eirini51
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

Piano Keys

[Post New]by eirini51 on Jun 1, 13 1:58 PM
having sorted out one problem I have another. Where in the world do I find the piano key. Help button is not stating anything in each scene other than "there is nothing to do here". I have not had so many problems in a game.

Can somebody help me please. Thanks

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

Re:Piano Keys

[Post New]by burf90 on Jun 1, 13 2:40 PM
They're in the fountain, along with some other things you'll need. You just need to stop the water flow from the correct side(s), so you can grab them. Have you found those hints yet? One hint is near the piano. The other is locked away in the very first scene you started in, outside the mansion. Checked the mail lately?

(There is a third clue you'll need eventually, but not until much later in the game.)

eirini51
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by eirini51 on Jun 3, 13 9:46 AM
thanks I have the ones you mention but it seems that without the third final piano keys I cannot proceed in the game. Hint is useless as in every scene it states nothing to be done. Waste of time. I can start again but no doubt the same will happen. Oh well, carry on. Thanks again.

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Jun 3, 13 12:57 PM
I'm confused about what you need. If you got the piano keys from the fountain, you got the only piano keys in the game. There is no third key. Just place them and then play the tune shown on the diagram above the keys. You only need the 5 keys with the notes drawn on them to play the tune.

**SPOILERS**
You did figure out what to do at the fountain to get the keys, right? If not, zoom in on the front of the fountain and take the mailbox flag. Place the flag on the mailbox. Read the clue in the mailbox and then go to the fountain and make the symbols on each of the statues match those shown on the clue. That will turn off the water flow on the left side so you can take the piano keys. Use the clue posted on the pillar by the piano to get items from the right side of the fountain.

Then go back to the piano, zoom in on the keys, and place the keys you just got. Then play the tune shown in the diagram.

(edited for typo)

Edited on 06/03/2013 at 12:58:36 PM PST

Bun49
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

[Post New]by Bun49 on Jun 14, 13 10:48 AM
I am unable to get the red fountain jar to stop the water flowing. Help!

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Jun 14, 13 2:47 PM
Bun49 wrote:I am unable to get the red fountain jar to stop the water flowing. Help!

Did you find the ruby pendant symbol for that statue and place it? If you did, did you find the clue that tells you what symbols should be on the jars? If so, you have to click on both the red jar symbol and the green jar symbol until they match the clue.

**SPOILER** (to see, highlight the blank line below this one with your mouse):
To stop the red jar, you need a flower on the red jar and a moon on the green jar.

Avalon68
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by Avalon68 on Jun 15, 13 11:24 AM
It may be a glitch...I thought I'd collected everything from the fountain earlier and now I'm stuck at the same place as the original poster. I'm in chapter 9 but cannot get the plate to open the box/stand by Pinnochio because I don't have the piano keys to get the mouse & pumpkin piece to get into the pumpkin <whew....run-on much? lol>.

I've tried to get back into the fountain but it only shows me the small engraving in front of it, not the fountain itself.

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Jun 15, 13 2:33 PM
Did you get the sapphire pendant for the middle statue? If so, change the jars again to match the plaque in front of the fountain. That will put you in a HOS that gives you the treble clef symbol for the piano. You get the music note in the pumpkin carriage scene. Just look around for it.

Then take those symbols back to the piano and put them in the top. The drawer will open and you'll get the right mouse fragment for the carriage. You get the left pumpkin fragment much later after you find pinnochio and talk to him.

BTW, I'm still unclear where you are stuck. To me, "piano keys" means the black and white keys that you play music on. If you're all the way at the pumpkin carriage, then you are long past the part where you need piano keys. So, I explained above where to find the only other emblems on the piano that need to be filled in. Hopefully, that's what you need.

Edited on 06/15/2013 at 2:44:11 PM PST

Avalon68
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by Avalon68 on Jun 15, 13 3:31 PM
I went back & started over, this time making sure to grab the piano keys as soon as I saw them. I'm not sure how I missed them first time around.

Thanks for your help :-)

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Jun 15, 13 9:29 PM
Maybe it was a glitch. I know I was able to go back to that fountain and just put in the codes for stopping the water on both the right and left sides, even after I collected all the items there. I tried it when I was stuck and was checking everywhere to see if I missed something.

Anyway, glad you're able to move on. At least it's a good game you're replaying.

Edited on 06/15/2013 at 9:30:09 PM PST

Go to: