bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Reviews for Reveries: Sisterly Love Collector's Edition

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on May 30, 13 12:35 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Reveries: Sisterly Love Collector's Edition ? We’d love to hear all about it, as would many of the other fishies in our pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the Reveries: Sisterly Love Collector's Edition page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgBaikal

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Re:Reviews for Reveries: Sisterly Love Collector's Edition

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on May 30, 13 12:35 AM
Hi Fishies,

I just wanted to add to the OP: This thread has been reserved for reviews only.

If you have any questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game) please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post as this can develop into a discussion that is not suitable to the review thread.

While the reviews in this thread are first and foremost helpful to other players, they also tell us and all who were involved in making this game, what you liked/disliked most, what you’d like to see more/less of in future games, etc. This can only help us in continuing to provide better games, which is what we all want!

We want to ensure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, so the Moderation Team will be proactively removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews) that pop up in this thread.

For any non-review related posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.

Thank you!

bfgBaikal

sassylassie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

[Post New]by sassylassie on May 30, 13 12:43 AM
I enjoyed playing the beta version of this one. This to me is an over 10 game. Kudos to the team for a job well done. Don't need to mention where the hint button, strategy guide, map or journal are located. There in the same place in almost every CE.

Story: You are in your bed terminally ill with Lukemia and your twin sister is there with you. She is wishing that you weren't dying when a old hag of witch appears and wants to talk to your sister. Your sister goes to her and she tells your sister that she can cure your sister for your youth and soul. The sister agrees to it, and the old hag disappears with your sister. Well you get that burst of energy and off you go looking for your sister. Along the way you meet a drop dead gorgeous prince who wants to help until he gets into a bind himself. There is going to be one busy Missy.

Mini Games: I found them really fun. Not too challenging or easy just right.

Graphics: Absolutely gorgeous. Their art team did it again!

Hint system: Works in and out of H0GS.

Music: Fits the game perfectly. Really nice to listen to.

Map: Jump map. The best kind

All in all Kudos to the Bunny team as they did a wonderful job with this game. I truly look forward to the full version. Thanks Bunny!

nomatt
Herring
Herring
377 Posts

[Post New]by nomatt on May 30, 13 12:57 AM
It's an ERS game. They are very good games but they are all the same, they just keep churning them out. Maybe as a SE.

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on May 30, 13 1:32 AM
Played nearly the whole demo, casual

- 3 modes, casual, advanced, hard, you can swap from one to another while playing

- ERS game

- Voice overs

- Integrated SG, bottom left of your screen which only shows 2 chapters in the sample

- Diary bottom left of your Screen

- Interactive map, included in the diary, it's sometimes better not to use it straight away to change places as you can miss an action... (for me, missed the wolf cub)

- Shortly after playing, you get an amulet with the 4 elements, you get them as you meet people in the game, you find it bottom left of your screen

- Through out the game you find fortune cookies (which in fact are nuts), you get a casket for them, bottom right of your screen

- You get different achievements for performing actions, they can be seen top left of your screen

- Hint is a ballerina which you get shortly after starting the game, it's useful outside H0. refills quickly casual

- H0, you have to find related pairs, or silhouettes, you then have to put the item back into the scene

- Min games not over difficult up to what I played

- There are animals all over the place, some of them go in your inventory and help you in tricky situations

- Skip button fills quickly casual

- Good graphics

-- Extras : Wallpapers, concept art, screen saver, H0, mini games, movies, music, calendar

Your twin sister is very ill, to save her, you give your soul to an evil witch, Your sister then follows the witch through a mirror to try and rescue you. Lots of animals, a rather sugary Prince, a very funny dwarf (he saved the game for me !). I played the beta a while ago and wasn't over thrilled, that's why I played nearly the whole demo to give the game a fair chance. I'm still not too keen.....

Edited on 05/30/2013 at 1:35:35 AM PST

gmac1007
Clownfish
Clownfish
569 Posts

[Post New]by gmac1007 on May 30, 13 1:54 AM
Good morning everyone Shut the front door and what a good morning indeed. Finally the long drawn out wondering when is it coming, when will it be here, when can we play Reveries : Sisterly Love wait is OVER ! Can I get an AMEN ! Well worth the wait and now it is mine I tell you all mine ! Happy 50th game ERS and THANK YOU ! What a game ERS has delivered today ! Absolutely gorgeous with breath taking graphics, great story and a very touching story of two sisters and how deep sisterly bond and sisterly love can be, great puzzles and mini games, cool hos very cool and very interactive, a cast of adorable characters, great music, it's just a playground full of eye candy and whimsical magic around every single corner, oh yeah and the prince ain't to shabby either !

This game is simply awesome it's full of everything you could ever want in a game, collectibles which are golden nuts, achievements, jump map, gorgeous graphics with bright vibrant colors and a cute ballerina for a hint button that works outside the hos and some very cool extras all in all this game is the total package. You set out on an adventure to save your sister from the wicked and evil witch as you climb through the mirror your adventure begins and along the way you just happen to cross paths with some very interesting characters and you are greeted by one hottie of a prince !

This game is full of magic, whimsical creatures, a wicked witch who will stop at nothing to stop you and trust me she is a witch with one nasty attitude she makes the wicked witch in Wizard of Oz look like Glenda the good witch of the North I'm not kidding although I'm not sure if she has flying monkey's but with an attitude like that nothing she has or does will surprise me. This game will deliver endless fun and adventure and who knows maybe even true love just saying. Give the demo a try it's so very worth it just to see the sheer beauty and passion that has went into the creation of this fantabulous game ! Thank you ERS you totally ROCK you are the master and thank you big fish for giving me yet another reason to skip out on my domestic goddess duties for another day ! Have fun everybody !

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

[Post New]by shorenuf on May 30, 13 1:58 AM
This is ERS 50th game. No, I didn't count them; the splash screen is celebrating the event.

The game play:
widescreen
voice overs
graphics in the ERS style
collectibles -- easy to find, no idea what they are for
mix of HO styles
More tasks than puzzles
Puzzles fit the story, mechanics are familiar
Achievements
Fast travel map accessible from the diary, indicates completed areas, objectives
Magic Amulet
3 modes of play -- hardest has no black bar hints

CE content:
Strategy guide -- 6 chapters
Bonus chapter
All the usual fluff including a 2013 12 month calendar

The story:
Your sister has been sick and bedridden for 3 years. You wish you could do anything to make her well. A witch appears to grant your wish, turns you to an old lady and wisks you through her magic mirror. Your sister gets well immediately and enters the mirror to save you. She has walked into a fantasy land filled with cute animals, a friendly troll, a talking tree, lovely surroundings except for the bad things the witch has done. You meet a handsome, helpful prince who gives you an amulet to help you against the witch's evils.

In the demo hour there were many tasks-- a quick player will get well into Chapter 2. I dare say I was rather enjoying the game.

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on May 30, 13 3:00 AM
Well, ERS has trumpeted and ballyhooed the arrival of this 50th game for a while now, even to the point of a compliment-fishing thread in the CCC. I'll give them credit for at least not repeating any of their other series. So let's see what this one offers, although I can see they have changed nothing from the beta version I played. (Seems to me they use betas for advertising more than anything else, since so many people get them.)

-The story is their attempt at a fairy tale, I suppose, and involves going to a magical land to save your sister who is being held by a witch. The witch is very poorly voiced by someone speaking very slowly and trying to sound very wicked, but, alas, is just boring and way over the top. Whatever happened to getting professional actors for the voiceovers, which, collectively in this game, are grating to listen to?
-The cut scenes are, very surprisingly, quite poor and look very dated.
-The graphics, well, they did it again ---- just ok with some color, but they are not great by any means ---- not to be confused with the bright, colorful, crystal clear graphics we see in games from the major devs. I don't understand what has happened to their graphics in some games ---- they are capable of much better.
-Something else they did again ---- they used the same scene for a second HO search. For a CE, that's not acceptable.
-The mini games are quite simple.
-There are entirely too many breakdowns in logic which I won't reveal so as to not give anything away, but you'll see them when you play.
-The CE package contains the usual stuff I have no interest in whatsoever.

So, overall, it is just a very typical ERS game, with lots of running back and forth, overly cute storyline complete with precious and adorable critters, churned out from the same old storylines they have used over and over again with nothing new standing out at all. It seems that ERS is gravitating toward the "cute and precious" way too much, and these type games get boring way too quickly, and totally lack challenge and/or interest. So I give it 5 out of 10 ---- not CE material here, at all. ERS has had some excellent games in days gone by, but this isn't one of them ---- which is too bad for their 50th game. But, then, this is their,what, 6th or 7th game this year already, and the quantity has rapidly overtaken the quality.
Oh, and they have promised "singing" later on in the game. Fortunately, I didn't get to that part.

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on May 30, 13 4:08 AM
Yet another game from ERS; if, as cbtx pointed out, this is their 6th or 7th release this year then it's time they slowed down and concentrated on making something really new and actually challenging. Unfortunately this game is neither.

The graphics are alright; not especially gorgeous and certainly not breath-taking. I've seen better. Even more cute helpers than usual, although two of them disappeared during the demo and at least I didn't have to give them names or dress them up.

The story was reasonably believable at the start; your sister giving up her youth and soul to save your life is certainly a noble undertaking. To be honest I tuned out of the story quite early on, so it may not continue to be as believable. But then it is a fairytale, so maybe that doesn't matter.

The HOS I found were all 'find two things that work together'. Hopefully there is a variety and they aren't all like that. I only found one puzzle which wasn't overly easy. I played on advanced mode and there were no sparkles anywhere. And the w/s presentation is certainly a huge improvement.

But it's just another ERS game; overly familiar and not really very interesting or challenging. Of course it will get the usual gushing reviews but for me there's nothing here that warrants the CE price. I will use a PCC on the SE.

ETA: And when I say the game is not challenging, I'm not referring to the puzzles. I mean the game itself. I love a good HOPA but not one that is so familiar that it feels like I've played it a hundred times before (or perhaps in the case of ERS, 49 times before this game).

Edited on 05/30/2013 at 7:50:42 AM PST

[Post New]by kris_cross48 on May 30, 13 6:23 AM
wow ERS, your work is being decribed as "just another ERS game"..that should kinda give you a hint.
We know that you have depth of talent in your stable of throughbred artists and developers..we've seen the work created by these talented hands. So, unless those folks have left you, I expect that gamers expect your level of game creation to only increase..not lay on the heels of past success.
Your graphic artists are awesome, although I think the colouring is what is bothering some folks. It is said that americans like bright simplistic colours while Europe like more complex greys, browns in their palate...anyway so says the colour printer developer I'm married to...I can't agree with that marketing decision, but I see it in your colour palate..which I think bothers a lot of us and looks cartoony and childish. Let your artists really get it right, not easy.
The gameplay of evil witch, yadda yadda..suck out your soul is REALLY getting old. I'm not saying this just to ERS but to all the developers.
Interactive inside interactive is pretty awesome....check out the latest parable game. wow.
So, as much as I like your game, I'd like you..we'd like you to step up to the lead again.kris

Edited on 05/30/2013 at 6:24:22 AM PST

Imberis
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,263 Posts

[Post New]by Imberis on May 30, 13 7:24 AM
I agree with the others that say it's the same old ERS stuff.

Yes, it's a new series. Yes, it's bright and colorful. Yes, there are achievements and collectibles. The achievements are way too easy and the collectibles are basically right in your face.

The voice acting is awful. The evil witch kidnapping a loved one story has been seen a million times.

The puzzles are still typical ERS seen it, done it before puzzles.

You have to play all of the H0 scenes twice, which I do not like. It feels like a way to cut corners and not have to make extra scene artwork.

The artwork is almost too bright and colorful to the point where it's obnoxious. Some scenes are pretty, but then others are way, way overdone.

Edited to add: ERS keeps saying this game is "revolutionary" and "different," but it's just not. For a hidden object adventure game to be "revolutionary," I expect a whole lot more. I was really looking forward to this game after hearing all of the hype, but I'll pass on the CE.

Edited on 05/30/2013 at 7:31:04 AM PST

[Post New]by IamaGameJunkie on May 30, 13 7:29 AM
To ERS: Please don't make this another never ending series. Max a Trilogy A 2nd is coming.
Completed Game Review:
Fairytale (aka 'cutsey' to some = easy) & Fantasy themed games are my favorite & this is a fairytale. The sister's illness hasn't been in any game I played (over 400 from )..made me a bit sad & not appropriate in a fairytale. (Only negative for this game). ERS could've used their imaginations to invent a 'fake' illness. Ambiance, VO's, story, special effects, cutscenes & artwork are CE worthy (sharp graphics, no lag time, fast cursor). The Prince took my mind off 'my sister's illness' briefly, although he said "(pause) ahem..just before his last sentence" What?! was that about? LOL am I too old/young, overweight, underweight not tall/short enough, etc for him?!...hope he returns sooner than later, so I can get an explanation & phone #.

Mini-games/puzzles aren't always easy/fun for me, so I'm thankful for ERS. I used the SG to solve 2 midway, the H0S are mini puzzles in themselves & they aren't like the first 2 (playing same scene 2X) in the demo.This is a long game. Look at the map! There are alot of random IHOG objects along the way. Don't want to say too much, because each scene is a beautiful surprise & there are many creative H0S.

Played on medium level for this review. I spent approx 15 minutes in each of the first two H0S/mini-games. I rarely use hints & only when it's the last object & I'm bored to death. There are alot of colorful sparkling stones, flowers, gems, bugs....heck there are sparkles all over the place but none for active zones in med level. Overall, a fun colorful game!

To ERS, other devs & fishies re: mini-games/puzzles.
Usually the same people give negative HOG reviews because..well, it's a HOG w. H0S & the puzzles might be on the easier side. Most of these players are Adventure gamers. The solution? Put challenging mini-games/puzzles in Adventure games b/c they're more difficult by nature. IHOG's are easier, so mini games should be at the same level. Everyone has an opinion...I'm offering a solution. Why should I & others who pay $$$ for games have to skip alot of puzzles in an IHOG/IFROG & miss out on the fun of playing a CE in it's entirety? I know what a skip button is for & using a strategy guide occasionally is OK. I play games for fun...not to read half the SG. Ed. complete

Edited on 06/01/2013 at 11:23:06 AM PST

[Post New]by putter1956 on May 30, 13 7:59 AM
It is an ERS game--enough said--great 50th game--Thank you ERS and hope for 50 more

sartasia
Stingray
Stingray
4,581 Posts

[Post New]by sartasia on May 30, 13 8:32 AM
Well once again in this thread I swim against the tide. I beta'd this and enjoyed it. Actually have been waiting for it's release. No need for demo. It's a buy for me.

Happy 50th game ERS!!

...off to play on this rainy day...

As always
Try before you Buy
Happy Gaming

midori2
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by midori2 on May 30, 13 8:33 AM
Gave it a whirl - did the trial and not surprisingly, it was the same old, same old ERS style game, only difference being the title. Was expecting so much more because of the hype! I'm a quality girl, not a quantity girl. It seems like ERS isn't even trying any more, just pushing to get as many games out as they can. Sad. What happened to all of the bright developers when I joined BF a few years back? Now it's pretty much ERS and not much else. Few more months of this and I may have to cancel my membership.

emmyjayne
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,375 Posts

[Post New]by emmyjayne on May 30, 13 9:29 AM
Completely agree with cbtx's review. Just another formula game from ERS that continues to imply that their business strategy is quantity over quality.

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on May 30, 13 1:07 PM
I'm a huge ERS fan! So for me...this game has lived up to everything and more ERS promised! The animations are incredible!! Be sure to really look at all of the details...if you move to fast you might miss the great animations.

Everyone has done an excellent job in their reviews and listing all of the details...so I'll just give my rating and say...I Love this game!! Congratulations ERS on doing such a wounderful job! I see the improvements and I'm even a bigger fan now!

Be sure to check this winner out!

I rate this game: "Fine Swine"

My "Terms" for Hogs,IHogs,Frogs & Adventure games.

FINE SWINE:
Great game with the best graphics and story. Bells and whistles, best, greatest, I love it.

PIGLET:
Good game. I like it! Hog, Frog ,Ihog, Adventure. For true lover's of these types of games

PORK BELLY:
Maybe a likable game for some, but not for everyone. It’s just mediocre.

TROTTER:
Pig's foot, don't run away with this pig’s foot. lol

PIG DOWN:
Rolling in the mudd, don't go near it or you'll get soiled.
‘ ‘
(o)

elijah5
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,225 Posts

[Post New]by elijah5 on May 30, 13 1:30 PM
I am also a Huge Fan of ERS games, but that being said---This one was way too easy. As for it being a CE-not sure if it really qualifies. Graphics were really good. HOS was also way to easy. Think that I will wait for the SE instead. Was hoping this was going to be a good one.

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on May 30, 13 2:10 PM
Why is it that I always have all the games that are included in a "bundle" price sale? Maybe I just need to wait for the bundle to purchase games. I agree with everyone else. I'm not sure this is CE worthy. The graphics are not real clear and not up to par for ERS games (haven't been for awhile now). The only HOGs I see are "match this with the item it goes with." Very boring. A few is okay, but not the whole game. Maybe it changes as you get into the games. Some items are very weird too...I would never have guessed that one items was a cork remover! They repeat the same area frequently.

I am very tired of the constant running back and forth for one item. Fortunately there is a jump map. I think they do that to make the game seem longer, but is getting very boring and I lose interest quickly these days.

Game play seems good. I do like the voice overs. Very appropriate for the setting and characters. Well done. Hint system is average for recovery speed. Music okay.

Not sure I'm going to get this one, even as an SE. It just didn't grab me and make me want to buy it to see what happens. Same story, different day. I will put it in the puddle and decide another day, if nothing better comes along. I do know that I will not buy the CE.

As always, try it for yourself and see what you think. We all have different tastes in games and you not care for this one at all, or it may be just what you are looking for. Thanks for the reviews.

sunnyglow
Clownfish
Clownfish
804 Posts

[Post New]by sunnyglow on May 30, 13 2:21 PM
Nasty time for the GamERS. I really like these guys (hard for you to believe, right?)......but (and don't listen to anything before the "but") these games getting the stigma of being mass produced. I agree (again hard to believe) with the others on this site that they are predictable and becoming rather boring. Purchasing their games is kinda like buying a 1950's home in New Jersey. They all look alike with the exception of some little variation in a puzzle or storyline. Gosh, I find it hard to write this, but really, guys, how about quality instead of quantity! (Boy is that phrase hackneyed or what?) In other words, don't try so hard and don't create so many mediocre games. Try to make quality games which people really want to purchase because they are that good. Way too many critters in this game. I feel I will be dreaming about the attack of the pink and purple animals in this game. And, if I have stepped on you enough today, I really don't like the graphics either. I know you can create magnificent games. So..... now go do it! And, please stop with all the hand wringing concerning your games. We don't need the dev to write emails to us to find out how we feel about the game. We know you listen to us. Stop already! Just read the reviews and other comments and go from there.

Edited on 05/30/2013 at 2:24:27 PM PST

Go to: