lorie56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,872 Posts

Meet the Bickersons

[Post New]by lorie56 on May 31, 13 11:35 AM
Oh my word, I am so fed up with my couple in my first family. They have four girls, three that she adopted before she married her husband and one who was 4 this morning. I have been trying to get them to have another baby since this morning and every time all they do is argue. They aren't tired nor hungry, and they've been showered, so I don't know what their problem is! I tried again 5 minutes ago, for the fourth time today, and once again all they want to do is argue. I was so fed up and disgusted with them that I beat the tar out of both of them with the red glove.

Re:Meet the Bickersons

[Post New]by OrionsRose on May 31, 13 12:42 PM
LOL@lorie!

Oh I know what you mean! Mine are always arguing too. I'm so thankful for the adoption option because I truly believe the devs made these people far more argumentative and bratty than in the previous game. These families seem to hate each other. No one interacts positively. Baby-making is like pulling teeth. The children are unbearably bratty at times (and red-gloving them doesn't act as discipline to modify behavior).

lorie56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,872 Posts

[Post New]by lorie56 on May 31, 13 12:52 PM
Maybe that's why they don't want to make any more kids, the four they have are really bratty! I swear everytime I am with that family those four girls are jumping on the bed, throwing rocks, tearing up books, playing in the toilet, digging in the trash and who knows what else. I've stuck a couple in the dead zones, but that still leaves two running around causing mayhem. These kids would give the guy on that insurance commercial a run for his money!

I had couples argue with each other once in awhile in VF1, but these couples in VF2 make it an art form! I'm trying to get twins and triplets, which is hard to do when they would rather fight than make.

Ayla1402
Clownfish
Clownfish
580 Posts

[Post New]by Ayla1402 on May 31, 13 4:04 PM
Don't give up. In one of my families I had a couple who argued until she was 40. I adopted 1 child and another came to the doorstep. As she turned 40 and he 42 they got triplets. A few years later another child was abandoned and want to be adopted.

FadedLily
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

[Post New]by FadedLily on Jun 1, 13 5:39 PM
lorie56 wrote:Maybe that's why they don't want to make any more kids, the four they have are really bratty! I swear everytime I am with that family those four girls are jumping on the bed, throwing rocks, tearing up books, playing in the toilet, digging in the trash and who knows what else. I've stuck a couple in the dead zones, but that still leaves two running around causing mayhem. These kids would give the guy on that insurance commercial a run for his money!

I had couples argue with each other once in awhile in VF1, but these couples in VF2 make it an art form! I'm trying to get twins and triplets, which is hard to do when they would rather fight than make.

Lol! I keep wishing for virtual duck tape! Then I could tape them to the floor and keep track of them. The only way I've managed to tame some of them has been to constantly drop them on the toys, or books, and praise them for it when it says they are playing. I don't think being hit with a tranquilizer dart would stop a few kids, but the constant reinforcement does work after a few times. And I find they love the sandbox, lol! My other idea was to just spend as little time as possible with that family until the kids have turned 14

lakitten
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by lakitten on Jun 2, 13 4:37 PM
I just keep after them while they are arguing using the man and finally they try to have a baby. lol
Sometimes if she walks off I try to repeat and they say it is too soon to have another baby. The last kid was 4 years old. Geesh.

MikoLand
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by MikoLand on Jun 11, 13 11:25 PM
When my peeps argue I keep trying until they make baby but they dont get a baby :s

kayette
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
474 Posts

[Post New]by kayette on Jun 12, 13 6:24 AM
Sometimes they do have one even if they were arguing a lot, it just depends on your luck.

MikoLand
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by MikoLand on Jun 12, 13 7:48 AM
lol yes, and my luck is bad time to time I got lucky once with 6 kids and just 'lucky' enough to have just one kid! The parents just didnt seem like to be able to make more

lorie56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,872 Posts

[Post New]by lorie56 on Jun 12, 13 7:49 AM
I found that if I have two No Way peeps I might as well adopt because, unlike in VF1, they will argue every time. It doesn't matter how many times I would put them together, all they wanted to do was argue. I played VF1 and so I know that sometimes they argue and you just keep trying, but I've found that in VF2 you really do have to pay attention to how they feel about wanting kids.

MikoLand
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by MikoLand on Jun 12, 13 7:53 AM
Aww. I actually never adopt someone with "no way" or "not really" but the female married this guy with "not really" and he likes Babies

They are having a baby now, the wife send me a message saying: I want you to meet my new rascal Vegas. I guess it's gonna be a boy? lol :p

miko53
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by miko53 on Jun 13, 13 8:12 PM
i have discovered something about baby making in this game. When they start bickering just put them together repeatedly, over and over until they welcome a bundle of joy. i had to put a couple together almost ten times, but this always works for me.

one little side note, however. i noticed someone wasn't "feeling fresh" so i put him in the shower. when he finished his shower i put them together again two or three times, and the ba-bay was born!

love this game.

kayette
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
474 Posts

[Post New]by kayette on Jul 8, 13 2:12 PM
This morning I tried almost everything to get the family with 5 kids to just make one more baby please. They argued, got sweaty, had showers and argued again until they were both 'too tired' and had to sleep or take naps! They still won't agree to another kid this afternoon! I guess it will be up to another generation! I don't want to spend money needed for renovations on a kid.

FadedLily
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

[Post New]by FadedLily on Jul 12, 13 11:44 PM
kayette wrote:Sometimes they do have one even if they were arguing a lot, it just depends on your luck.

(snicker) I think that's called "make up sex", lol!

kayette
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
474 Posts

[Post New]by kayette on Sep 28, 13 8:37 PM
I've been looking for ways to reduce arguing when you try to get the couple to 'make a baby' and by far the most successful strategy is to buy the drinks cabinet! Argumentative couples need to unwind! After they each have a cocktail drag them off to the bedroom and most of the time they are happy to jump on the bed together!
Liquor is quicker after all!

[Post New]by WonderWindRider on Oct 4, 13 9:02 AM
With the younger kids I get a parent to read them a story xD The older kids will get locked in the dead zone mwahaha lol

Go to: