bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Post any Enigma Agency: The Case of Shadows technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jun 2, 13 12:34 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

carnick
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

Re:Post any Enigma Agency: The Case of Shadows technical issues here only

[Post New]by carnick on Jun 2, 13 4:43 PM
I bought the game today after trying it. It worked fine on the tryout so I bought it. The game downloaded without problems, but when I tried to change my profile, everything froze and I had to close my computer, So I deleted it and downloaded it again and it did the same thing. so I deleted it again and sent a e-mail to bigfish and I am waiting for an answer. I know I will get a prompt response and they will help me with this game. Hope the problem can be fixed because I really like the game when I tried it. Have a nice day fishies.

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Jun 3, 13 3:03 AM
Heya carnick,

I'm sorry to hear that your game keeps freezing now even through the demo seemed to run just fine!

It could be that the saved profile from the demo is blocking your game now, that can sometimes happen after a game has been activated.

It's great that you already contacted our support! When they come back to you, please make sure to mention that the demo of the game worked fine if you haven't done so already! I'm sure they'll get everything sorted for you as fast as possible!

Best of luck!

bfgBiwa

carnick
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by carnick on Jun 4, 13 1:14 PM
I am happy that they gave me a game credit, but I don't understand why it do not work because I just bought another game The Keepers The Orders Last Secret ce and the cpu is the same as Enigma, the ram is the same the direct x is the same and the hard drive is 1284 mb and Enigma is only 860 mb and the Keepers is working and Enigma is not. The problem must be with the game and not my computer.

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Jun 4, 13 1:27 PM
Hi carnick,

I'm happy to hear you were able to get another game! Though requirements may be similar, some games are developed a bit differently and can be more or less taxing on your computer to run. I'm sorry to hear this one wasn't working, but hopefully your next game is problem-free!

Happy gaming,

bfgSeine

dianaluna
Herring
Herring
339 Posts

long time to load between scenes

[Post New]by dianaluna on Jun 6, 13 3:20 PM
I just started playing the game. The problem is that the game goes to the "Load" screen every time I change location. The load time is 45 sec to 75 sec. It is a constant interruption. Is that how this game runs or do you think it is my computer?

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Jun 6, 13 3:25 PM
Hi dianaluna,

I know some load screens can take time to load, but it doesn't hurt to try updating your software programs and drivers. That might help get the game running a bit smoother. You can find information on doing that here on our help article if you'd like to give that a try:

If that's not helping, you might try asking our Tech Support Team about that, as they may be able to provide alternative things to try in order to get that working better.

I hope that helps,

bfgSeine

hytte
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by hytte on Jun 7, 13 9:17 AM
I can not finish the game as the tiles for opening the treasure chamber will not turn :o(

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jun 8, 13 2:54 AM
Hi hytte,

I haven't played this game yet so I am not too sure why you are having this trouble.

I would suggest having a look at the Enigma Agency: The Case of Shadows Walkthrough to see if you can glean any tips from that - sometimes making sure that you have done matches what is listed in the walkthrough can help matters.

Failing that, you could also give uninstalling and reinstalling the game a try to see if that helps as this is a sure fire way of smoothing out nay kinks in the game files.

If the problems persist and you feel like this may be a tech issue though, please feel free to get in touch with Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page, they will be glad to take a closer look at this with you.

Hoping this is helpful!

bfgBaikal

Edited on 06/12/2013 at 7:10:25 AM PST

[Post New]by nacymae on Jun 17, 13 7:12 PM
the hint button stopped working.....

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jun 18, 13 5:12 AM
HI nacymae,

I am sorry to hear that!

I would suggest uninstalling and reinstalling the game as that normally helps when a small part of a game stops working just like that.

If you are still having trouble though, you could try to update some of the elements that run this game as the computer having trouble running the game smoothly could be another cause of this.

If the issue continues, please do get in touch with Tech Support Team so we can have a closer look at this with you.

Hope this helps and best of luck!

bfgBaikal

underwriter
Herring
Herring
356 Posts

[Post New]by underwriter on Jun 22, 13 10:12 AM
I also had the demo work just fine but the full game, while it didn't exactly freeze, if was working so slowly I lost control of the mouse. I managed to get into options and select the system cursor, and that speeded it up, and interestingly I am still seeing the game cursors, so I didn't even lose any graphics. This may help someone else, or so I hope.

However, I am now at the point in the game where I have just picked up the mongoose and the lever (if you go to the walkthrough you will see I am ALMOST finished), but it was late, and I had obligations, and I had to close it. Now I have opened it again, and the Hint button no longer works (and I saw the post on this and I will uninstall and reinstall, haven't yet, I wanted to share first), but more importantly, the mongoose is gone! So I am at a dead stop. The mongoose has to be used right away before I can do anything else. I have had good results from re-starting with a new profile, but my gosh, that's a long trek to do if there is any other way to handle this. I'll check back after I try the uninstall/reinstall. Wish me luck.

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Jun 22, 13 10:25 AM
Hey there underwriter,

Thanks for letting us know what's going on in your game! I'm hopeful that uninstalling and reinstalling the game will fix the hint button as well as the mongoose disappearing.

If not, I would definitely recommend contacting our Tech Support Team. One of our reps would be happy to take a look at this and help sort out what's happening.

I'll keep my fins crossed that you will get back to playing your game soon!

bfgDeveron

underwriter
Herring
Herring
356 Posts

[Post New]by underwriter on Jun 22, 13 9:46 PM
Wow, bfgDeveron, you were faster than I was. Well, I uninstalled and reinstalled twice - the fiirst time I just uninstalled and reinstalled as the help article says; the second time I did a complete reboot between the uninstall and the reinstall. No working help, no mongoose. I probably should say that uninstall/reinstall has NEVER worked for me, with one exception: and that was a game where there had been an update since I first downloaded. Otherwise, my computer seems to get the install as right as it is going to be the first time.

A new profile did work. There were two scenes in which I consistently had mouse control problems (a mini-freeze?); specifically, the one with Rocky on the way to the garage and the one in the tunnel right after you get to Mexico which you go through to get to the bridge. The one with Rocky stopped mini-freezing after he got the meat and left but the one in the tunnel never did stop. Also, there were a couple of times, and I'm sorry I don't remember exactly when, when the help button stopped working temporarily. That sent me to the walkthough, and after I did a couple of steps from the walkthrough, the help button returned to functioning.

I did manage to finish the game without strangling Rocky or blowing up the tunnel. It did help that I made a decision to treat the issues as part of the game and not to let them lick me. I'm glad I did, since it was a good game. But I also totally can understand someone giving up with it if it gave them the same issues. If it helps, I ran it on a Windows 7 (pro) desktop, the super-flat one HP made for a while which is so compressed there is no room for expansion slots so I couldn't upgrade my graphics even if I tried.

[Post New]by echohawk on Jul 12, 13 5:50 PM
I have recently started "Enigma Agency: The Case of Shadows" and am not very far into the game. Neither the game or the computer seem to be "locked up" but I am nevertheless "stuck" in "The Study". Although the "hand" cursor is visible and active, I cannot use it to select anything on the screen except the "Map" and the "Menu". I also cannot "exit" to the previous location or select the "Inventory". Given that I can select the "Menu", that allows me to exit the game.

[Post New]by raluferesteanu on Aug 10, 13 5:15 AM
i have the same problem

Mac_too
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by Mac_too on Aug 18, 13 6:13 AM
Like other posters, I can't turn the tiles to the treasury and the hint button has stopped working.

Go to: