bfgDeveron
1,934 Posts

Post any Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery! iOS technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Jun 7, 13 4:36 PM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved.

Specifically, the article below has helped many people playing the mobile games we offer:

iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy Pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support Team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what device you are playing the game on, so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Note: The game is in BETA right now and not wide release, but we expect it will be available for everyone soon!

Edited on 06/07/2013 at 4:56:29 PM PST

Spin trouble

[Post New]by Timesuck on Jun 13, 13 3:29 PM
Hi there,

Love the game and having a lot of fun with it!

A minor glitch I've experienced three times now; after playing a chapter and choosing to "spin" it has taken my 2 energy points but then did not complete the spin so i did not "win" an award. It then reverted back to my home screen automatically.

A little frustrating as it took my energy points but did not give the reward. In the grand scheme, not a huge deal but thought it worth mentioning.

I'm playing on an iPad 2.

Thanks for creating a great game

bfgSeine
5,158 Posts

Re:Post any Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery! iOS technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Jun 13, 13 3:45 PM
Hey there, and welcome to the Pond Timesuck!

Thanks for letting us know about that. I'll be sure to pass that along to our Mobile Team here for them to look into. If you continue to run into that problem, please let our Mobile Support Team know so they can offer some advice on how to avoid that in the future.

I hope you continue to enjoy the game!

bfgSeine

[Post New]by Bearkatjax on Jun 14, 13 8:29 PM
Hello, really love the game.... But... When I level up and it says my energy will be recharged 100% the energy doesn't refill. It just stays at whatever it was before I levelled up.

Thanks!

[Post New]by Hardygin on Jun 17, 13 3:09 PM
As of the update on June 17th, I have not been able to log into the game on my iPad. Please look into this. Apparently, according to Facebook, many people are having the same problem.

CanadaLes
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by CanadaLes on Jun 17, 13 5:27 PM
I updated the app and it won't let me enter the game. It says "asking spirits for new content" then the timer is on for a few seconds and the game closes down, taking me back to my desktop. I am playing on an iPad 2.

bfgSeine
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Jun 18, 13 11:56 AM
Hey everyone,

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing issues with the game not working properly. As a first step, I recommend checking out the help article we have for iOS issues here:

iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch

In there, you'll find tips under the section titled "Game crashing, freezing, showing a black screen, or not working properly?" that may help with those issues. If that isn't working, please let our Mobile Support Team know so they can look into that for you. Including your mansion name in your contact with them will also help them out in providing you with specific help for your problem.

Hopefully that helps!

bfgSeine

CanadaLes
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by CanadaLes on Jun 18, 13 5:22 PM
My game seems to be working again! I hope this was a one time glitch!

L_Amour
Clownfish
Clownfish
712 Posts

technical issues

[Post New]by L_Amour on Jun 24, 13 1:06 PM
Thanks for this great game! Addicted inmediately from the very first moment Me and my friends are playing Dark Manor since it became available, and we have acumulated some issues.
Please note, we LOVE our new game, and have a lot more favorite things on this fantastic game, then issues! I'm highliting this, because the folowing might seem a long long list, though I thought you'd be happy with every form of feedback, before the world-wide release will happen.
I'll also post a list in a new suggestions/feedback thread, because we have some points that aren't real technical issues, but suggestions

There are the techn. issues we have noticed in the game so far:
  • In neighbours section we can't scroll to the bottom of the list anymore. Besides Brook Manor, the oldest neighbours are disappering now, we can't visit then anymore neither we can send them gifts
  • In the whole social section (neighbours/gifts/FB/GC/daily invites lists, scrolling isn't working properly. When I scroll up-down or down-up, I often go left-right to the next column
  • It seems that inviting FB invites doesn't work (yet?)
  • Game center invites section often gets blanc, later they're suddenly back again
  • In the same game center invites section sometimes appear silver rewards on those GC-friends, but those rewards disappear as fast as they appeared, and sometimes only on on GC friend the reward stays.
  • The daily invite section doesn't refresh. I got stuck with the same daily invites, day in-day out. They don't even disappear from the list, or at least give a message, when I already invited them! Without refreshing, the daily invite section has no value, i.m.h.o.
  • When I choose to spin after playing a scene, the game SOMETIMES doesn't start the spin and brings me back to my mansion, but it does take 2 energy away!
  • The game SOMETIMES doesn't refill my energy to 100% after leveling up.
  • Why did we all get 868 Elm Street as a neighbour, we didn't invite her but was suddenly there in our games after the update?
    She showed up in the middle of our neighbours list, while new neighbours always show up on top of our list. She has an empty garden, and didn't even have the garden paths (2 squares) outside her house (those 2 WE can't remove) QUESTION EXPIRED: Meanwhile we already found out the answer ourselves

• Thanks in advance for listening!

Edited on 06/27/2013 at 8:20:16 AM PST

L_Amour
    Clownfish
    Clownfish
    712 Posts

technical issues

[Post New]by L_Amour on Jun 24, 13 1:09 PM
    Here are 2 issues, two of my friends are dealing with. They both are American and got a code to play Dark Manor before the world wide release comes. I was wondering if you can help them, and/or if other code-players are having this same issues.

• They both have an issue in a specific scene of a specific chapter (one in ch.3/sc.3, the other in ch.4/sc,3): the ectoplasm keeps resetting to zero and their score doesn't register on the leaderboard

• the same 2 friends BOTH have another terrible issue: they keep getting errors many many times. The errors are: first: a sync.error/internet connection, while their connection/signal is excellent, second: that error is followed by an error saying "you logged in on another device". It's not to describe in words what they have to do, to get the game working again, and when they do it's only for a very short time.....
    My two friends can't reinstall because of the code, and they're not even sure this issues will be resolved after the world-wide release.

•  
    Zaphire69
    Seahorse
    Seahorse
    21 Posts

[Post New]by Zaphire69 on Jun 26, 13 10:52 AM
    First of I just would like to say how much I love this game. It is highly addictive, lots to do, great graphics. I have an issue that I can't seem to get around however and makes me wonder if it is a bug. I am now lv 19, I have unlocked the Voodoo split-screen level. I have an objective to collect 3 "Voodoo Vials", but each time I complete the puzzle and go back to the mansion or replay the puzzle and the vial that I filled up reset back to empty and I received no credit. Is this intended or a bug? Not being able to complete this puzzle is preventing me from receiving new objectives. Also, how is a Voodoo vial different from an ectoplasma vial? Other than that thanks for this awesome game.

bfgSeine
    5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Jun 26, 13 1:17 PM
    Hi L_Amour and Zaphire69,

Thanks for letting us know about those issues. Since this is a brand new game, I'll do my best to get information for you regarding those problems. For now, I've passed them on to our team to look at and hopefully we can figure out what's causing that to happen. Also, please feel free to get in touch with our Mobile Support Team to see if they can provide you with further details.

I hope that helps!

bfgSeine

[Post New]by Tysonsnanni on Jun 27, 13 8:31 AM
    Love, love, love this game and I would love it even more if I could get it to open!

Last night about 8:00pm EST, the game appeared to be loading, but when the screne opens with the "Enter" button...I click on it and it disappears altogether. I've tried restarting the ipad. Also tried starting from Game Centre, but no luck.

Is anyone else having this issue?

I'm at level 20 and my gardens name is E Tysonsnanny.

Helpppppppp

bfgDeveron
    1,934 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Jun 27, 13 9:06 AM
    Hello Tysonsnanni,

I'm sorry to hear that this is happening in your game.

For some help with games crashing on a mobile device like this, just click on the blue text below:

iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch Games

If that doesn't help, I would definitely suggest contacting our Mobile Support Team with the details of what's going on. They can look into this and help get to the bottom of what's happening.

I'll keep my fins crossed that this is sorted out quickly!

bfgDeveron

[Post New]by Dingy1too on Jun 27, 13 5:11 PM
    Great game, wish I could play without errors. I often am unable to connect and spend over an hour just to play one scene.

Issue 1 - Synchronization errors
    http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/4167/x6aq.jpg
    I receive this error after every scene play, during game launch, and more often during peak play times. I receive it regardless of my internet connection. I have connected to several different wifi networks. Most with average speeds of 25 Mb/s download and 5 Mb/s upload. I have closed all open apps and done a fresh restart. Then played while plugged into a wall outlet while sitting approximately 1.5 feet from a wifi router.

Issue 2 - Ectoplasm/Leaderboard
    Unable to earn Ectoplasm or appear on Leaderboard for Chapter 3 Scene or Chapter 5 Scene 1.
    Chapter 3 Scene 3
    http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/6563/c8wb.jpg
    http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/3765/lx6t.jpg
    Chapter 5 Scene 1
    http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/7541/wbvf.jpg

Issue 3 - Logged in on another device
    http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/3880/fn3j.jpg
    I only have this game installed on one device so it is impossible for me to log in on another device.

[Post New]by shamriockpog on Jun 27, 13 5:58 PM
    Just wanted to mention that I am also having problems with my energy being replenished. I've noticed that it's happening when I go to the next level and also when I go back into the game after a long period of time.

bfgBaikal
    8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jun 28, 13 5:57 AM
    Hi there new land owners!

Dingy1too - These sound like connection issues so I would suggest closing the game completely and then turning you WiFi connection off and then back on again. Once you open the game the WiFi should reestablish itself and you should not see those issues again.

To close down the game fully, press the menu button twice in quick succession - this will cause a grey toolbar to appear at the base of the page.

Looking at that you can see all applications that are open. To close, press and hold the Dark Manor game tab until a little red minus sign appears. Then, just click in on the minus sign to close it fully.

The help article here, also details how to do that under the heading Close all applications, in case I have been confusing at all!

Please do let us know if they persist though, so we can help you with this.

shamriockpog - I have found that closing the game fully, as detailed above will help to ensure your game's energy is replenishing as it should, if you would like to try that?

bfgBaikal

Edited on 06/28/2013 at 6:51:55 AM PST

sexxygamma
    Squid
    Squid
    67 Posts

[Post New]by sexxygamma on Jun 28, 13 10:03 PM
    I'm having problem on my IPAD with this game downloading if that's what it is doing? I have a black screen with the title of game and at bottom a loading bar saying a lot of stuff on it and the color is teal when it is loading but it is taking forever I started it last night and it still is not done downloading if in fact that's what it is doing on that page? Help! First problem game on this device. Thanks Denise

bfgBaikal
    8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jun 29, 13 3:35 AM
    I'm really sorry to hear that and I definitely want to help you play that game as it is really fun.

It sounds to me that your game is stuck on the loading screen and it just seems like it might not have installed correctly so the first thing I would suggest doing is uninstalling and reinstalling the game. You can find help on that process here, if needed!

It does take a little time because the content is so rick in Dark Manor but I would definitely encourage you to do so as you want to start out with a clean copy of a game, and not one that may cause trouble once you have progressed.

The first time the game loads up it may take a little longer but you should see the word 'Loading' and the small circle above that which should be pulsing, to indicate that the game is functioning.

If you don't see this and it looks like the game has frozen, another tip would be to reestablish you WiFi connection as this game does need a valid connection to boot up.

If you would like more help with this game however, please contact our Mobile Support Team. Those folks will be glad to help you!

Best of luck!

bfgBaikal

Edited on 06/29/2013 at 3:36:13 AM PST

L_Amour
    Clownfish
    Clownfish
    712 Posts

Bottom of neighbourslist unreachable !!!

[Post New]by L_Amour on Jun 29, 13 12:43 PM
    Please devs, give priority on fixing the issue we can't scroll our complete neighbourslist to the bottom!

Go to: