bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Reviews for Namariel Legends: Iron Lord

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jun 5, 13 12:38 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Namariel Legends: Iron Lord ? We’d love to hear all about it, as would many of the other fishies in our pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the Namariel Legends: Iron Lord page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgBaikal

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Re:Reviews for Namariel Legends: Iron Lord

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jun 5, 13 12:38 AM
Hi Fishies,

I just wanted to add to the OP: This thread has been reserved for reviews only.

If you have any questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game) please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post as this can develop into a discussion that is not suitable to the review thread.

While the reviews in this thread are first and foremost helpful to other players, they also tell us and all who were involved in making this game, what you liked/disliked most, what you’d like to see more/less of in future games, etc. This can only help us in continuing to provide better games, which is what we all want!

We want to ensure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, so the Moderation Team will be proactively removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews) that pop up in this thread.

For any non-review related posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.

Thank you!

bfgBaikal

Zariajewel
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by Zariajewel on Jun 5, 13 1:04 AM
Downloaded this game....graphics were a mess! Like the game came out of a blender, couldn't see anything. Trashed it and gonna try reloading....cross your fingers lol

[Post New]by elvenstardragon on Jun 5, 13 1:48 AM
Whats with the continuous 'loading'. It's like going back to a time when things were constantly 'buffering'. It's very annoying and stops the flow of the game. Every scene or part of a scene has to 'load' itself and it's part of the game not my computer.
The loading arrow is built in and part of the graphics. It could have been a good game and I usually like this Dev's games but I not so sure of this game.
Which is sad because SE games are becoming an endangered species.

Why are BF giving Coupon Codes if the're not going to give us games to use them on.
At present moment I have 9 Coupon Codes to use and not enough games to use them on. I lost one at the end of last month because there was nothing I wanted. I only buy HOG games.
Come on BF what's the point in being a member. Why can't we use them toward a CE game. I coupon code + 1 credit or 1 coupon code + price of a SE game?

I've put this last rant in this thread because I have no idea how to start a 'Comments' thread.

Edited on 06/05/2013 at 1:59:35 AM PST

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jun 5, 13 2:01 AM
Morning, afternoon, and evening, all...

This is not a HOG, but a Punk-Steam Adventure game.

There are 2 gameplay modes: Regular, Expert.

There is a choice of large custom or normal-size system cursor. If you use the system cursor, it will not change when you hover over hot spots.

There is widescreen.

There is voice-over.

Your Diary is at the left.

Below the Diary is the Menu button.

At the right is your Hint button, which shows you exactly what to do and where, and refills quickly in Regular mode.

Your Mind-Reading machine is also at the right.

There is also a "Back" arrow button, which can be used instead of going to the bottom of the screen to exit a close-up scene.

The Inventory can be locked to stay open or unlocked to disappear until needed.

Puzzles can be skipped. The SKIP button takes less than a minute to fill.

There are Achievements, which can be found on the Main Menu page, and there are no sparklies that I have seen, even in Regular mode.

Forgot to mention: You can also use your cursor to move left and right. There is more to some of the scenes than you see. So be sure to use your cursor to see if there is more.

--- --- ---

I love the graphics, I love the gameplay, I love everything about it. It's a buy for me.

Edited on 06/05/2013 at 2:31:32 AM PST

Martyheinz
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,130 Posts

[Post New]by Martyheinz on Jun 5, 13 2:09 AM
I completely agree with Valdy. This is a delightful little game. Not dark and dreary. There are no vampires or witches. Naturally there are "baddies" . The artwork is pleasant. I have no problems finding items. The interaction is interesting and while the puzzles are not hard, up to this point, they are a pleasant change. No telling as the game progresses if they will get harder. The "mindreader" tool is a nice change. It is a definite buy for me and I encourage you to try it. You might like something a bit different!

equusjoy
Minnow
Minnow
243 Posts

[Post New]by equusjoy on Jun 5, 13 2:10 AM
This looks like such a neat game but I am lost already. Sure the hint shows you what you need but it doesn't help at all. I see a captured tail but I don't have anything to help. I am so frustrated because this looks like it could be a really cool game.

crispypot
Minnow
Minnow
272 Posts

[Post New]by crispypot on Jun 5, 13 2:44 AM
equusjoy wrote:This looks like such a neat game but I am lost already. Sure the hint shows you what you need but it doesn't help at all. I see a captured tail but I don't have anything to help. I am so frustrated because this looks like it could be a really cool game.
Hi equusjoy, do you mean ur little squirrel friends tail ???? it is caught in a spring ? just grab the spring and pull it off hope that helps and where you were stuck

gryhndlvr
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

[Post New]by gryhndlvr on Jun 5, 13 2:44 AM
I kind of like this game. It is different, steam punk, with little robot helpers.
Graphics are a bit washed out at times, and it is not hard to play.
But why was it not offered as a CE, like it is on the devs website? Doesn't matter. I still enjoy this game. Not having to fight the dark and eerie is refreshing

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Jun 5, 13 2:44 AM
Played the whole demo, regular

- 2 modes, regular, expert

- Voice overs

- Notebook

- No map

- 12 achievements to be gained throughout the game

- Shortly after starting the game you assemble a mind reading device. It goes at the bottom right of your screen, pretty useful with animals !

- A little later you get a little robot who will help you through tricky situations, it goes at the bottom left of your screen, next to the notebook

- Hint is extremely useful

- No H0

- Mini games are good and not over difficult

- Good graphics

- I got black bars at the top and bottom of my screen

A peaceful kingdom is attacked by an iron army, only the baby princess escape the castle. With the help of your uncle you try to save the kingdom and the prisoners. A very nice game, which is a nice change. Well worth a punch card credit.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jun 5, 13 2:49 AM
Hi Fishies,

Just swimming by with a quick reminder to reserve this thread for reviews only.

Tech issues can be discussed here and if you would like to chit chat about the game, pop over to the Comments for Namariel Legends: Iron Lord thread.

And just to mention, if you see that a game Forum does not have a comments thread for the game, feel free to start one yourself! A good tip is that starting off the title 'Comments for Game XYZ' will help Fishies recognise the thread for what it is.

bfgBaikal

Nilosh
Clownfish
Clownfish
590 Posts

[Post New]by Nilosh on Jun 5, 13 3:07 AM
Wow! I cant believe I almost missed this gem. A great little adventure without any HO scenes. I have missed those.

A terrible Iron Lord along with his army of mechanical soldiers have taken oveer the Kingdom of Namerial, killing both the King and Queen. The only one to have ecaped is their infant dayghter and 18 years later, our adventure begins and it is now up to sto save our land and fight the forces with the help of our dear little robot Jim. An Exciting adventures without any HO scenes, many puzzles to solve and entertaining mini-games to play.Graphics are 2D animation that are bright in color and sharp. Voice-overs are well animated as is the music that keeps the sence of urgency throughout the game.

Game feature two play modes, no sparkles but helpful hints do po?nt the way. A cute little robot is at your side who will fetch objects that are out of reach. You also have a mind reader gizmo that will read the minds of animals and unusual characters along the way.I loved the demo and cant wait to start over. The game is both somewhat challenging but not so much that you would need a SG. There are lots to do and achievements to earn. I almost missed this one and really am surprise that it was offered yesterday. These developers almost never disappoint! I have all these free game credits and nothing comes along worth spending one. Now pff to buy!

thistle809
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by thistle809 on Jun 5, 13 5:52 AM
I purchased this game from the developers (baby dragon logo) during a sale (less for the CE than members here pay for an SE) for those signed up for their updates. It will not open in full screen. Although the Options menu has both Wide Screen and Full Screen selections, it will only open in Wide Screen (black bars at the top and bottom of the screen). When I contacted the "Baby Dragon" about this, their response was that their partner did the actual programming (watch closely when you launch the game for another company's name after the baby dragon screen) and could not change that feature.

Also, be advised that there is a glitch near the end of the regular game that will stop you. There are others in this same situation (see Tech Issues thread). "Baby dragon's" reply to my Customer Support request was that they have forwarded this information to their "partner" and will have to wait for a solution.

I emailed the dev to ask if the release on BFG was a new buld and the repsonse I received a few minutes ago is that "Baby Dragon" is unaware of this release. It is not a new build and would contain the glitch. They are still waiting for a solution from their "partner".

The graphics are good, the storyline is interesting and the characters are fun. As some others have mentioned, you see "Loading" when going from scene to scene. Some of the interactive controls are a bit sluggish (e.g., lead your robot through a maze while dodging "obstacles"). It could have been a quite superior game with a bit of effort and polish. (The glitch notwithstanding.)

Edited on 06/05/2013 at 7:01:11 AM PST

[Post New]by bookgirl62 on Jun 5, 13 5:59 AM
Wow, as my username implies, I usually just read. In four years, I have posted a single time, but Valdy's and Nilosh's reviews made me take a look at this game. (Nilosh, I usually read only your reviews on the "front page", along with Poutoule's when posted, too). Valdy, your reviews, along with a few other "evolved" members, are a joy to read here in the forums. And both of your comments on this very wonderful game are the reason! Looking at the cyborg-ish cover art, I would never have done the trial, much less purchased this game, and that would have been sad.

About 18 minutes into the trial, the wonderful, clear and colorful graphic art and game mechanics, as well as the story, had me entranced and then using my last PCC. The feel of the game is light, but the gameplay is cerebral, but not punishingly so. After four years, I realized that I have never deliberately purchased a non-HOG, iHOG, or HOPA, until today (except for Chuzzles, but that is the skeleton in my closet) and I love it!

Thank you to all long-time fishies for your reliable, honest and informative reviews over the years; today's reviews, as usual, were dead on. I would recommend this game to anyone who enjoys the adventure/puzzle parts of games and likes or doesn't mind a moderately rendered steampunk theme.

[Post New]by daisyduck352 on Jun 5, 13 2:24 PM
Thought I was going to like game but after playing it for awhile, got tired of the arrows going to right or left and little Jim just didn't help me much. Must be my age? It won't be a buy for me, have some credits but will wait, thought this might be the one as it was different.

sunnyglow
Clownfish
Clownfish
804 Posts

[Post New]by sunnyglow on Jun 5, 13 11:13 PM
Almost missed this one! Toiling away trying to make deadlines, I found this little gem by BF. Cannot wait to play this game when I get a little more time. Absolutely wonderful. I love the storyline, the graphics are great, there are voice overs. What else could you ask for an SE. Thanks BF for a nice game in the middle of the week. And, yeh! No HOG scenes. I will treasure this little chestnut even if the CE games this week are the same old, same old.

lym_1609
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
431 Posts

[Post New]by lym_1609 on Jun 5, 13 11:13 PM
This is a great game, fants graphics, 3d life like characters, detailed painted scenery, easy to mind boogling puzzles ( at least the 1st mini puzzles of fitting the birds with their respective feathers and wings was quite confusing, I thought I was done after fixing the feathers, then realised that why the tail feathers were different from the plumage on their chest, and realised further that I had to also switch tails and heads). But I got one wrong (the bird wont light up even if u are right, u just kinda of hear a click sound. Even when its right, it will allow u to click and switch those parts again until every bird is correctly placed with their feathers, head and tail

LOVE IT, but would be great if there is walkthrough, although hints recharged very fast, just wanted to have a peek esp for puzzles

Sept24
Guppy
Guppy
151 Posts

[Post New]by Sept24 on Jun 6, 13 12:42 AM
I almost missed this one too. Based on the demo, I love it. Bought it as soon as my hour was up. Love the graphics, the puzzles and the story is interesting. I really like all the robotics and putting them together too see what they will do. I am a little worried about the fact that someone mentioned a glitch. Didn't need it in the demo, but I hope I won't be stuck somewhere wishing for a walkthrough.

[Post New]by bookgirl62 on Jun 6, 13 6:28 PM
Sept24, I have played for several non-consecutive hours and have had no error messages or glitches but lots of engaging and pretty challenging play. The hint button is really useful and the little robot helper is fun to use when his abilities are available. Looking at the Iron Lord cover art, you would never guess that there would be a companion animal as cute as Aira (sp?), would you? As far as the glitch, if you peek at the technical issues forum, you might be relieved to see that it may be that the only real software or hardware origin problem is with the CE version purchased from the developers website. Happy Gaming!

Sept24
Guppy
Guppy
151 Posts

[Post New]by Sept24 on Jun 7, 13 12:31 AM
Thanks for the info bookgirl. Not having a glitch to look forward to is very good news. I am looking forward to starting this from the beginning when I finish the game I am currently playing (games). I skipped a couple of things so I could check out more of the demo and then when I buy I just start from the beginning and take my time.

Go to: