bfgFlounder
12,494 Posts

Welcome to Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jun 7, 13 2:25 PM
Welcome to Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery - iOS players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

Edited on 08/27/2013 at 1:40:21 AM PST

L_Amour
Clownfish
Clownfish
713 Posts

Re:Welcome to Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery - iOS forum

[Post New]by L_Amour on Jun 24, 13 1:43 PM
Thank you! Very nice to be able to post here.
Question: is it possible you add a future for us members, to let us add a signature to our profile?

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Jun 24, 13 3:21 PM
Hi L_Amour,

If you mean here in the forums, that's something that may be available in the new forums coming soon. You can find more information about that in the discussion here.

I hope that helps!

bfgSeine

L_Amour
Clownfish
Clownfish
713 Posts

[Post New]by L_Amour on Jun 24, 13 5:32 PM
Yes, I mean here in the forums. Thanks for the link!

[Post New]by shamriockpog on Jun 27, 13 12:28 PM
When we level up, shouldn't our energy be replenished?

L_Amour
Clownfish
Clownfish
713 Posts

[Post New]by L_Amour on Jun 27, 13 2:21 PM
Energy gets replenished to 100% when we level up, meaning: it increases to 50.
So, if you already (still) had 50, nothing will happen.
We can increase our energy to the max of 100, when we claim energy gifts from neighbours. Then you have to play first, before you can claim the rest of your energy gifts.
I have to say though, my energy sometimes also didn't get replenished after leveling up. I've already posted about this in the techn.issues thread.

Edited on 06/27/2013 at 2:28:50 PM PST

[Post New]by shamriockpog on Jun 27, 13 5:54 PM
L_Amour, thanks. I'll make a note in the technical issue thread too.

[Post New]by CBpuzzler on Jul 19, 13 2:22 PM
Hi, I enjoy this game. It would be even better if I could figure out hoe to expand my grounds! I see it listed in the bonus section of the chapters, how do I earn this bonus? Thanks.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jul 20, 13 6:35 AM
Hi CBpuzzler

Welcome to the Pond!

You gain access to the Green House and the Carnival of Fear scenes once you expand and open the plots in your Manor grounds that contain these features, you should see them half hidden in two separate plots.

To expand, you need to pay by gold or silver. The gold is a relatively small sum and will make the area immediately accessible to you. You need to pay a comparatively larger amount of silver and wait a set amount of time before you can 'Summon' the area and start building on it.

To start this process, just lick on patch of land which is adjacent to one that you have already open and pay the fee, it is as simple as that!

Hope this helps!

bfgBaikal

Edited on 07/20/2013 at 6:35:52 AM PST

[Post New]by DahliaBrooks on Jul 21, 13 2:39 PM
Please.........I need to reach ALL my friends to return their generous gifts. I understand you are having difficulties resolving the scrolling issue but my guilt is making me consider halting this game until this matter is resolved.

[Post New]by kc500000 on Jul 24, 13 11:54 AM
Is there a DM 101 forum somewhere? I've enjoyed the search scenes, and the building and stuff, and the graphics are STUNNING, but I'm losing interest because I get to play for 5 minutes and then just sit and watch walkers go round and Tesla surges until I accumulate enough energy or silver to do something else. I still don't know how to get gold other than to buy with real money, which makes it not a game, to me. (Didn't stay with CCGs for the same reason.) (Kinda like the Yankees, some might say...)
I don't understand the whole neighbor/gift thing either.

Thanks. I'm glad so many people are enjoying it.

[Post New]by Cookie8459 on Aug 22, 13 2:50 PM
I just started the game and I am loving it! I have one question, does the Spinner attraction collect money? I have noticed that all my other attraction do. Help!!

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Aug 23, 13 8:05 AM
Hi Cookie8459,

Welcome to the bayou....I mean forums!

So if I remember correctly the spinner is granted as a reward for completing a task. It does not earn you money like some other attractions but placing it in your Manor will earn you JuJu and Xp.

If you are ever unsure about what an item grants you, feel free to add the item to your inventory temporarily and click on the golden i that appears to get an exact breakdown of its benefits,

Hope this helps and happy gaming!

bfgBaikal

[Post New]by gypsyroserao on Aug 23, 13 5:13 PM
I just downloaded the pc version. I am on level 23 from my Iphone app..... how do I sync this so the pc version has my progess up to date.... I don't want to start from the beginning.... I've come sooooo far!!! lol ..thanks!

Snoopy_1
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by Snoopy_1 on Aug 23, 13 6:47 PM
Hi Gypseroserao - Have you backed up your game to Facebook? Once you do that, when you go into the game, just click on 'load game from a difference device'. It should then load your current game. HTHs

Edited on 08/23/2013 at 6:55:36 PM PST

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Aug 24, 13 3:06 AM
Hi gypsyroserao,

Welcome to the forums!

Please follow the excellent advice Snoopy_1 has provided above.

First sync your current game on your iPhone by pressing the Facebook button on the main menu or in the options menu. Once you log into Facebook through the game, it will save your game to this profile.

Then start up the Pc version and again log into that same Facebook account. When you start up the game on you PC, it should then load the game from your iPhone, with your progress, Juju, XP and money intact!

If you have any trouble with this, please feel free to contact our Tech Support Team who will be glad to help!

Hoping this info is useful and happy gaming!

bfgBaikal

Edited on 08/24/2013 at 3:07:48 AM PST

saphhire
Herring
Herring
329 Posts

Re:Welcome to Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery

[Post New]by saphhire on Aug 27, 13 5:03 PM
If this is what BF is going to do from now on...........................................I will quit...............we pay BF to have the privilege to buy games...............now we are expected to pay to continue a game....................no thanks.....................

[Post New]by BARBAND1 on Aug 29, 13 7:32 AM
saphhire wrote:If this is what BF is going to do from now on...........................................I will quit...............we pay BF to have the privilege to buy games...............now we are expected to pay to continue a game....................no thanks.....................

Totally agree I am not going to pay to play this game ongoing I lost interest when I was asked to pay for energy and stuff. BIG mistake bigfish we like you because we pay then play. Come on do something about this.
WE ARE NOT GOING TO PLAY this on Facebook it is another Gardens of TIme completely why I came to Big fish. I didn't want to have "friends" popping at me for asking them to play or give me a cake or something. I won't pay anymore than the £10.70 I already paid the full price is £15+ you have lost a customer.

PTBT
Catfish
Catfish
1,659 Posts

[Post New]by PTBT on Aug 29, 13 4:19 PM
Actually you can play for free - I am doing so on the PC version. Doesn't go anywhere near as quickly as my iOS version, since I did buy some gold in that version. But it can be done!

[Post New]by katrinaceleste on Sep 12, 13 4:44 PM
I have been playing for about a week for free. Utilize the blitz games you play when visiting your neighbors. Add neighbors too. I have over 200 neighbors now. I do not know if there is a limit to friends to add. I have never bought gold and I play for hours. I play through BF game app on my PC. I do want to buy gold later but am content to play the way I have. I do realize it is a slow process but it is working. I earn coins, gold, XP, and juju, and still play the chapters. I am on level 17, almost at level 18.

Go to: