bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

Post any Detective Agency 3: Ghost Painting technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Jun 3, 13 12:33 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

DixieKat
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

Re:Post any Detective Agency 3: Ghost Painting technical issues here only

[Post New]by DixieKat on Jun 3, 13 5:49 AM
no sound to the game

annmba
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by annmba on Jun 3, 13 8:01 AM
hint button stopped working

jmsjws
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by jmsjws on Jun 3, 13 11:24 AM
hint button stopped working, never get fully refilled

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Jun 3, 13 11:43 AM
Hi Fishies,

Thanks for letting us know about the hint button not working. We'll be looking into that, and in the meantime, it may help to quickly uninstall and reinstall the game to get the button working again. You can find information on reinstalling your game here on our help article:

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

DixieKat, reinstalling the game, as mentioned above, may also help with sound issues you're experiencing. If the recommendations here aren't helping, our Tech Support Team will be happy to assist you further so you can enjoy the game.

I hope that helps!

bfgSeine

tj1147
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

[Post New]by tj1147 on Jun 3, 13 2:31 PM
Near the very beginning of the game, I got the newspaper from the hanging jacket but it didn't go into inventory. Now when I try to get the key from the wrong side of the door, I have nothing to lay on the floor to catch the key when it falls. If the newspaper is what I need, then I'm stuck! Exited and restarted game...no help.

Figured out what I needed to do...problem solved!

Edited on 06/03/2013 at 3:03:35 PM PST

suzee52
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by suzee52 on Jun 3, 13 3:46 PM
Hint button stopped working @ around 20-25 minutes left of the free trial game. Noticed others are having the same problem - technical issue??

lisarossi
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

[Post New]by lisarossi on Jun 3, 13 4:24 PM
Hint stop working I uninstall the game and install again but I have the same prolem

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Jun 3, 13 4:47 PM
Hi suzee52 and lisarossi,

Thanks for letting us know about that. We're looking into what might be causing that to happen, and encourage anyone experiencing that problem to let our Tech Support Team know. With your help, they can look into that issue and hopefully get it resolved quickly.

I hope that helps,

bfgSeine

RaceCat3
Marlin
Marlin
9,644 Posts

[Post New]by RaceCat3 on Jun 3, 13 7:45 PM
Hint button quit working for me about 20 minutes left in the demo, also. No hint button, no buy.

bratzgram
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

[Post New]by bratzgram on Jun 3, 13 9:02 PM
My troubles with this were different from the others. I am using a 2 week old laptop with very high speed wireless and I haven't had this happen on a game since dial up

To start with I can't get any sound. I couldn't play the intro or cut scenes. I waited for a couples minutes each time and tried to click thru but eventually had to skip and even then I thought my laptop had frozen up. I encountered pretty much the same problem when switching scenes. I would get black screen for about 15 sec before it changed.

Last but not least was the jumpy cursor! Not only did it jump around but at times disappear completely.

Now to tj1147 I found it strange that paper disappeared to Glad you figured that out. It had me stumped for a minute to.

One other thing that confused me at first was trying to slide the inventory! It's backwards!

I would really like a chance to play this demo when things work correctly. It looks like one I may really like.

Edited on 06/03/2013 at 9:07:09 PM PST

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Jun 4, 13 2:53 AM
Heya bratzgram,

I'm really sorry to hear about the problems you are experiencing even though your laptop is brand new.

It could be that some of the drivers could do with a little update as many new lartops don't have the newest drivers installed. This happens because they drivers are installed at the time the laptop is manufactured but often they spent quite some time before they are actually sold. You can find some easy steps to make sure if everything is up-to-date by clicking here.

If this doesn’t help, our Technical Support will be more than happy to have a further look at this with you so you can enjoy your game again! To get help faster it would be a great help if you could include a Dr. Felix report. You can contact them 24/7 by clicking on the green envelope at the top-right of this page. On the next page you can find the Contact Us link on the bottom-left.

If you are a member of our Big Fish Game Club you can contact us without waiting through our Live-Chat, which is open for you Monday – Friday from 7:30 am – 4:30 pm PST.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

Janeypat
Minnow
Minnow
262 Posts

[Post New]by Janeypat on Jun 4, 13 5:54 AM
After about 20 mins or so the hint button stopped working - see that others have this problem as well.
Will there be a solution - please

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Jun 5, 13 6:26 AM
Heya Janeypat,

I'm sorry to see you are encountering the problems with the hint button as well.

We are currently looking into these problems so if you would like to help us speed this up so we can get the game up and running, please get in touch with our Tech Support Team and attach a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report to your message.

This way they will be able to investigate the issue as fast as possible to get a fix here .

Thank you!

bfgBiwa

userfree
Guppy
Guppy
168 Posts

[Post New]by userfree on Jun 5, 13 5:18 PM
Hint button stopped working after 20 minutes of demo. See there are plenty others with the same problem, so doesn't seem to be a personal computer issue. Have contacted tech support and sent a Dr Felix file.

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Jun 6, 13 5:47 AM
Heya userfree,

Thanks a lot for sending everything on to our Tech Support Team! We are definitely looking into this to make sure we can get a fix going as soon as possible!

bfgBiwa

lornaovenden1
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by lornaovenden1 on Jun 6, 13 8:47 AM
I cannot pick up the lock pick to open the door on the right in the dining room, is this a technical issue - anyone else having the same problem?

sexxygamma
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by sexxygamma on Jun 6, 13 12:20 PM
Everytime I push the play game button the BFG Manager closes then my screen starts to flash and game does not start,and I have uninstalled/installed and it still flashes what's up??!!

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Jun 6, 13 1:45 PM
Hi sexxygamma,

When that happens, it can sometimes help to disable Windows Aero if you're playing on a Windows operating system. You can find more information about trying that here on our help article:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If that's not helping, our Tech Support Team will be happy to look into that for you.

lornaovenden1, though I haven't seen other reports of that, it may help to uninstall and reinstall the game. You can find information about that on this help article here:

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

As mentioned above, if that doesn't help, please get in touch with our Tech Support Team so they can take a closer look at that for you.

I hope that helps!

bfgSeine

[Post New]by Betty_hines on Jun 7, 13 2:24 PM
I got the key by using the rope with the magnet...

Go to: