bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Post any Dark Dimensions: City of Ash Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jun 1, 13 12:38 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Mart1n0940
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

Re:Post any Dark Dimensions: City of Ash Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by Mart1n0940 on Jun 1, 13 2:06 AM
(I hope my monitor is not about to die) - whilst playing this game I noticed the screen kept flashing dim and bright especially during the IHOG puzzles

It didn't really spoil it that much but would be worth getting to the cause (if it's not just my PC!)

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Re:Post any Dark Dimensions: City of Ash Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jun 1, 13 2:45 AM
I hope not Mart1n0940!

As this is a new game it may be worth double checking you have the most recent version of your video card driver as sometimes games assume you have the most recent one and can run a little sub-par without it.

The help article here has help on how to do this.

If the error persists after checking out that article, please contact Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page. One of our Reps will be happy to take a closer look at this with you.

Hope this helps a bit!

bfgBaikal

[Post New]by candleofhope on Jun 1, 13 8:33 PM
playing very slow here.....alot of jerks....don't have a problem playing other games....all others smooth.............

virago620
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by virago620 on Jun 2, 13 1:46 PM
This is very minor, but I can't change from the custom cursor to the system cursor. The button in both on and off position in the Options screen results in the custom cursor remaining on. Custom cursors drive me nuts...I'm easily distracted!

The game is terrific otherwise!

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Jun 3, 13 3:48 AM
Heya Fishies,

virago620 - Welcome to the Pond! I just had a look at this and it looks like there is a trend in the newer games to keep at least the appearance of the system cursor the same as the custom cursor. It#s not as easy to see but the system cursor is a bit smaller and less animated than the customer cursor and will therefore be easier on your system. the general appearance of the cursor will stay the same, though .

candleofhope - It sounds like your computer might have some problems to process the game properly, which is why it is running so slow. In this case it might help to make sure that all the software on your computer is up-to-date nwith the steps that you can find here.

If this doesn’t help, our Technical Support will be more than happy to have a further look at this with you so you can enjoy your game again! To get help faster it would be a great help if you could include a Dr. Felix report. You can contact them 24/7 by clicking on the green envelope at the top-right of this page. On the next page you can find the Contact Us link on the bottom-left.

If you are a member of our Big Fish Game Club you can contact us without waiting through our Live-Chat, which is open for you Monday – Friday from 7:30 am – 4:30 pm PST.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

grammy1957
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by grammy1957 on Jun 3, 13 6:24 PM
The game ran great till I got to the embankment, the screen turns white & I am unable to play any further. It slows down quite a bit. When I went to sign off, my pc froze. Just wondering if anybody else has experienced this.

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Jun 4, 13 3:01 AM
Heya grammy1957,

That sounds like your computer might be having some problems to process the game past that point. This is often caused by some of the software on your computer being in need of a small update. You can easily check this with the steps that are available here.

If this doesn’t help, our Technical Support will be more than happy to have a further look at this with you so you can enjoy your game again! To get help faster it would be a great help if you could include a Dr. Felix report. You can contact them 24/7 by clicking on the green envelope at the top-right of this page. On the next page you can find the Contact Us link on the bottom-left.

If you are a member of our Big Fish Game Club you can contact us without waiting through our Live-Chat, which is open for you Monday – Friday from 7:30 am – 4:30 pm PST.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

[Post New]by Patty8805 on Jun 4, 13 11:57 AM
game is great till I get to the Examine the open mill HOP I have tried so many times in different areas around the spider web with the MOP no luck!! (page 31 on guide)
I even uninstalled and reinstalled and its still not possible to continue the game!

Also wish it had a SKIP for the beginning of the story have seen so many times

please help I was enjoying this game
Pat

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Jun 5, 13 6:29 AM
Heya Patty8805, welcome to the Pond!

I know exactly how frustrating it is to get stuck in a game that you enjoy!

It sounds like your computer might have some problems at this point since uninstalling and reinstalling didn't help to solve the problem. These kind of problems can appear when some of the software on your computer is in need of a small update. You can find some easy steps on how to do that by clicking hhere.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

MinnieK
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by MinnieK on Jun 7, 13 2:06 AM
Patty8805 wrote:Also wish it had a SKIP for the beginning of the story have seen so many times

please help I was enjoying this game
Pat

Hi Pat, although there isn't a 'Skip' option you can still skip the over-long intro by hitting the Esc key on your keyboard. Hope this helps.

Melymc
Guppy
Guppy
188 Posts

[Post New]by Melymc on Jun 9, 13 3:34 AM
I just bought the game a couple of hours ago. It has stopped working during the game twice. It pops me out of the game and has a little box where I must hit OK. I'm sorry I forgot to write down what it said. But, the gist is that there is a problem with the game running. I will next time. But when I start the game back up it is OK, but it has happened both times during a Hidden Object scene and I loose the progress and must start over. Why is it doing this? What should I do? Will I loose the game if I uninstall and reinstall, or will that even help? Will this likely continue since I just started? Thank you for any help!

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Jun 11, 13 2:52 AM
Heya Melymc,

That really sounds like it's very frustrating, I'm sorry to hear about those game crashes .

It could be that your computer is having some problems with the game during the hidden object scenes and that is why the game crashes. We found that these kind of problems are often connected to some of the software on your computer being in need of an update. You can find some easy steps on how to get everything up-to-date by clicking here.

Also, as many games save the progress in a different folder you shouldn't lose it if you want to try uninstalling and reinstalling the game. Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

lyrialice
Elephantfish
Elephantfish
55,156 Posts

[Post New]by lyrialice on Jun 12, 13 9:34 AM
Downloaded the game ..fine. installed...fine. activating crashed my PC. I don't know whether to uninstall and reinstall or hope for the best.

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Jun 12, 13 10:04 AM
Hey there lyrialice,

I'd advise trying out the game since the instillation seemed to go smoothly. It sounds like that issue while activating may just be a one-time fluke.

If you run into any more issues with the game, please be sure to let us know!

bfgDeveron

[Post New]by 123sweetcheeks on Jun 14, 13 1:16 PM
I keep getting frozen screens, white areas, and now can not get the mop to take down the cob webs.
I am an older person just getting into Big Fish games; but if as many people as I have noticed in the blog having the same issues, why don't you have games we can download without these issues? At least mark them for updated requirements. I am disappointed, I even joined Big Fish club, now afraid to order anything else.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jun 15, 13 4:32 AM
Hi there 123sweetcheeks,

Welcome to the Pond!

I am sorry you are having so much trouble with your game and I understand why this is concerning for you.

My good news is that the issues you have reported are normally easily resolved by running some quick and free updates.

A white screen showing in game or items not responding as they should is typically related to your graphics card driver and you can find some helpful advice on updating your driver by clicking the link here!

If the issue persists after updating or you need more help with this, please feel free to reach out to our Tech Support Team and they will be happy to help and offer some more specific support and I can assure you that they will never leave you with a game that won't work for you.

Hoping this helps!

bfgBaikal

Edited on 06/15/2013 at 4:32:54 AM PST

[Post New]by risingsn on Jun 22, 13 8:03 AM
Every time I go to play it brings me back to the very beginning. I have uninstalled and reinstalled it and played for quite a while and it seemed to play fine and when I opened the game today I am back to the beginning again.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jun 25, 13 5:02 AM
Hi risingsn,

Your game should be saving your progress as you play so it sounds like something may be wrong if the game is not saving automatically for you.

I would encourage you to have a look that the following help article which has some great advice on how to ensure your game is running correctly and set up to save as it should:

Game Not Saving

If the problems persist, please feel free to get in touch with Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page. One of our reps will be happy to take a closer look at this with you!

Hope this helps

bfgBaikal

Go to: