bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Reviews for Fairway Solitaire: Tee to Play

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jun 1, 13 12:34 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Fairway Solitaire: Tee to Play ? We’d love to hear all about it, as would many of the other fishies in our pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the Fairway Solitaire: Tee to Play page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgBaikal

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Re:Reviews for Fairway Solitaire: Tee to Play

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jun 1, 13 12:34 AM
Hi Fishies,

I just wanted to add to the OP: This thread has been reserved for reviews only.

If you have any questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game) please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post as this can develop into a discussion that is not suitable to the review thread.

While the reviews in this thread are first and foremost helpful to other players, they also tell us and all who were involved in making this game, what you liked/disliked most, what you’d like to see more/less of in future games, etc. This can only help us in continuing to provide better games, which is what we all want!

We want to ensure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, so the Moderation Team will be proactively removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews) that pop up in this thread.

For any non-review related posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.

Thank you!

bfgBaikal

RasmusB
Guppy
Guppy
199 Posts

[Post New]by RasmusB on Jun 4, 13 8:10 AM
Extremely entertaining game. The only bad thing is, that sometimes, the atmospheric sound effects are way to loud, especially on the Breeze course. But I really like the concept, which seems very appropriate in this kind of games. I would rate it 4/5.

Edit: The atmospheric sound effects are way to loud (water sounds) generally on all courses.

Edited on 06/04/2013 at 8:17:26 AM PST

gwladys99
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by gwladys99 on Jun 4, 13 9:12 AM
I have the original game and have played it over and over again. Would have loved to have given a review of this one, unfortunately, after downloading the game I recieved and access violation and would not open. Even when I took it out and re-downloaded it it still would not open, however, if this game is as good as the last one it would be a definate buy for me.

anki6969
Minnow
Minnow
242 Posts

[Post New]by anki6969 on Jun 4, 13 10:33 AM
It didn´t open in fullscreen for me.

The cut-scenes were fun to watch and I liked the voice-overs and the music.
The background sounds, which I ususally likes, were way to high

I bought (with Gb) the X-ray glasses and it was very distracting that the next card flashed constantly, instead of being seen when hoovering over it with the mouse. I didn´t like that at all !

The courses were fun, it seems to be better than Fairway but I don´t like "Free To Play Games", I rather pay for them.

nivlem007
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by nivlem007 on Jun 4, 13 11:16 AM
Mini screen seems to be the norm for this one. I did not see any options. I do not like the idea of having to pay a fortune for extra clubs. I will stick to my original game that I can play for the cost of the game and buy all the clubs I need without going into my pocket.

Ayla1402
Clownfish
Clownfish
580 Posts

[Post New]by Ayla1402 on Jun 4, 13 1:24 PM
I only played the first two courses. The first course is the tutorial. It is not possible to play without tutorial. The game don't open in fullscreen only in windows mode. On the page with the courses there is a gear in the right bottom corner where you can change the cards displays and the sound intensity of the music, talking, surroundings.
I have the original Fairway and this is so far the same game. So I will stick to the original Fairway and to Fairway Solitaire (no more available here)

[Post New]by nontechiegrannie on Jun 4, 13 2:33 PM
Free is nice but there are some caveats to this "Free". Except for some updated brighter graphics this is the same game as the Fairways CE. Also, why all of a sudden are there extra fees for upgrades while playing the game? The fee prices listed on the game for sale screen are listed in British pounds. Any reason why as I am nowhere near the British Isles & have never used their currency? I too found that the screen does not open all the way but can deal with it. The thought of having to deal with the tech team & their gibberish is too much for this non-tech grannie to handle.

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Jun 4, 13 2:42 PM
Hi Fishies,

I hope you're enjoying the game! I just wanted to let everyone know about the dedicated technical issues thread we have available for the game here where you can post any problems you encounter.

You can also get in touch with our Tech Support Team if you'd like and they'll be happy to help out so you can enjoy the game.

Happy gaming,

bfgSeine

[Post New]by fairhavenfish01 on Jun 4, 13 3:08 PM
I absolutely LOVED this addition to the Fairway franchise!

While the screen was not "full," the cards were large enough, and everything was quite visible. In settings, one can turn down the background sounds (sea, wind, etc.) quite easily.

One earns "bucks" quite easily, and can use them to "purchase" specific clubs or upgrades. If one wants to spend real money, an excellent purchase is Midas clubs (can be used for anything) for $9.99, which is $6.99 if one is a member of BFG. This gives you 16 FULL sets of utility clubs!!!! (16 x 9 = 144 clubs). Excellent value!

The courses are quite challenging - after the first course, you do have to plan your moves ahead! The voice-overs are amusing, and aimed at an adult audience. The gopher, is, of course, his usual nasty but silly self.

The hardest "penalty" card is for getting out of the rough, in that you have to plan ahead, as the card you use to "cut" the rough is taken away, and unless the card underneath is playable, you pretty much waste a card.

As a tip, one may want to look at the available trophies before playing, as while at the end of a course the game will indicate if you won any trophies, it won't tell you which ones. If you go to the trophy icon and scroll through, those that are "glowing" are the ones you were awarded on this course. By looking at available trophies in advance, it can also give you additional goals to set for yourself.

I found this addition just as addictive as the others - I also saw that one can "buy" additional courses at the end - by the way, they are available with the "bucks" one has earned, you don't have to use real money! Awesome!

IsisRising
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by IsisRising on Jun 4, 13 7:15 PM
[b]I just got finished trying this game out.I kind of like it especially after I discovered how to turn down some of the sounds.The game play was pretty smooth and I got a kick out of the way the gopher laughs. I would recommend this one especially to Fairway fans.

thistle809
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by thistle809 on Jun 4, 13 8:19 PM
I have the "regular" Fairway games and really enjoyed them, but this one may be a bit of a "bogey". I tried this because BFG sent me an email link for a "Sneak Peek". I will not get involved with a game that requires you to spend a ridiculous amount of cash, if you hope to truly enjoy it. This entire sector of the gaming industry is tacky, in my opinion. It is simply a rather crude way for developers to wring a lot of extra money out of customers.

In all "fairness", the graphics are excellent and the gopher is hysterical. The videos between courses are great. It does not have an option to play full-screen (that alone would be an automatic no interest for me). The sound levels should have been evened out. The intro when you first launch the game has a voice-over that is very, very soft. After you have turned up the volume on your speakers to hear the monologue, you are suddenly blasted out of your skin when the music starts. The volume levels are all over the place during the play on the courses: the commentator is fine, but many of the environmental sounds are much too loud.

Audreyfavre
Herring
Herring
385 Posts

[Post New]by Audreyfavre on Jun 4, 13 9:27 PM
This was fun and a lot like the other Fairway games. I am up to level 60 something.

A couple of things that I missed from the old games were collecting the coins that were hidden under a stack of cards and the ability to buy a golf club when I needed it and had the money (game money, not real money). This game made me wait until I had met some kind of goal (not explained that I saw!) before I was able to purchase the clubs that would help me along in the game, even though I had several thousand dollars in game money.

Also, I really wish that there was a little pop-up that explained what the icons were for as I moused over them.

One more thing...I would like the ability to replay one hole, not the entire level, to get a better score.

Still, I enjoyed this game very much and will keep playing,

Audrey

[Post New]by Whiteowluk on Jun 5, 13 12:49 AM

Fairway Solitaire: Tee to Play is definitely something of a mixed experience to play. Having bought and played both Fairway Solitaire and the later Collector's Edition (for probably far too many enjoyable hours), my expectations were high.

Initially concerned by the inclusion of real life money, I was pleasantly surprised by how easy it was to earn in-game golf bucks and certainly felt no real pressure to supplement them simply to play. There are certainly some very nice things to be acquired with real life money, but it is very much the choice of the player as to whether or not to do so.

There are some new awards which are always fun. The tutorial was forced yes, but it was quick and did a very good job of demonstrating the different types of play. I was glad to see that the wonderful voicing had been retained and the movies are always worth seeing at least once. Certainly all these points are to the credit of the game.

However, I felt that the game was seriously let down by two major technical aspects. While not perhaps the first most obvious problem, I found that the sound balance (or lack thereof) was at best irritating and at worse completely off-putting. Specifically, the 'background' noises (labelled with a bird image) was so ridiculously loud compared to everything else, it needed to be almost muted to allow anything else to be heard. Also, the sound quality in itself tended towards harshness and patchiness.

Now to move on to the most obvious problem (at least for me). Like others in the forums, I was initially surprised by the windowed nature of the game. This surprise quickly changed to frustration when I realised that there was no way to change that setting. Now, I have read that this game was a conversion from an IPad game and that the windowed nature of it is due to technical requirements and that this is how it was designed to play. However, after playing it this way for a time comparable to any game session for either of its two predecessors, I was left with an aching head and no great haste to continue to play. Admittedly, this could also been down to the earlier mentioned sound problems.

I really wanted to love this game as much as I loved the first two in the series. Certainly it does have a lot to love, but for me at least the sound and window issues are a major stumbling block and badly let down both the game and the franchise from which it derives. changes. It's a shame as it could have been such a good little addition.

bootsie21
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,188 Posts

[Post New]by bootsie21 on Jun 5, 13 1:05 AM
I, too, have the CE of Fairway solitaire and play it over and over. This game is OK I guess, but will stick to my CE version. I refuse to pay any money to get clubs etc, nor will I in Found: Free to play.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jun 5, 13 2:15 AM
Frankly, I don't know what the heck I am looking at, except a miniature Fairway Solitaire version. I only get window mode. There is nowhere an option for full screen.

What was BigFish thinking of? It's too bad, because I own and love the other 2 "Fairway" games, and would have really loved to give this one a go, but not in this size.

gamblebug
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

[Post New]by gamblebug on Jun 5, 13 4:14 AM
I own the very frist fairway game.To me it's the best and every so often i go back and play again.This might be close to it ,but i refuse to buy a game that will end up costing me more real money.Yes you might earn extra bucks to buy stuff but that runs out and to be able to play more of this game ,cash up front.So a 6.99 game could end up being 3 or 4 times that cost.There is no free game here,i'll stick with my fairway game.

katiepops
Guppy
Guppy
152 Posts

[Post New]by katiepops on Jun 5, 13 4:57 AM
The screen size throws me off, do not like it when I can't fill up my screen, I have to change my background as it is distracting with a small game screen in the forefront.
That saying, I still prefer the onld Fairway, I do not particularly care for the hand holding on if I missed a card. I thought at first it was just the introductory but later found if I missed a card it "flashed" and groaned.
I don't know, that irritated me.
Too many sound effects, too much talking and I am not paying for more anything. I should of known there was a hitch to a "free" game.

Joyfullady
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,498 Posts

[Post New]by Joyfullady on Jun 5, 13 6:20 AM
I own both Fairway and Fairway Solitaire - so I was extremely excited to see a "new" Fairway offering but after a half hour of play I uninstalled the game. For those who've never played the game - buy either of the first two they are fun and you don't have to pay money "for the same" game money earned extras.

Windowed version only no full screen capabilities
Same stories and jokes from the other game, really looked forward to more humor as I loved this in the other games.
Paying for items that you can earn in the other games.
Sneaky gopher didn't show up as much in movies - must be later
Settings - a bird for ocean sounds control - REALLY!
The ocean sounds were not pleasant ones and even off you could hear them and it sounded like wind!
Settings in general seemed to have a problem.
The way the golf club purchases were done was not as nice as the previous games.

Choice of deck of cards was the only thing I liked.

gwladys99
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by gwladys99 on Jun 5, 13 11:16 AM
other posts have said all i want to say. When I first logged onto it I was excited because I have played hours with the collectors version but although it started out great it steadily went down hill from there.

Was some great ideas there and I found myself laughing out loud at the first cut scene but not being able to open in full screen was the first disapointment and when it wanted me to pay by credit card for any upgrades my first reaction was "what the heck" and I quickly closed and deleted the whole thing.

I will stay with my old game thank you very much and maybe big fish should look at "Emerland Solitaire' for some ideas how it should be done.
Sorry about the spelling mistakes.

Go to: