bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Post any The Veil of Mystery: Seven Little Gnomes technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jun 1, 13 2:10 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

Re:Post any The Veil of Mystery: Seven Little Gnomes technical issues here only

[Post New]by jennsmom on Jun 2, 13 6:13 AM
I was playing along just fine until I got to the door with the code (numbers taken from fish). I put in the code, put in the coins, and when I tried to enter the door, the game shut down completely! I could start it again...at the beginning! What's going on here? I'd been waiting to get this game since I did a Beta and was enjoying it.

afan_o
Guppy
Guppy
128 Posts

[Post New]by afan_o on Jun 2, 13 7:36 AM
Hi I am sorry to hear that ! Did you try again with same profile to continue?

best wishes

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Jun 2, 13 9:40 AM
afan_o wrote:Hi I am sorry to hear that ! Did you try again with same profile to continue?

best wishes

Yes, I did. It took me to the very beginning of the game. I'm not sure I want to play all of that again right now.

SugerH20
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by SugerH20 on Jun 2, 13 1:22 PM
I cannot get the game to open to full screen!!!!!!

SugerH20
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by SugerH20 on Jun 2, 13 1:58 PM
Well!!! IT DID OPEN TO FULL SCREEN AFTER I FINISHED THE WHOLE GAME!!!!

But still not enough to see the inventory. Minimized the task bar and still no open enough!!!

[Post New]by MickeyMikado on Jun 2, 13 3:34 PM
I give up...I've uninstalled and installed the game several times and I am unable to get the HOS to play in the living room near the chair. I keep getting led back to this scene but nothing is there to do.

I was enjoying the game, but I'm done....too much aggravation. Why release a game that is to laden with issues that your members are throwing their hands up in frustration???? Fix it or remove it!

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Jun 5, 13 7:04 AM
Heya Fishies,

jennsmom - A problem like this could be caused by some of the game files not working as they should. You might be able to solve this by simply uninstalling and reinstalling the game to get all the game files back in shape.

SugerH20 - Welcome to the Pond! When a game isn't being displayed in full screen it could be because the drivers for your graphic card are in need of an update. You can easily find some steps on how to do that here:

MickeyMikado - That sure sounds frustrating! It might also help here to make sure that your computer is up-to-date with the steps here as outdated software can lead to the game not being able to progress properly as the computer is having problems with a scene.

If this doesn’t help, our Technical Support will be more than happy to have a further look at this with you so you can enjoy your game again! To get help faster it would be a great help if you could include a Dr. Felix report. You can contact them 24/7 by clicking on the green envelope at the top-right of this page. On the next page you can find the Contact Us link on the bottom-left.

If you are a member of our Big Fish Game Club you can contact us without waiting through our Live-Chat, which is open for you Monday – Friday from 7:30 am – 4:30 pm PST.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

[Post New]by Puppylove3 on Jun 14, 13 3:42 AM
HELP!!! game hint tells me to go left at light pole but game wont let me

tophen
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by tophen on Jun 14, 13 5:46 AM
was playing had 1 gnome left to find,game crashed.when I got back on starts at beginning.try everything.guess I,m done.don,nt feel like starting over.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jun 15, 13 5:02 AM
HI Fishies!

Puppylove3 - You could try clicking 'around' the screen to the left or hover your mouse in around that area and watch in case the cursor changes in a way that would indicate you can click to move in that direction.

As some of, the hotspots that trigger reactions in the game are not quite where we imagine them to be this may help - I have had this happen to me a lot!

If you are still having trouble though, you could try to update some of the elements that run this game as the computer having trouble running a game is another reason the game will fail to respond as it should and the help article here will guide you through this process.

tophen - Unfortunately, there is no way of retrieving that save data I'm afraid. If you would like to play the game at a later date, I would encourage you to play your game until you make a little progress, then exit the game and re-open to check if your progress is saved. This way you can feel confident that your game will save for you!

If you still have trouble saving, I would suggest having a look at the following help article for some tips on how to remedy this:

Game Not Saving

That being said, if either of you would like some dedicated help with this, please feel send a message through to Tech Support so we can have a closer look at this.

Thank you,

bfgBaikal

[Post New]by Abbymom1 on Jun 15, 13 8:47 AM
After the scene where I find the gnome connected to the suitcase bomb, I am apparently supposed to go to a HOS in the garden scene. There is no HOS there! I have re-downloaded the game twice and cannot get past this point. I see others have had this same issue in other scenes. Is there a solution or is this just a worthless game??

trikemoma
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by trikemoma on Jun 18, 13 8:32 AM
I think this is a worthless game in as much as it has the most bugs, glitches, I have encountered in a game. I have new game manager installed, uninstalled and reinstalled game several times. I have used different profiles, same profile, etc., and still there are way too many bugs. One profile lets me go to a point, then it just keeps me from going elsewhere, another profile lets me go to a different point collecting different things along the way, but none of them let me continue on into the game. I am not enjoying BFG right now, especially this one. I think you need to give me a credit for this game, as it is not worth my time and trouble to try to play.

RaceCat3
Marlin
Marlin
9,644 Posts

[Post New]by RaceCat3 on Jun 24, 13 8:51 PM
Well, bought this game during the Father's Day Sale, or else I would ask for my money back. I started it tonight, and after playing about an hour and a half, I was stuck in the basement. I switched to windows to look at the walkthrough, and my game went poooof. I had switched to windows several other times during the game--no problem. When I reopened the game, it made me start all over. I'm not going to do that, so, guess I am just out. This is the first game of over 500 that I've bought from BF that did this to me. And no, don't tell me to contact CS, it isn't that important to me.

Jurinne
Clownfish
Clownfish
606 Posts

[Post New]by Jurinne on Jun 25, 13 1:18 PM
I'm getting a little tired of trying to do something and nothing happens and then I notice that there are two cursors on the screen - my cursor which I can move but won't do anything and the game cursor which is FROZEN.

Twice now I have had to use ESC to leave the game. I got an error message each time and the game was closed. The second time I was entering the last digit of a long code. I lost progress each time.

Everything is up-to-date, including the flash player. The computer is an almost brand-new gaming computer.

Addendum: I finished the game with no further problems although I didn't find at least three gnomes and I have a coin and a fragment left in my Inventory. I'll just add them to the snowshoe left over from a MCF game.

Edited on 06/25/2013 at 1:52:44 PM PST

Bartsister
Clownfish
Clownfish
710 Posts

[Post New]by Bartsister on Jun 29, 13 3:45 PM
This update did not fix the glitch with the bedroom HOS not opening, as noted by other players in the various threads. I did not even start playing this game until the updated version was out and so I do not have a "bad" older version that might be interfering. The HOS does not activate even though this is what the hint directs you to and I cannot progress.

I noticed that whenever this issue has been brought up to try to get a fix, it is most obviously ignored by the Developer present on this site. Tis a shame really. I do like to support new developers but not if those developers will not support their own games.

strewth1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by strewth1 on Jul 11, 13 4:36 AM
what happens with the boat?

didersham
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
409 Posts

[Post New]by didersham on Jul 29, 13 10:15 AM
This is the worse game I have ever played with so many technical issues! This game should have never been released. Everyone who paid for this game should get credited for this game.

Duetgirl
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

[Post New]by Duetgirl on Aug 30, 13 8:51 PM
I too can't get past the bedroom. When I use Hint, it flashes a circle above the bed, and says 'play a HOG'-- but nothing happens. I can click all day. I've exited the game, re-entered, and same old same old. I have an updated computer, and Bigfish even did a Dr. Felx on another game-- but this one is for the birds. I'm done. I have bought a lot of games, but this one is toast. PLEASE fix these glitches before you release the games!!

[Post New]by hamannorca on Oct 18, 13 12:05 AM
I've just purchased this game with my game credits but I just can't open to play
This is the first time ever I couldn't even open a game I've purchased/downloaded?

There's no error code or pop up window to tell me there's a problem
After I install the game & press Play in the manager screen, my mouse turn to a hourglass processing, then after 30secs just nothing happens, and my mouse turns back to normal pointer

The game just didn't load at all, not with errors

I've tried to uninstall the game and reinstall it twice, still same issue

Can somebody help me here?
Thanks

Go to: