bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

UPDATED PC version now available! June 4, 2013

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jun 1, 13 2:00 AM
Hi Fishies,

Great news! We now have a new PC version of The Veil of Mystery: Seven Little Gnomes that fixes the following:

• Issues with the hammer disappearing in the cellar

We apologize greatly for the trouble. You can get the newest version by uninstalling and reinstalling your game. Here's the link to a help article with more information on how to do this:

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

If you haven't purchased the game yet, find the game and reinstall the trial version (when available) to play any remaining minutes.

If your game is still giving you problems, you can contact our Customer Support team for more assistance. Just click on the green on the right to get to our Help pages, and if you still need assistance, click Contact Us to the bottom-left of the screen to submit a help ticket.

Hope this helps!

bfgBaikal

Edited on 06/04/2013 at 2:56:38 PM PST

afan_o
Guppy
Guppy
128 Posts

Re:UPDATE! New Version of The Veil of Mystery: Seven Little Gnomes Available today! June 1, 2013

[Post New]by afan_o on Jun 1, 13 5:06 AM
Hi Everyone !

This Update will solve the problem with torch . Some players couldn't find torch to melt the tar on the boat. Hopefully this update will help you too.

Thank you very much for your patience , you are great community !

Afan

Re:UPDATE! New Version of The Veil of Mystery: Seven Little Gnomes Available today! June 1, 2013

[Post New]by elvenstardragon on Jun 1, 13 11:20 AM
afan_o wrote:Hi Everyone !

This Update will solve the problem with torch . Some players couldn't find torch to melt the tar on the boat. Hopefully this update will help you too.

Thank you very much for your patience , you are great community !

Afan

Will this fix the missing HOG in the bedroom?

afan_o
Guppy
Guppy
128 Posts

[Post New]by afan_o on Jun 1, 13 12:41 PM
Hi elvenstardragon,

That fix will be included in next update .

Sorry for inconvenience best wishes,

Afan

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Jun 4, 13 2:52 PM
Hi Fishies,

Great news! A new PC version is available for The Veil of Mystery: Seven Little Gnomes! This latest version fixes an issue with the hidden object scene in the bedroom.

To ensure you are playing the newest version, please uninstall and reinstall the game. Steps on how to do that can be found in the following help article:

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

If you have any problems with this game, you can contact our Tech Support Team with any further questions or concerns.

Happy gaming,

bfgSeine

Re:UPDATED PC version now available! June 4, 2013

[Post New]by aleta59 on Jun 5, 13 5:35 AM
Reinstalled the new version. Still cannot open the hidden object scene in the upstairs bedroom. When will this be fixed?

afan_o
Guppy
Guppy
128 Posts

[Post New]by afan_o on Jun 5, 13 9:18 AM
aleta59 wrote:Reinstalled the new version. Still cannot open the hidden object scene in the upstairs bedroom. When will this be fixed?

Hi aleta59 ,

In that case that probably is not because of glitch could you please post more details in Developer Corner , what do you have in Inventory ? I will be happy to help you there.

best

Afan

[Post New]by elvenstardragon on Jun 6, 13 1:03 AM
I asked 'Will this fix the missing HOG in the bedroom?' and you replied that will be in the next fix.

But alete59 above said they installed new update and it did'nt work for bedroom HOG and you've told them:

Hi aleta59 ,

In that case that probably is not because of glitch could you please post more details in Developer Corner , what do you have in Inventory ? I will be happy to help you there.

best

Afan

This all my details

I have in inventory (acid, metal detector and hammer. I've done everything suggested including uninstalling and reinstalling. I still can't get the HOG scene in bedroom. I've found 4 gnomes, fireplace, toilet,behind map and grave. I have put tar on boat and oar on boat. But hint still takes me back to the bedroom and tells me to 'open HO scene' and circles at side of bed but there is nothing there. I've already been there and light is lit and I opened box under window. I've done HOG at small shed but can't get the bag on telegraph pole.

I'm confused. Which is it. A glitch or something else.

Edited on 06/06/2013 at 1:12:09 AM PST

[Post New]by elvenstardragon on Jun 7, 13 2:08 PM
bfgSeine wrote:Hi Fishies,

Great news! A new PC version is available for The Veil of Mystery: Seven Little Gnomes! This latest version fixes an issue with the hidden object scene in the bedroom.

To ensure you are playing the newest version, please uninstall and reinstall the game. Steps on how to do that can be found in the following help article:

<a href="http://www.bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=492">Uninstall / Reinstall a Game</a>

If you have any problems with this game, you can contact our <a href="http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/144284.page">Tech Support Team</a> with any further questions or concerns.

Happy gaming,

bfgSeine

This update does NOT fix the HOG in the bedroom. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the update. It did'nt work.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jun 8, 13 2:59 AM
Hi Fishies,

I am so sorry to read that there are still issues cropping up with this game, I understand how frustrating this must be.

As we are continuing to work with the developer on this game, it would be great if you could contact Tech Support about how you found the update, and we can offer some alternative solutions.

Thank you for continuing to work with us.

bfgBaikal

[Post New]by vonsters on Jun 14, 13 6:05 PM
What about the HOG in the kitchen? Will this update fix it? If I uninstall and reinstall will I have to start from the beginning?

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jun 15, 13 4:41 AM
Hi vonsters,

Welcome to the Pond!

While neither of the new build does not specify that they address any issues in the kitchen do think uninstalling and reinstalling the game is the best thing to do in this instance. Having the most recent version is always a good idea and this will ensure that all the game files are installed and running correctly at least.

And the good news is that uninstalling the game, will not cause you to lose your place - the save data is saved in a different location so once the game is reinstalled, you can pick up right where you left off!

What I will say is that if the problem persists after you install this newest version of the game, creating a new player profile could help as well, but please keep in mind that doing this would require you to start over from the beginning.

If you would prefer not to take such a drastic step just yet, please get in touch with our Tech Support Team so we can investigate what is going on further and perhaps offer an alternative solution.

Thank you for working with us and hoping this info is helpful.

bfgBaikal

Edited on 06/15/2013 at 4:43:04 AM PST

chrmn2k
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

Cannot proceed over bridge...

[Post New]by chrmn2k on May 31, 14 4:23 PM
Hi, I hate to complain about such an enjoyable game, but I'm stuck at the bridge in need of repair. I dropped all the wood that I had, but it doesn't repair the bridge. Hints keep bringing me back again and again to the same spot without any idea of what do to next. I had a couple of other issues that resolved themselves after persistent trial, but I can go no further. Please advise. Thanks, chrmn2k

moondances
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

[Post New]by moondances on Jun 9, 14 3:04 PM
Not sure if this is the correct place to inquire, but I am unable to complete the game bcz I only have 1 cipher wheel-The door in the cave requires 2 wheels-About 1/4 of the way through the game, the hint button went into a loop, taking me back to the stairs where I should have gotten a wheel, but didn't-I have worked around most of the other glitches (including being stuck inside the carriage & unable to get out or out of the game-I had to shut down my pc & reboot)-I have reinstalled & still cannot obtain the 2nd wheel so I can open the door which, according to the walkthrough (which would only open in chrome), I need to finish the game-Is there any help? I really enjoyed the parts of the game I could play, but there are way too many problems that lessen the fun-TY

Go to: