DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

Informal Discussion and Comments for House of 1000 Doors: Serpent Flame Collector's Edition

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Jun 6, 13 12:48 AM
I seem to remember commenting somewhere upon the release of the delightful first game that in light of the title I hoped the Developers would have enough ideas for many more appearances of the House, and here is the third instalment in one of my favourite series.
And for those of you who are interested, there is a Bundle Sale for the other two games. It is not necessary to play them all or in any particular order as the stories so far have been stand-alone.
I do hope however that this latest game is more akin to the first than the second game as I thought it was much better.
Seems TGT has been re-instated along with CE Thursday.
Woohoo – off to help Kate (if she is still the main character) to overcome the latest nasties (some of whom are sure to be of the slithery kind)for some more brain therapy and fun (so long as there aren't too many bleeding puzzles).
Cheers

Edited on 06/06/2013 at 1:06:11 AM PST

mamajay
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,222 Posts

Re:Informal Discussion and Comments for House of 1000 Doors: Serpent Flame Collector's Edition

[Post New]by mamajay on Jun 6, 13 1:01 AM
Ozzie !! Welcome back - we missed you !!

My DL is currently at 49%, so I will have to wait a bit longer to play. I did watch the video demo, and it looks really cool

Jen

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

Re:Informal Discussion and Comments for House of 1000 Doors: Serpent Flame Collector's Edition

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Jun 6, 13 1:10 AM
Hi Jen, my game is also postponed - have to consume a meal first.

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Jun 6, 13 4:21 AM
Beh, it's not the same! Bought, but disappointed...medium graphic, blur surroundings, and misses a lot by the point of view...

bradalex
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by bradalex on Jun 6, 13 4:52 AM
Pity because I really enjoyed first two games [b]BUT

I CAN'T STAND SNAKES ( SHUDDER SHUDDER!!!!)

Flissa2
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by Flissa2 on Jun 6, 13 7:01 AM
I'm with you Bradalex! My skin crawled when I saw the title of today's game. Will probably have nightmares tonight. Bring back the rats and spiders I say!!!!

Flissa2
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by Flissa2 on Jun 6, 13 7:05 AM
I'm with you bradalex my skin crawled when I saw the title!!!! Nightmares tonight for me!! Bring back the rats and spiders quick.

vonniefaye
Herring
Herring
325 Posts

[Post New]by vonniefaye on Jun 6, 13 8:09 AM
m with you bradalex my skin crawled when I saw the title!!!! Nightmares tonight for me!! Bring back the rats and spiders quick.
No, No, No. Snakes I can tolerate (as long as they don't infringe on my space), but spiders, absolutely give me fits. actually anything with more then 4 legs make me have the vapors.

bpurdum2
Minnow
Minnow
264 Posts

[Post New]by bpurdum2 on Jun 6, 13 10:31 AM
Yea!! They gave Kate different clothes. I was so tired of that blue dress. I am enjoying this one and will buy later.

DeAnna2112
Clownfish
Clownfish
675 Posts

[Post New]by DeAnna2112 on Jun 6, 13 1:30 PM
After playing the demo I gotta say this game just didn't work for me. There were things about it that just turned me off and way too much hand holding. It was a beautiful game and loved the mysterious feel but...........

No matter how hard I tried to avoid the collectibles, in this game it was impossible and that meant I would have a constant nagging pop up box every time I turned around which served nothing more then to be a disruption to the game. I personally have no use for collectibles and that is why..maybe when a dev comes up with a creative purpose I might find them interesting

Some of the items I could not tell what they were especially in the ho scenes. For the most part they did a good job, but there was just those hit and miss items I still didn't recognize even after it was pointed out what it was suppose to be

The map ...well it was a map indeed and it was gonna ruin the whole game i could see as most maps do. Instead of hitting the hint to get a nudge..i am taken to the map where with all it's paint by number hand holding color codes on what to do next I guess the hand holding had to be taken to a whole new level given it circled the area for me as well. I mean really? then I would just roll my eyes and click on it and find myself in a location I didn' even have a chance to find on my own yet...grrrhh. I HATE MAPS !!! and this is one of many reasons why

I thought the story seemed interesting and loved the graphics, voices and sound effects...but it just wore on my patience today. What a shame as it could have been a really good game if it wasn't for all the hand holding and silly collectible boxes and map...rant over

~Demo played smoothly without any problems~

Demo download/install time: 4 minutes
Browser: Explorer 10
PC-Window7/64
AMD Radeon HD 7570
Broadband internet
USA Customer (Indiana)

[Post New]by Persistent_Cat on Jun 8, 13 4:44 PM
I'm very early into the game but did anyone notice the mystery man is dressed like Han Solo?

And I like Kate's outfit. Nice jacket, great boots.

[Post New]by angelofmusic62 on Jun 8, 13 9:16 PM
I played 10 minutes of the demo and will probably buy it tomorrow. I was going to go to bed, but now I have the urge to go back to the demo to check out Han Solo.

Tiger2010
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,624 Posts

[Post New]by Tiger2010 on Jun 9, 13 12:50 AM
Firstly, a HUGE WELCOME BACK, DragonLadyOz. I hope you are much better now.

Thank you for starting this discussion.

I'm about 45 minutes in after a loooonnngg overnight download.

All I can say right now is Wow! This may be the best 1000 Doors yet. What a gem. Possibly not for people with a snake phobia, but I actually really like snakes (as opposed to spiders). I'm loving the beyond morphing objects; heck I even love the H0S in this one!

Just one problem... I have a lot to do today and I don't think I'll get anything done. I know my priorities LOL.

cefortner
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by cefortner on Jun 9, 13 7:28 AM
For those of you who don't like snakes, so far the only time I've seen a snake is at the end of the 1st segment when Kate got the air element and that only lasted a few seconds before Raphael defeated it. I haven't finished the second segment yet, but I suppose there will be a snake there too. Otherwise, I haven't seen a snake at all except in some of the figurines that you have to collect to place in a statue or other place to unlock something. Give it a try. It's not as bad as you may think. I really love the game. Happy hunting.

About 30 minutes later: I just finished the 2nd segment and there was no snake.

Edited on 06/09/2013 at 7:45:05 AM PST

[Post New]by Persistent_Cat on Jun 9, 13 9:52 AM
DeAnna2112 wrote:
I thought the story seemed interesting and loved the graphics, voices and sound effects...but it just wore on my patience today. What a shame as it could have been a really good game if it wasn't for all the hand holding and silly collectible boxes and map...rant over

You can turn off the notifications on the map. As for the collectibles, they pop-up comes up when you collect one however you don't have to click on it and it will go away almost immediately.

Syrenia
Guppy
Guppy
138 Posts

[Post New]by Syrenia on Jun 9, 13 10:32 AM
Did anyone else find the pasty white Aztec with the British accent amusing?

[Post New]by Butterflyshrimp on Jun 9, 13 10:50 AM
Just finished this game and loved it. Thought the graphics, voice overs, cut scenes and animation was great. Good storyline too. The snakes were so large they were laughable to me and looked more like Hydra's from Greek mythology, not "realistic" snakes. There are not that many and are not shown that much. I did notice *Spoiler The necklace of the guy who rescued Kate "did not" have on a necklace/amulet when he rescued her. He only had it on when he was in bed, so wondered where the necklace/amulet came from. Did anyone else notice this? I also noticed it in the cutscene's in the Bonus Chapter. *End Spoiler Really enjoyed the game.

cefortner
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by cefortner on Jun 9, 13 4:39 PM
I love the game. I am in the 3rd section with the Fire Element and I am stuck. I know I have collected all 5 of the blue tiles, but it only shows that I have 4 and I can't go any further. Is any one else having this problem. Maybe I am missing something. I have checked the strategy guide and revisited all the sights where the tiles are supposed to be and they are not there. Help. I am stuck. I love the game though. I love it! Love it! Love it!

[Post New]by Persistent_Cat on Jun 9, 13 6:43 PM
cefortner wrote:I love the game. I am in the 3rd section with the Fire Element and I am stuck. I know I have collected all 5 of the blue tiles, but it only shows that I have 4 and I can't go any further. Is any one else having this problem. Maybe I am missing something. I have checked the strategy guide and revisited all the sights where the tiles are supposed to be and they are not there. Help. I am stuck. I love the game though. I love it! Love it! Love it!

I know they were scattered throughout the area. I suggest creating a separate post for this where more people might see it. I just finished the game but I cannot remember where they all were, only that they were scattered so vast that I thought I had missed something as well.

phatkhat
Stingray
Stingray
5,001 Posts

[Post New]by phatkhat on Jun 9, 13 11:01 PM
bradalex wrote:Pity because I really enjoyed first two games [b]BUT

I CAN'T STAND SNAKES ( SHUDDER SHUDDER!!!!)

I second that emotion. I couldn't make it through Twisted Lands, though I tried. Just can't do snakes.

Go to: