Go to: