bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

***OLD TECH THREAD** Post any The Veil of Mystery: Seven Little Gnomes technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on May 27, 13 12:34 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Edited on 06/01/2013 at 2:12:19 AM PST

crispypot
Minnow
Minnow
272 Posts

Re:Post any The Veil of Mystery: Seven Little Gnomes technical issues here only

[Post New]by crispypot on May 27, 13 2:33 AM
once again another game that has crashed my computer, got blue screen so i deleted it !!!! wont be reinstalling either

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on May 27, 13 2:53 AM
Heya crispypot,

I'm really sorry to hear that the game crashes on your computer like this!

As it sounds that this has happened before it might definitely be worth checking if some of the software on your computer is in need of an update. For this, please try the steps that you can find in our help article here.

If this doesn’t help, our Technical Support will be more than happy to have a further look at this with you so you can enjoy your game again! To get help faster it would be a great help if you could include a Dr. Felix report. You can contact them 24/7 by clicking on the green envelope at the top-right of this page. On the next page you can find the Contact Us link on the bottom-left.

If you are a member of our Big Fish Game Club you can contact us without waiting through our Live-Chat, which is open for you Monday – Friday from 7:30 am – 4:30 pm PST.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

QUZEMOTO
Guppy
Guppy
160 Posts

[Post New]by QUZEMOTO on May 27, 13 2:53 AM
i found a morphing object and then my cursor disappeared and i thought i heard a grandfather clock going off and it was part of the game. then i realized it was the game crashing. i was behind the door of the numbers and fish game. i clicked on the vase on the nightstand and my cursor disappeared and the morphing box came out and then my cursor was gone. then it was released but all it would do was be visible on the vase. as i moved it around the screen it disappeared. i had to hit alt delete several times to get it out of there. it's a cute game. i thought about buying it but now i don't know.

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on May 27, 13 3:02 AM
Heya QUZEMOTO,

That sure sounds like a bit of an odd crash you are experiencing there!

It does sound like a part of the game isn't working as it should so in this case you could try uninstalling and reinstalling your game to see if this will straighten out the damaged parts! Should the crash appear again it might also be good to make sure that your computer is up-to-date with the steps that you can find here.

If the problems persist, please get in touch with our Tech Support Team by clicking on the green envelope. They'll be more than happy to have a look at that for you!

Best of luck!

bfgBiwa

ruthb1146
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by ruthb1146 on May 27, 13 6:54 AM
GOT INTO THE LOCKED BEDROOM AND PICKED UP THE ROPE AND THE GAME FROZE AND MY COMPUTER LOCKED UP. PLEASE FIX THE GAME.

MissB59
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by MissB59 on May 27, 13 7:07 AM
Got to the same part as the others. Had to use task manager to close it .. Not impressed enough to bother re-installing..

CoolGrammy1
Minnow
Minnow
257 Posts

[Post New]by CoolGrammy1 on May 27, 13 7:44 AM
The game froze on me in the bathroom after I cleaned the toilet tank. It went to a black screen but I was able to get to other diary pages but it would not close and I have to use task manager to get out. I was just really enjoying the game but this made it a no go for purchase today......

[Post New]by kellydammit on May 27, 13 7:47 AM
Ditto

[Post New]by mom4games on May 27, 13 8:53 AM
Ditto

MrsSkippy
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,388 Posts

[Post New]by MrsSkippy on May 27, 13 9:52 AM
Restarted the game a couple of times, and now I can't get the front door key, don't have a list for the front porch H/O. Uninstalled and re installed and same thing.
Will try with a different profile, and hopefully it will work

ETA: The different profile worked

Edited on 05/27/2013 at 10:23:35 AM PST

LadyBlue0321
Minnow
Minnow
217 Posts

[Post New]by LadyBlue0321 on May 27, 13 10:43 AM
Same for me after the toilet tank scene. Note goes to the diary, diary opens on page 9 (a black page). After that, am unable to close diary or access the menu. Had to use task manager to close down the game. I restarted and play resumed ok, until the next time I opened the diary to the same black page and the the game sticks there. Not buying this game until that glitch is fixed.

MrsSkippy
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,388 Posts

[Post New]by MrsSkippy on May 27, 13 11:38 AM
Ok after changing my profile game worked ok. Until I got to the garden to get rid of the bees. Game froze, had to Ctrl, Alt, delete. Then waited a minute or two, went back to play it and it took me all the way back to the begining .

Edited to say: I got into the garden ok the game froze when I got to the match three mini-game.

Twice now.

It has yet again brought me back to the begining, without the house key in inventory

Edited on 05/27/2013 at 12:24:20 PM PST

drankin
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by drankin on May 27, 13 12:02 PM
Early in the game, the hint button directs me to open a HOG in the living room, but there is no such space. No sparkles, nothing to click. The hint directs me to just left of the chair. I've tried moving to other rooms and returning, but still nothing.

Edited on 05/27/2013 at 12:02:44 PM PST

kgustavson
Clownfish
Clownfish
630 Posts

[Post New]by kgustavson on May 27, 13 12:18 PM
LadyBlue0321 wrote:Same for me after the toilet tank scene. Note goes to the diary, diary opens on page 9 (a black page). After that, am unable to close diary or access the menu. Had to use task manager to close down the game. I restarted and play resumed ok, until the next time I opened the diary to the same black page and the the game sticks there. Not buying this game until that glitch is fixed.

Same for me.

[Post New]by mavisfearn1 on May 27, 13 2:57 PM
same as everybody else blank diary page and have to use task master to get out not good

[Post New]by OldLady12 on May 27, 13 4:27 PM
3 times now when clicking on a scene within the game, the game ended (3 different scenes). My computer didn't freeze, as others have stated, but it took me back to my computer desk top. No error message was received.
The game manager came up with the "play again" screen.
I clicked play again and the game (all 3 times) took me to the beginning as if I had never played the game before, although my profile was there.
I am uninstalling the game and will try again.

Even though I am using windows XP operating system, all direct X and other components are up to date. I checked prior to posting on this thread.

I thought this game to be interesting and even though the reviews weren't so hot, I purchased anyway. Frustrating to say the least, since there were no problems in the playing the demo, but the problems seemed to pop up after spending the money to purchase.

tibggamp
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by tibggamp on May 27, 13 4:41 PM
Having same problem as "Drankin" being directed to a hidden object scence in the living room. There is no hidden object scene. I've uninstalled, re-installed, changed my profile. Now I'm stumped as to what to do next.

tibggamp
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by tibggamp on May 27, 13 4:58 PM
Finally got to play the hidden object scence in the living room. I had to leave the room several times and then it finally sparkled.

leilanibz
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

A lot of bugginess in this game

[Post New]by leilanibz on May 27, 13 8:27 PM
1. Arrows in living room do not line up correctly, right and down take to same place. When you use both sets, the game hangs and you have to use task manager to exit.
2. When playing demo, hook in restroom does not appear. I purchased game after demo finished and never got hook. I had to restart game after purchase.
3. In carriage scene, I entered carriage and took metal clips. When I re-entered to recheck the scene and clicked on case again, I got a 'this might be helpful' pop up but nothing was in it. There is no way to exit the scene. You have to use task manager to kill the program and restart.

Go to: