loniedoone
Guppy
Guppy
176 Posts

no way to save if you are in the middle of a scene

[Post New]by loniedoone on Jun 6, 13 8:23 AM
Let's say you are on level 24 (where I am) and you need to stop the game for whatever reason and you haven't finished the level. There is no place to SAVE THE GAME. Any ideas on what is to be done. Certainly no bells or whistles on this game.

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

Re:no way to save if you are in the middle of a scene

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Jun 6, 13 11:09 AM
The only ways you can work around this are to just leave the game running on the board since it's an untimed game, or get the menu screen to pop up, then click the "Next" button when you want to pick it up again. You can't quit entirely and get a partially completed board to save.

loniedoone
Guppy
Guppy
176 Posts

[Post New]by loniedoone on Jun 7, 13 11:08 AM
Thanks for the reply. Now, if I understand you correctly, there is no way to SAVE the game if you are in the middle of a scene. Doesn't this seem a bit frustrating. Have you come across this before? If there is something that we don't like something in a game, can we let the company know. Love the game but have had to get out of it so many times because of having to use the computer for something else.

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Jun 7, 13 7:36 PM
Yes, you got the "no saving" part right. I commented on that in my review on the game download page among other things. The game interface is definitely primitive IMO. Haven't tried this, but you might want to Google the developer's name and see if anything pops up so you can email the devs and comment. I don't know if this particular developer checks out these forums or reads the starred reviews, but some do.

Not sure what point you've reached, but I noticed that once you get to level 30 or so, the levels get really hard (at least for me) and I would often have to restart the board anyway just because things would get too out of control.

loniedoone
Guppy
Guppy
176 Posts

[Post New]by loniedoone on Jun 7, 13 9:25 PM
Have taken your good suggestion and sent an e-mail to Nijumi games. Will let you know if I hear from them.

loniedoone
Guppy
Guppy
176 Posts

[Post New]by loniedoone on Jun 7, 13 9:29 PM
I have taken your good suggestion and wrote to Nijumi games. Will let you know if or when I hear from them.

catscat
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,293 Posts

no way to save if you are in the middle of a scene

[Post New]by catscat on Jul 11, 13 12:48 AM
loniedoone wrote:Let's say you are on level 24 (where I am) and you need to stop the game for whatever reason and you haven't finished the level. There is no place to SAVE THE GAME. Any ideas on what is to be done. Certainly no bells or whistles on this game.

If you are just wanting to get out of the scene for a short bit, go to your keyboard and hit the Windows key. Then you can do whatever you want/need to do on your computer, and the game will be waiting for you at the bottom of your screen on your taskbar exactly where you left it. And since, by the time you get to level 24, chances are that you have long since stopped getting any "time bonus" you are no worse off for the time away.

Another tip I have come upon, try to NOT send pieces onto board that will have opposite arrows pointing at each other (unless they are the same color). (a piece being sent from the right side of board will have a left pointing arrow, from top, a bottom facing arrow etc.) Otherwise, you will have to clear at least one of those colors also since the piece has no clear path to exit the board. A piece will go as far as it can till it encounters another piece and if no other piece is in it's path, it will go off the board. Think out what every piece moved is going to do.

And by the time you get to level 34/35 pay attention. Teal has been added and is very similar to green and blue. Watch the pattern on the pieces. No clue what else I am in for. Just got through board 36.

Go to: