PookieJR
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

Brilliant ... Ignore the naysayers!

[Post New]by PookieJR on Mar 2, 09 2:31 AM
This is the best I've played to date. Lots of layers and cross-clues. I love that. And the graphics were superb. So clear. And most of the items actually looked like what they were supposed to be! (Not always true in these games.) Even the few (very few) "dark" screens could be brightened by tipping the flatscreen a little forward at the top. And not a single "match the pairs" puzzle. Hooraaay! I hate those. Now if I could just save a hint for that one last random item I always have trouble with on each level. And you say a sequel?? I'll be first in line. Fun and rewarding way to spend a cold rainy day.

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

Re:Brilliant ... Ignore the naysayers!

[Post New]by govegril on Mar 2, 09 2:52 AM
I can't wait for the sequel this game is so good.

I never had a problem with using up hints however I play relax mode so I guess that is why a non issue for me.

The puzzles in this games are just right- not ridiculously hard- they can all be solved with applying logic and the clues. (Maybe a tad easy for expert puzzlers)
The length of the game is really good - it took about 8 hours to play - again a relaxed mode viewpoint.

Yes some objects are hard to find and the usual HO problem of a bag being a bag/purse and a cup being a cup/mug or whatever (just examples not literal) and of course there are butterflies and screws to find LOL

This game gets a 10/10 from me and look forward to more games such as this in future.

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Mar 2, 09 3:38 AM
Totally agree! Wonderful game. AND replay value is excellent. Do the characters remind anyone else of Madame Fate?

Anniejo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,109 Posts

[Post New]by Anniejo on Mar 2, 09 3:44 AM
Brilliant Game, on my 2nd go, all different things to find. It does remind me of Madam Fate, another brilliant game.

forensicMD
Clownfish
Clownfish
529 Posts

[Post New]by forensicMD on Mar 6, 09 1:46 PM
Count me in on this viewpoint. To me, this is the best game I have played since I returned to gaming about 18 months ago! I do think the MCF games were great also. I agree that some scenes were a tad dark. (I assume it is a problem easily fixed by the creator.)

I am helping a friend who is having some problems with the puzzles, but she loves it also. We do it together on the phone and, once she understands how each puzzle works, she does really well. For her, it is a matter of understanding just what the puzzle requires before the answer can be found. She does better than I on many of the HO's!

frunny
Guppy
Guppy
185 Posts

[Post New]by frunny on Mar 6, 09 2:37 PM
I love this thread!

Thanian
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by Thanian on Mar 6, 09 2:41 PM
frunny wrote:I love this thread!

LOL!!! Me too!

[Post New]by erieskimmer on Mar 6, 09 3:07 PM
I also thought of Madame Fate when I was playing this game. Did you notice on the side of a carnival wagon (I think that's what it was) it said "The Crystal Ball Shows it All" or words to that effect? I could practically hear Madame Fate's melodious voice prompting me LOL

Debbie387
Minnow
Minnow
253 Posts

[Post New]by Debbie387 on Mar 6, 09 9:48 PM
Agree with everyone so far, I loved this one too! Can't wait for the sequel. Challenging but not impossible, great graphics, also has a skip puzzle feature too which I like.

Mojave_Rain
Shark
Shark
10,693 Posts

[Post New]by Mojave_Rain on Mar 6, 09 10:04 PM
Can't say how much I agree with all that's been said and yes Debbie; love the skip puzzle feature. Not only that but I thought the dim scenes made for fabulous atmosphere and didn't have undue trouble finding things in them either, I have to sit up and lean forward for any HO game so this was no different for me.

Anyway wonderful game and I thank the first posters here, when I read this thread I thought what the hey I'll buy it lol, so glad I did!

frunny
Guppy
Guppy
185 Posts

[Post New]by frunny on Mar 7, 09 1:37 PM
Do you think that traveling in the train and visiting different cities makes this game different from others?

BinLA
Stingray
Stingray
5,914 Posts

[Post New]by BinLA on Mar 7, 09 2:46 PM
I liked going to different cities, but a lot of HO games go to different areas. I don't think I pay that much attention to the location, just how well and cleverly the items are hidden and if there are challenging mini games (i.e, no spot-the-difference or put-this-easy-picture-back-together-again type puzzles). I did like that the travel was linear, i.e., you were on the train, had to finish everything, then you were in a city and had to finish everything, but you still had to find objects and do puzzles in one scene so you could complete a task in another scene. So you had to be a little more clever to figure everything out, instead of just clicking on stuff, moving to the next scene, clicking on more stuff, etc.

I loved Return to Ravenhearst, but sometimes I got tired of running around the whole place, having to visit the same places over and over again, so I appreciated that once I was done with an area in this game, I was done with it.

Mojave_Rain
Shark
Shark
10,693 Posts

[Post New]by Mojave_Rain on Mar 7, 09 3:43 PM
I liked the traveling aspect because that way I knew that even though I might have to repeat some of the scenes in the train itself, at the next destination I would be certain to find all new scenes.

I still want a calendar or prints, such great graphics!

[Post New]by fish2chips on Mar 7, 09 4:27 PM
I agree,it is fantastic! give it a try you will be amazed!!

amj0963
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,544 Posts

[Post New]by amj0963 on Mar 7, 09 4:44 PM
i also loved this game not too challenging but just challenging enough to keep you playing. so i give this one 10 tentacles up. lol

Go to: