Developer Corner

afan_o
Guppy
Guppy
128 Posts

Developer Corner

[Post New]by afan_o on May 28, 13 1:58 PM
Hi , I am developer of The Veil Of Mystery . First I want to thank everyone for playing our game, we are really excited to see that there is such a significant interest in our game. We are in same time sorry for all issues and glitches our game have and we will work hard to resolve them as fast as possible. Our goal was to make great new experience and make you happy ! We didn't in many cases but still we are proud to see that a lot of you recognized our energy and all that effort that we put into this game in the last two and half years.
We are small young studio and 99 percent of our game was developed by two people, me and my dear wife. And of course special thanks to our dear son which was our inspiration in the most difficult times.

This was a great experience for us and we are here with you , and we really want to hear you and to learn from you to make better games.

Thank you again , we are proud to be with this wonderful community !

Best,

Gigant Games

Edited on 05/29/2013 at 2:31:48 AM PST

shian1
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

Re:Developer Corner

[Post New]by shian1 on May 28, 13 2:44 PM
Hello, I have opened the cellar door but can't go down as the paddlock does not allow me too. there is nothing else to do.

afan_o
Guppy
Guppy
128 Posts

[Post New]by afan_o on May 28, 13 2:59 PM
Hi shian1,

I didn't quite understand but I will try to help you step by step.

1. open cellar door - use claw hammer
2. it is dark so you can't progress
3. open fuse box near cellar door
4. finish HOS in front on left side behind cellar door and fuse box
5 put in two fuses and fix the wire in fuse box , that will turn on lights
6 progress to cellar

cheers !

sportygal2009
Salmon
Salmon
2,503 Posts

[Post New]by sportygal2009 on May 28, 13 3:13 PM
Hello afan_o!

Wow I must say this game is nothing like I thought it would be meaning I didn't expect it to be on the creepy and eerie side and I mean this in a great way as I love these type of games. I was drawn into the game immediately especially by the voice overs.

I am however having an issue with the game outside of the house where there is the cellar with the fuse box well just a little past that there is a little building and it says there is a hidden object scene there cause I had to use the hint as I got hung up on where to go/do next but anyway I can't get the hidden object scene. I have uninstalled the game and I have reinstalled it so hopefully once it downloads this will fix the issue as I am really enjoying this game and would love to finish it.

Well I think you're doing a pretty good job especially considering your a small young studio as you said.

Edited on 05/28/2013 at 3:15:02 PM PST

afan_o
Guppy
Guppy
128 Posts

[Post New]by afan_o on May 28, 13 3:25 PM
Hi sportygal2009,

It is really great to see that you like the game. Thank you so much for your kind words.

Yes, there is a HOS in front of that little building behind the cellar. That HOS will become active once you put the rope and remove bag from cellar door. Use claw hammer to open cellar door. Once you finished those tasks , HOS should be active.

cheers!

sportygal2009
Salmon
Salmon
2,503 Posts

[Post New]by sportygal2009 on May 28, 13 3:33 PM
afan_o wrote:Hi sportygal2009,

It is really great to see that you like the game. Thank you so much for your kind words.

Yes, there is a HOS in front of that little building behind the cellar. That HOS will become active once you put the rope and remove bag from cellar door. Use claw hammer to open cellar door. Once you finished those tasks , HOS should be active.

cheers!

Yes I've already done all that as I've even been down the cellar but the hint is still directing me to that little building just past the cellar and fuse box. I'm also not talking about going down the path like to the boat for example this is still in the same scene where that cellar and fuse box is located.

afan_o
Guppy
Guppy
128 Posts

[Post New]by afan_o on May 28, 13 3:45 PM
Hi sportygal2009,

Ooo I miss . Just help me understand where you are and what do you already finished , what do you have in inventory and we will solve that problem

Did you find gnome behind the map in the cellar ?

sportygal2009
Salmon
Salmon
2,503 Posts

[Post New]by sportygal2009 on May 28, 13 3:51 PM
afan_o wrote:Hi sportygal2009,

Ooo I miss . Just help me understand where you are and what do you already finished , what do you have in inventory and we will solve that problem

Did you find gnome behind the map in the cellar ?

Lets see I have a: claw hammer, acid, metal dectector, crowbar, cipher wheel large, cipher wheel small. Yes and I found the gnome behind the map.

afan_o
Guppy
Guppy
128 Posts

[Post New]by afan_o on May 28, 13 4:03 PM
Ok well done!

There is shovel in cellar still near the typewriter . And then forget the HOS behind the cellar for now and progress straight to the lake , then go to the right there is a coat , big stone ... search all those scenes there is a lot of items there ...

I will be here ,

cheers !

Edited on 05/28/2013 at 4:04:12 PM PST

sportygal2009
Salmon
Salmon
2,503 Posts

[Post New]by sportygal2009 on May 28, 13 4:09 PM
afan_o wrote:Ok well done!

There is shovel in cellar still near the typewriter . And then forget the HOS behind the cellar for now and progress straight to the lake , then go to the right there is a coat , big stone ... search all those scenes there is a lot of items there ...

I will be here ,

cheers !

Oh I already got the shovel awhile back and used it. I did this as well before I got stuck here! lol

Edited on 05/28/2013 at 4:10:04 PM PST

sportygal2009
Salmon
Salmon
2,503 Posts

[Post New]by sportygal2009 on May 28, 13 4:12 PM
I've tried uninstall/reinstalling the game and well no matter where I go in the game I can't use the inventory I have. When I use the hint it will only direct me to this little building so am I going to have to start the game over under a different profile?

Edited on 05/28/2013 at 4:12:31 PM PST

afan_o
Guppy
Guppy
128 Posts

[Post New]by afan_o on May 28, 13 4:13 PM
Hi,

did you found shovel already ? If not take shovel progress to lake scene go to the right to big stone . Zoom in stone and use shovel . Then you have to finish HOS in front of the house , (remember the first HOS second time ) and you will get sickle. Go again to the big stone cut the grass . With grass you can go to cellar again to take bee smoker .... etc

Edited on 05/28/2013 at 4:14:57 PM PST

sportygal2009
Salmon
Salmon
2,503 Posts

[Post New]by sportygal2009 on May 28, 13 4:18 PM
afan_o wrote:Hi,

did you found shovel already ? If not take shovel progress to lake scene go to the right to big stone . Zoom in stone and use shovel . Then you have to finish HOS in front of the house , (remember the first HOS second time ) and you will get sickle. Go again to the big stone cut the grass . With grass you can go to cellar again to take bee smoker .... etc

Yep I've already done this as well! I've also fixed the boat and have the oar but still can't take it anywhere. There's also a bag hanging on a pole in one scene and nothing in the inventory works for that.

afan_o
Guppy
Guppy
128 Posts

[Post New]by afan_o on May 28, 13 4:25 PM
Oooo you are doing great !

Put the oar on the boat and then progress over the lake !
There you will find some items , graveyard ...

cheears!

sportygal2009
Salmon
Salmon
2,503 Posts

[Post New]by sportygal2009 on May 28, 13 4:32 PM
afan_o wrote:Oooo you are doing great !

Put the oar on the boat and then progress over the lake !
There you will find some items , graveyard ...

cheears!

Yep I've done this and have tried to use the boat but I keep getting a message if I repair the hole in the boat. Well I've already repaired the hole in the boat and have the oar but it won't let me go forward for some reason to go to the graveyard and then like I said when I use the hint well I get directed back to the little building to do a hidden object scene.

Edited on 05/28/2013 at 4:33:44 PM PST

afan_o
Guppy
Guppy
128 Posts

[Post New]by afan_o on May 28, 13 4:49 PM
Hi,

Sorry , but I just want to be sure . Repairing boat process:

put the tar tape
use the torch to melt the tar tape
put the oar on the boat

Did you finish part with bee smoker , and bomb puzzle (stairs in the garden with fish pond)

sportygal2009
Salmon
Salmon
2,503 Posts

[Post New]by sportygal2009 on May 28, 13 6:01 PM
afan_o wrote:Hi,

Sorry , but I just want to be sure . Repairing boat process:

put the tar tape
use the torch to melt the tar tape
put the oar on the boat

Did you finish part with bee smoker , and bomb puzzle (stairs in the garden with fish pond)

I did everything except for the torch (can't find one and not in inventory) to melt the tar tape but as I said it wouldn't let me use them items I told you earlier I had and when I used the hint it would just take me back to that building to the hidden object scene as I've went to different areas in the game so... I have just started a new game. So far so good and I'll let you know how it goes. I do thank you for trying to help though. While I did have some issues with this game I just want you to know that I still think you've done a very good job overall.

ETA: Well starting a new game solved the problem as now I was able to do that hidden object scene as it has to be done more than once just like others in the game. I was able to get the torch and now off to the graveyard!

Another ETA: Just to let you know that I have finished the game and quite enjoyed it. Thank you so much for trying to help me. Much appreciated.

Edited on 05/28/2013 at 9:16:16 PM PST

[Post New]by sassycborn on May 28, 13 7:23 PM
How to break the wall in the cellar and pull the nails from the back of the picture. The battery takes forever to charge. Non of the items in inventory are of any use. Acid, key and shovel. What next? Love this game and would like to finis it.

judithannegg
Guppy
Guppy
180 Posts

[Post New]by judithannegg on May 28, 13 7:34 PM
HELP! Have claw hammer, acid, and metal detector coil. Have been over every scene many times and can't find anything new or find any use for inventory! I absolutely love this game! Been using my brain! On hardest level, so no hints.

phatkhat
Stingray
Stingray
5,001 Posts

[Post New]by phatkhat on May 29, 13 12:21 AM
Kudos to you, Afan, et al! Great game! (Especially as a new Dev!) I think that this may be the most underrated game of the year. I played half an hour and had to buy! Can't understand why so many bad reviews. I find it quirky and creepy, fun and with a storyline I can't put down!

Frankly, I am kind of tired of the "cookie cutter" games put out by many of the "big name" developers, and this one is different! Yay! No missing relatives, no saving the world from evil witches/warlocks/monsters. Just a story about humans and their own demons, like greed. I also like that it isn't obvious where the story is going. I've just gotten to the boat, and I have no idea what is going to happen.

Is it perfect? No, but then, different people have different tastes. It has a few more HOS than I like - okay, one is too many for me, LOL. It's also a little too linear. But I understand that with limited staff and resources, there are limits to what you can do. Hopefully the commercial success of this game will open opportunities to grow your studio and come up with more like it!

Thank you Afan, and thank you BFG, for bringing us this great game!

Go to: