LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

Achievements – has anyone gotten all of them?

[Post New]by LizzieK on Jun 5, 13 7:41 AM
I am curious if anyone has been able to get all of the achievements in this game. This is not a topic about technical problems in the game. It is about the difficulty and challenge of attaining the achievements.

I have not been able to get Sandman by playing The Old Lady’s Shadow. It is in the bonus game and it looks like it has to be completed in 45 seconds the first time you play it in the game. It seems that you can’t get the achievement if you complete it in under 45 seconds while playing in the Gallery. (Update: I played this game several more times and I would only get this one Achievement by solving the mini-game while in the game itself. It could not be done in the Gallery like some of the other mini-game achievements.)

I also haven’t gotten Careful Reader and Chatty. I have seen one person post in the forum that they got Chatty but I haven’t seen anyone post that they got Careful Reader. (Update: After several more tries, I got the Chatty and Careful Reader achievements.)

I am thinking about playing the game again but if no one has been able to get all of the achievements then I probably won’t try it again. Has anyone been able to get these achievements?

I would be really nice if the game developers would let us know which of the achievements have to be completed the first time the puzzle is played. Some of them can be done by playing them again in the Gallery but some of them can’t. It would be nice to know which of the puzzles we have a second chance to achieve in the Gallery. (Update - You can get the puzzle achievements in the Gallery with the exception of Sandman.)

Edited on 06/14/2013 at 7:52:05 PM PST

FudgeChi
Flounder
Flounder
2,380 Posts

Re:Achievements – has anyone gotten all of them?

[Post New]by FudgeChi on Jun 5, 13 8:43 AM
YES!!! Finally got them ALL just now! So it is possible. it took me 5 profiles though and days of playing. At least I got my money's worth!

Tips:

Chatty - Just make sure you talk to everyone until they repeat, it's very easy to miss a tiny conversation. Look out for magnifying glass and ? marks.

Careful reader - Make sure you look at every single diary page for more than 5 seconds.

In-game - Make sure you collect all the acorns, fruit and morphing objects of course.

Make sure you leave the hamster in the wheel for at least 5 minutes.

Most other achievements come naturally.

Getting 3 stars on the hidden objects can be done from the bonus area and after my second time of trying for this achievement it seemed fairly easy to do them in the time!

Now regarding the puzzles from the bonus area if you don't get them in-game. They CAN be achieved from there. The trick is to quit the game and then hit play again and try a puzzle. If you get it the first time then, the achievement will be awarded. If you miss, then quit and play it again until you do it first time. The achievements for these do say do the puzzle the first time so it's no good trying over unless you quit the game and try again. Took me ages to figure that out!!!

Good luck

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Jun 5, 13 9:22 AM
Oh FudgeChi what wonderful tips! Thank you!

I may try one more time to get the Chatty and Careful Reader. The last time I played I read the diary pages for more than 5 seconds so I was quite surprised that I didn't get the Careful Reader.

These are certainly the most difficult achievements that I have ever seen in a game. But you are right about getting your money's worth. I do prefer achievements that are difficult as opposed to the ones that are almost automatically given for just playing the game.

FudgeChi
Flounder
Flounder
2,380 Posts

[Post New]by FudgeChi on Jun 5, 13 10:53 AM
You can do it LizzieK. Just don't miss a single page of the diary and make sure you collect those note type posters as they go into your diary too to read. Maybe that's what you missed.
I love the hardness of the achievements Best I've ever seen or played
You can do it I know

sionnach_dhu
Herring
Herring
305 Posts

[Post New]by sionnach_dhu on Jun 7, 13 4:38 PM
FudgeChi wrote:YES!!! Finally got them ALL just now! So it is possible. it took me 5 profiles though and days of playing. At least I got my money's worth!

Tips:

Chatty - Just make sure you talk to everyone until they repeat, it's very easy to miss a tiny conversation. Look out for magnifying glass and ? marks.

Question - did you listen to all the soundtrack dialog when you did this? I don't seem to be able to get the achievement (have played the game to the end 3x), and I'm not sure if I'm missing somebody/thing I need to talk to, or if it's because I've clicked through after READING the dialog without listening to the voice read it a few times.

FudgeChi
Flounder
Flounder
2,380 Posts

[Post New]by FudgeChi on Jun 8, 13 12:54 AM
I always have sound on but I don't think that would affect it. Make sure you click Ethan right at the end when he's at the glimmer tree, I missed doing that in 3 of my profiles.

FudgeChi
Flounder
Flounder
2,380 Posts

[Post New]by FudgeChi on Jun 8, 13 9:57 AM
To be sure on my fourth profile I let them finish speaking before clicking!!!! better safe than sorry

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Jun 12, 13 12:14 PM
FudgeChi wrote:
Now regarding the puzzles from the bonus area if you don't get them in-game. They CAN be achieved from there. The trick is to quit the game and then hit play again and try a puzzle. If you get it the first time then, the achievement will be awarded. If you miss, then quit and play it again until you do it first time. The achievements for these do say do the puzzle the first time so it's no good trying over unless you quit the game and try again. Took me ages to figure that out!!!

Good luck
This technique of exiting the game and trying to complete a puzzle in the Gallery works for some of the puzzles. Unfortunately it does not work for the Achievement Sandman, which is in the bonus game where you play The Old Lady’s Shadow mini-game. This mini-game has to be completed within 45 seconds when you play it the first time in a game. It cannot be attained while in the Gallery.

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Jun 12, 13 12:17 PM
sionnach_dhu wrote:Question - did you listen to all the soundtrack dialog when you did this? I don't seem to be able to get the achievement (have played the game to the end 3x), and I'm not sure if I'm missing somebody/thing I need to talk to, or if it's because I've clicked through after READING the dialog without listening to the voice read it a few times.
I played a game where I did not let the characters finish speaking and I did get the Chatty achievement.

Edited on 06/14/2013 at 7:46:21 PM PST

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Jun 12, 13 4:01 PM
I finally got all of the achievements in one game.

I had gotten the achievements under different profiles but unless they are all under one profile in one game the last achievements is not awarded. I posted a video of the 100% completed achievements pages on youtube if anyone wants so see that it is possible to get them.

Edited on 06/13/2013 at 10:37:17 AM PST

FudgeChi
Flounder
Flounder
2,380 Posts

[Post New]by FudgeChi on Jun 13, 13 2:13 AM
WELL DONE LizzieK

ogrprincs
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by ogrprincs on Jun 27, 13 9:06 PM
Fruit and house #'s?????
I haven't seen any fruit nor can I collect the house #'s. Any help out there?????

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Jun 28, 13 7:18 PM
ogrprincs wrote:Fruit and house #'s?????
I haven't seen any fruit nor can I collect the house #'s. Any help out there?????
The house numbers are in the town. You just click on them but you don't collect them. When you click on all six of them you get the achievement.

The fruit pieces are hidden inside or under objects. You can't see them. The only way to find them is that your cursor changes when it moves over their hiding place. There are only 5 fruits in the main game and bonus game combined.

God luck!

[Post New]by Mystique2821 on Jul 8, 13 2:12 PM
I can't get the achievemnet of finding the diary on the main menu??? Any tips ty?

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Jul 15, 13 3:35 AM
Mystique2821 wrote:I can't get the achievemnet of finding the diary on the main menu??? Any tips ty?
After you finish the main game 6 fireflies will appear (one at a time) on the main menu page. Click on each firefly and it will go into the opening in the tree. After you get all 6 you can go into the opening and see the diary.

Good luck!

Go to: