bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

Reviews for Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Jun 7, 13 4:42 PM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery - iOS? We’d love to hear all about it, as would many of the other Fishies in our Pond!

Note: The game is in BETA right now and not wide release, but we expect it will be available for everyone soon!

Remember, a lot of Fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, please swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game HERE.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgDeveron

Edited on 08/27/2013 at 6:55:43 AM PST

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

Re:Reviews for Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery - iOS

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Jun 7, 13 4:43 PM
Hi again Fishies!

Just adding to the OP: This thread has been reserved for reviews only.

If you have any questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game) please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post as this can develop into a discussion that is not suitable to the review thread.

While the reviews in this thread are first and foremost helpful to other players, they also tell us and all who were involved in making this game, what you liked/disliked most, what you’d like to see more/less of in future games, etc. This can only help us in continuing to provide better games, which is what we all want!

We want to ensure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, so the Moderation Team will be proactively removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews) that pop up in this thread.

For any non-review related posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips as well.

bfgDeveron

L_Amour
Clownfish
Clownfish
713 Posts

Suggestions/feedback from active fools-fishy part 1)

[Post New]by L_Amour on Jun 24, 13 1:24 PM
Here are some suggestions/requests:
  • What I miss in iDarkManor, is the name of my neighbour's mansion (in an edge-section) in their mansion when I visit them, and it would be very nice to see their current level too
  • It would be very handy, if the neighbourslist was provided with a certain sequence.Options:
    - alphabetically (given the current present info about our neighbours in the neighbourslist)
    - if provided with their current level and rank, numbers could be added (numerator), then sequence on number based on rank / and/or level, or something like that.
    Added value is to find our favorite neighbours very more easily.
  • Even more valuable, is to add a SEARCH function in the neighbours section too.
  • New neighbours versus gifting: When I invite a new neighbour, and he/she accepts my invite, he/she shows up in my neighbours section. The only thing I can do then, is visit his/her mansion. The send-gift-button is not present at that new neighbour! That'll probably be caused by the daily limit to send gifts, and a balance of 0. When a new neighbour accepts my invite, I want to thank that neighbour! I want to send him/her a gift, to show him/her that I've noticed he/she became my new neighbour and that I'm happy about that. Problem is, the daily remaining gifts are much too less! Send a gift to a new neighbour should always be an option, so therefor the limit should be increased+more times per day, the longer we all play this fantastic game and get more neighbours!

•  
    L_Amour
    Clownfish
    Clownfish
    713 Posts

Suggestions/feedback from active fools-fishy part 2)

[Post New]by L_Amour on Jun 24, 13 1:26 PM
  • We can't invite our (already) friends via their play-ID's (we communicate via forum, and we are very active "fools". We are a great (and big!) community and want to be able to invite eachother that way. Other, even more important reason is: not everybody wishes to add friends in game center first, before they can invite eachother in the game later. That, because it's less efficient and confusing, and also less private. After all, game center shows peoples complete activity in all games they play, and not everybody wants to show that to others. I'm sure this will be a reason for a lot of people to skip Dark Manor ....
    So, why not add the future to let us invite eachother via our Play-ID's?
    And then, open here a thread called "add new neighbours", in which we can post our play-ID's? Eventually, people start googling to find neighbours for their new game. This way, they'll find this forum and meet new neighbours much easier then via Gamecenter!
  • We can't use the whole keyboard neither the emoji keyboard in our mansion-name. We wan't that very badly, because we are used to use symbols: weekly to show others that we are active (that's because we can't unfriend inactive neighbours), and we also use symbols for the kind of gift we prefer.
    Please add more options to change our mansion names. Why not make the whole keyboard available AND why not other keyboards, including the emoji?

•  
    L_Amour
    Clownfish
    Clownfish
    713 Posts

[Post New]by L_Amour on Jun 24, 13 1:32 PM
    Sorry, forgot to write a introduction ...

The 2 posts above are suggestions/feedback.
    In the technical thread I've posted too, but to be sure I want to highlight here too, that we, a communion of very active players (a.k.a. active fools) we LOVE to get introduced with this fantastic game! Just a few of us are able to play it already now.
    As we are already addicted to another game, for about 1,5 years now, we see some things we miss and which could/might improve this game.
    But above all, we are very happy with it, and we expierience a lot of favorite things in this beautiful and variating game!

Edited on 06/24/2013 at 1:34:18 PM PST

L_Amour
    Clownfish
    Clownfish
    713 Posts

[Post New]by L_Amour on Jun 25, 13 2:38 PM
    THANK YOU, Big Fish!
    For the 50 gold we received today.
    A very nice and welcome present.

redcathie
    Starfish
    Starfish
    45 Posts

[Post New]by redcathie on Jun 25, 13 4:01 PM
    OOOHHHHH! We did get 50 gold. Many many thanks BFG! I can make good use of that.

Frogmort
    Manatee
    Manatee
    3,812 Posts

[Post New]by Frogmort on Jun 30, 13 4:09 PM
    Presumably the game is not still in beta?

tunaontoast
    Dolphin
    Dolphin
    7,449 Posts

[Post New]by tunaontoast on Jul 4, 13 11:17 PM
    The graphics are stunning. The music is great. Unfortunately this is not for me. I was confused with all the choices and options within the game. I never played this type before and I didn't like it. The hidden object scenes were way too small on my ipad. I know I could zoom in and out, but the motion of the new scenes made me dizzy. Sorry gang, just not for me...

Roxnsilver
    Guppy
    Guppy
    156 Posts

[Post New]by Roxnsilver on Jul 6, 13 2:07 PM
    The graphics are stunning and game play was great for a few days, then it seems that expanding land becomes exponentially more expensive and game rewards are not compensated the same. I did not receive the 50 gold coins that others have claimed today, silver and experience seem to disappear or not rewarded, and the only way to get enough silver to build on my property to proceed with HO puzzles was to invite my FB friends to join. I have read that this is in Beta stages yet but this seems to be another free game that is going to break my wallet to play. I hope this is not going to be the direction that Big Fish is going with its HO games, I have been a loyal fan but playing "Found" has taught me not to get hooked on this game type, I prefer to know what it is going to cost me upfront to play with some sort of regularity and have fun.

L_Amour
    Clownfish
    Clownfish
    713 Posts

Monday's Manor of the week

[Post New]by L_Amour on Jul 30, 13 4:40 PM
    Thank you Big Fish, for choosing me for Monday's Manor of the week
    I am very honored and I was very surprised to see the picture of my manor on Facebook!

Edited on 07/30/2013 at 4:41:01 PM PST

Snoopy_1
    Squid
    Squid
    73 Posts

[Post New]by Snoopy_1 on Jul 31, 13 6:50 AM
    Congratulations my friend. Just visited your mansion yard, and love what you have done. As always, your mansion yard is absolutely stunning.

Edited on 07/31/2013 at 8:22:56 AM PST

L_Amour
    Clownfish
    Clownfish
    713 Posts

[Post New]by L_Amour on Jul 31, 13 2:54 PM
    Thank you Snoopy!

Zimbird
    Starfish
    Starfish
    43 Posts

[Post New]by Zimbird on Jul 31, 13 11:04 PM
    Congrats L Amour on winning Manor of the Week. You have a very interesting front garden!

GC-ID: Zimbird2000
    Manor: Zimbirds Nest

L_Amour
    Clownfish
    Clownfish
    713 Posts

[Post New]by L_Amour on Aug 2, 13 12:41 PM
    Thank you Zimbird!

[Post New]by Doodles_Mansion on Aug 8, 13 6:58 AM
    I have been playing this game for 2 months now, am at level 48, and have chosen not to post on this forum until now.

You want my review Big Fish? Well here it is:

This game, at it's best, has been glitchy from the get go. Synching problems, juju drops, disappearing silver, no leader boards, just to name a few, and we've all hung it there in hopes that things would IMPROVE.

So yesterday we got a big update and boy, was I hopeful that meant a chapter release since I've been playing Dead Man's Curve over and over for the last three weeks. No such luck, but what we did get was silver prices going through the roof (pre update 30 gold = 500k+ silver, post update 30 gold = 29k+ silver) and the inability to gift our neighbours.

Yes, you lowered the prices of premium chapters from totally insane to just insane earlier in the week. Thanks, but no thanks. It's far too hard to earn gold in this game to afford your high prices, so one can only assume you want us to purchase gold with real world dollars, which also explains the silver hike.

In a game that runs glitch free, with content that is added regularly, and has a strong social component, I have on occasion, been willing to spend a few bucks. You, however, are not providing the calibre of product here that even comes close to meeting those requirements.

Shame on you Big Fish for your unsportsmanlike conduct.

StrikingFX
    Guppy
    Guppy
    156 Posts

[Post New]by StrikingFX on Aug 8, 13 8:04 AM
    The game idea of combining hidden object searches with a simulated mansion garden is a great idea and very addictive game play! However, as mentioned in numerous posts, the program is extremely glitchy and the midcourse changes in rules only leaves players to remark how greedy the developers are.

This game will be a success and the next trend in games, but the formula still needs work. For one, don’t let greed ruin a wonderful game. You will have players that want to advance more quickly or purchase special items, but don’t exclude those that want to enjoy the free aspect of the game as well. You have two types of customers and should support both.

I understand money is necessary to pay the bills and keep the servers running, but this will come in time. Happy players, even ones playing for free, if enjoying the game will often purchase items to keep up with others or just to decorate their own gardens that they have grown to love. The increases in purchases will come with time, but a program that is so full of bugs (counters that randomly subtract, walkers that don’t accumulate the right juju rates, disappearing gold, and drastic changes in exchange rates) leave many questioning why risk the investment.

It’s a fun game, but eventually you will drive off even the most dedicated player if the game is (1) not stabilized and (2) game play doesn’t become more rewarding. Right now it’s like being on a cruise ship where the staff is constantly asking for tips…it could be fun but the frequent money requests and being nickeled and dimed for every activity make one wish that have chosen something else.

Edited on 08/08/2013 at 8:14:04 AM PST

Roxnsilver
    Guppy
    Guppy
    156 Posts

[Post New]by Roxnsilver on Aug 8, 13 2:38 PM
    I totally agree with you Doodles_ Mansion. DM and BF need to get real.

As for your review StrikingFX, I LOVE IT! Well said and I am sure everyone will agree. I hope all the players will send in a complaint to the support team to help back up what the we are saying. They claim that only a small number of us are having issues with the game and that it is our Internet connection or router that is the problem.

To all DM players - please click the green envelope at the right and let Big Fish and Dark Manor know what is wrong with their game. If we all complain, maybe we can get the game that Dark Manor was meant to be and what many have paid for and other would pay for if it was fixed and put back the way it was.

Roxnsilver@ Lake Elsinore Manor

[Post New]by Velly64 on Aug 18, 13 12:05 AM
    Hi, I WAS really enjoying this game but have got to the point where it is too expensive to keep expanding my grounds in either gold or silver, increasing every time you buy so now at a million silver so are just going thru the motions till I obtain enough silver.

education69
    Minnow
    Minnow
    238 Posts

[Post New]by education69 on Aug 18, 13 6:03 PM
    This game is not up to Big Fish's usual standards. there is no engaging storyline and other than the HOS's there are no puzzles. I will be removing this from my iPad very soon.

Go to: