bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Post any Namariel Legends: Iron Lord technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jun 5, 13 12:36 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Re:Post any Namariel Legends: Iron Lord technical issues here only

[Post New]by kris_cross48 on Jun 5, 13 3:41 AM
I also bought the game from the original site and had a love.y time until towards the end where there Is a huge glitch. Many people have written to the developer, lots of info sent to them but no fix yet. I'm wondering if this will happen here too, hope not. This is a known glitch/bug that you can't play through...the game shouldn't be for sale unless. It is fixed,
Good luck
Kris

thistle809
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by thistle809 on Jun 5, 13 5:32 AM
I am another of the ranks that bought this from the developer (great sale last weekend). When I ran into the glitch that I think others have encountered (desk in Uncle's cell just after he has been freed), I contacted the developer. I was told that the game was actually made by their "partner" (watch closely when you launch the game for another company's name after the "baby dragon" screen) and they would have to wait for a solution to the problem. I, too, sent a lot of info in the hope that it would help find a solution. The really depressing part is that the glitch is almost at the end of the regular game. I have encountered glitches in other games and it is so aggravating to have to play from the beginning when a new build is released.

BFG needs to be prepared for a lot of very unhappy customers when people get to this point in the game. It is not a spot where you can skip something and move on. You cannot complete the game due to this glitch. Even if a new build is released, anyone who has gotten to this point is stuck and will have to begin again. Someone at BFG should play games all the way through before they are released to your customers.

Edited on 06/05/2013 at 5:53:33 AM PST

[Post New]by ghostguide2002 on Jun 5, 13 5:46 AM
Count me in too! I too bought this game (CE version) and I'm stuck in Chapter 8.
I received an email today from the developer ... no fix yet! Could be sometime before a fix is out.

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Jun 5, 13 6:21 AM
Heya Fishies,

Thank you for pointing this glitch out to us! While we always make sure to test our games thoroughly, please keep in mind that a game will react to the software that is installed on each computer differently and a glitch that you experience might not have appeared in our test surrounding.

If you encounter this glitch, please make sure to get in touch with our Tech Support Team even if you have contacted the developer before. Our Tech Team will then be able to look into this further, which in turn will help the developers to get this fixed as they will get a fresh set of information! Please also make sure to attach a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report to your message to make sure that all the information is available right away .

Thank you so much!

bfgBiwa

thistle809
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by thistle809 on Jun 5, 13 7:14 AM
bfgBiwa wrote:Heya Fishies,

Thank you for pointing this glitch out to us! While we always make sure to test our games thoroughly, please keep in mind that a game will react to the software that is installed on each computer differently and a glitch that you experience might not have appeared in our test surrounding.

If you encounter this glitch, please make sure to get in touch with our <a href=" http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/144284.page ">Tech Support Team</a> even if you have contacted the developer before. Our Tech Team will then be able to look into this further, which in turn will help the developers to get this fixed as they will get a fresh set of information! Please also make sure to attach a <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1688>Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report</a> to your message to make sure that all the information is available right away .

Thank you so much!

bfgBiwa

bfgBiwa Thank you for the information, but this is a genuine, real "things were not done correctly" situation. Everyone who reaches this point in the game will be unable to progress until and unless a new build is released. "Baby Dragon" dev is waiting for a solution from their "partner" (the one with the little Native American "wise medicine man" logo).

[Post New]by stricklands on Jun 5, 13 9:37 AM
hi doesn't play on hdtv

henniet
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by henniet on Jun 5, 13 11:03 AM
I can`t get the rat reaching the finish. When I try to ship the game, it doe`sn`t work. I can`t get on with the game now.

INGamePlayer
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by INGamePlayer on Jun 5, 13 1:53 PM
I'm interested in knowing if this game plays full-screen for anybody. I have tried several different resolution settings on my monitor, tried toggling the game's "wide screen" and "full screen" options on and off: nothing makes any difference. I get a fully-stretched picture filling my screen horizontally, but have large black bars at the top and bottom.

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Jun 5, 13 1:59 PM
INGamePlayer wrote:I'm interested in knowing if this game plays full-screen for anybody. I have tried several different resolution settings on my monitor, tried toggling the game's "wide screen" and "full screen" options on and off: nothing makes any difference. I get a fully-stretched picture filling my screen horizontally, but have large black bars at the top and bottom.

It automatically opened in full screen for me. Not stretched. I have a 17 inch laptop.

cmh47
Guppy
Guppy
100 Posts

[Post New]by cmh47 on Jun 5, 13 3:16 PM
thistle809 wrote:
bfgBiwa wrote:Heya Fishies,

If you encounter this glitch, please make sure to get in touch with our <a href=" http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/144284.page ">Tech Support Team</a> even if you have contacted the developer before. Our Tech Team will then be able to look into this further, which in turn will help the developers to get this fixed as they will get a fresh set of information! Please also make sure to attach a <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1688>Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report</a> to your message to make sure that all the information is available right away .

Thank you so much!

bfgBiwa

bfgBiwa Thank you for the information, but this is a genuine, real "things were not done correctly" situation. Everyone who reaches this point in the game will be unable to progress until and unless a new build is released. "Baby Dragon" dev is waiting for a solution from their "partner" (the one with the little Native American "wise medicine man" logo).

cmh47
Guppy
Guppy
100 Posts

[Post New]by cmh47 on Jun 5, 13 3:18 PM
I don't know what you mean by glitch. I have just finished playing the game with no problems at all.

[Post New]by ghostguide2002 on Jun 5, 13 4:24 PM
Maybe the glitch is only with the CE edition??? I'm just curious .... how many chapters does the standard edition have. The problem I'm having is in Chapter 8, but it is the C.E. Not purchased from BF.

Robcol
Minnow
Minnow
207 Posts

[Post New]by Robcol on Jun 5, 13 5:29 PM
I HAVE LOVED THIS GAME; BUT, HAVE REACHED A POINT WHERE I CAN'T PROGRESS. FRUSTRATING.

ADDITIONALLY, THE GAME WILL NOT PLAY IN FULL SCREEN.

Mhhu
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,439 Posts

[Post New]by Mhhu on Jun 5, 13 5:51 PM
I have not even had a chance to play the demo yet but I am (was?) looking forward to this new game. Upon the release of Dreamscapes, [Removed by Moderator] were listening to the reviews/comments in the pond, complaining their game was not released as a CE (all the better for fishies and yes BFG are keeping a tight control ). So If the devs are listening again I would say: S... game studios, get your act together! Some fishies here love your productions, save them the frustrations! Don't rush it, fine tune it!

Eta to add: I have not even had a chance to demo yet. It may well be that the BFG version is OK, still...

Edited on 06/06/2013 at 3:49:54 AM PST

Rumbitothecore
Shark
Shark
13,560 Posts

[Post New]by Rumbitothecore on Jun 6, 13 3:45 AM
I just want to say that I had no glitches in the game BF is offering. I've played right to the end credits without a problem. So the glitch must only be with the CE bought from the developers

It also fills all my screen... try unchecking widescreen or full screen in the options to see if that works.

Edited on 06/06/2013 at 4:27:27 AM PST

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jun 6, 13 3:52 AM
Hi Fishies!

For the different performance issues that have been discussed, I would recommend checking to see if you can run any graphical updates, as even a few simple updates can make a vast improvement to how the game runs and displays for you. The help article here will help you to do that.

If you know that your computer is up to date and would like some more specific advice on this, please contact our Tech Support Team, they will be happy to look more closely at what is going on here for you.

Thank you!

bfgBaikal

grammy1957
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by grammy1957 on Jun 6, 13 4:17 AM
Not a buy for me till all the "glitches" are fixed. I was thrown out, had to reboot & got a major system error when I started my pc this morning. This is the third game in a row there are problems. Will wait for an update. Tired of sending Dr. Felix reports especially when there are posts stating it's a developer issue.

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Jun 6, 13 5:45 AM
Heya grammy1957,

I can definitely understand how frustrating this must be for you, I'm really sorry for that!

While it makes sense that you wouldn't like to send a Dr. Felix report for a glitch in the game, please keep on mind that these reports help our Tech Support Team to gather the necessary information to find the cause of the glitch. This can then be forwarded to the developer to make sure that our Fishies can get a fix as soon as possible.

Thanks for having contacted us before!

bfgBiwa

stingstungme
Minnow
Minnow
216 Posts

[Post New]by stingstungme on Jun 6, 13 10:05 AM
henniet wrote:I can`t get the rat reaching the finish. When I try to ship the game, it doe`sn`t work. I can`t get on with the game now.

That isn't a tech issue.

If your rat is going back and forth on the screen then just exit the screen.

To reach the remote in the bottom left hand corner, the rat must pass over ALL of the colored buttons.

I thought I could bypass one but you can't.

I would go more in detail but I've closed the game and there isn't any way for me to go exactly to that puzzle.

Go to: