bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Off the Record: Linden Shades Collector's Edition

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jun 8, 13 12:29 AM
A mysterious figure in red! Something's driven everyone away from Linden Shades.

No one's been back since that time of terror when the kids drew startling images of blood-red ghosts, and the police were no help. Your editor's sure there's a story hidden in the Shades. Can you get the truth, off the record?

This is a special Collector's Edition release full of exclusive extras you won't find in the standard version. As a bonus, Collector's Edition purchases count toward three stamps on your Monthly Game Club Punch Card!

The Collector's Edition includes:

The bonus game to uncover more secrets
Soundtracks, wallpapers, screensavers, and concept art
The integrated Strategy Guide

Edited on 06/08/2013 at 2:07:25 AM PST

scrollingmama
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

Re:Off the Record: Linden Shades Collector's Edition

[Post New]by scrollingmama on Jun 8, 13 12:34 AM
what the heck???? I dl'ed the game and as soon as if is finished dl'ing it says the free trial is over????

This looks like I game I would buy, but not without trying it first.

Edited on 06/08/2013 at 12:35:00 AM PST

_DD_
Flounder
Flounder
2,115 Posts

[Post New]by _DD_ on Jun 8, 13 12:39 AM
De-install and re-install the game; that usually clears up the 'hiccup' during installation.

Edited on 06/08/2013 at 12:40:22 AM PST

hannah57
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

[Post New]by hannah57 on Jun 8, 13 7:19 AM
I just finished the demo and sadly I wasn't impressed at all with this game. I don't think it's CE material and even with the sale I wouldn't waste my money. Sorry BF but this game is a stinker.

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Jun 8, 13 8:07 AM
Although it's a bit on the easy side, I've just finished playing
a few games that were a challenge for me, so I'm ready for
one like this. And at sale price, too.

DeAnna2112
Clownfish
Clownfish
675 Posts

[Post New]by DeAnna2112 on Jun 8, 13 9:16 AM
I did play the demo knowing there would probably be things I didn't like about this game, but since there was a sale I gave it a swing. If you are looking for a super easy and relaxing game for a off day with absolutely no effort on the part of the gamer..this is a game you should try. I would have bought this game for such days given the story seemed really cool and love the concept of unfolding stories through video clips, but there were just things that got in my way

Way too many HO scenes in my opinion, even for a HO. But these were really easy and pleasant so I could have dealt with that. It was the constant achievement and collectible boxes popping up. They were large and paused the game until they disappeared. I like many others have no interest in these things so please devs, keep that in mind when you incorporate them..it really can be a difference between a buy or no buy. There really is no need for the boxes popping up or for the game to be delayed or disrupted by them when including them.

Also, if your gonna incorporate a map, give complete customizable options for players who do not wish to have the map integrated into their gameplay at all. Yes, we do not have to click on the map, but sometimes when you need a nudge and you click on the hint, it brings forth the map. Another thing is please do not design your game play strategy with the thinking that everyone will use the map to play the game. Many like me don't like maps and prefer to find our own way around.

Another pet peeve of mine is when devs lock things like the wallpaper..i understand the bonus and games being locked, but in your demo you should allow the gamers to at least see the wallpapers and especially after buying in case they want to make their own along the way if they are not to their liking. If I buy the game and the wallpapers are locked I am one frustrated customer because not only do I like to display them while I play the game, but I also like to use them in BF's Jigsaw Galore and make my own puzzles with them as well. So please, keep that in mind.

I know many will like the things I don't so happy gaming and hope you are able to take advantage of the sale
~Demo played smoothly without any issues~

Demo download/install time: 3 minutes
Browser: Explorer 10
PC-Window7/64
AMD Radeon HD 7570
Broadband internet
USA Customer (Indiana)

Edited on 06/08/2013 at 9:21:15 AM PST

caput
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by caput on Jun 8, 13 10:34 AM
Ok, I kind of liked it and was thinking that my playing must have vastly improved as I was finding it so easy. Then alas, I read the other comments and everyone is finding it easy so I guess I am not all that advanced! Anyway I kind of liked it but not as a CE. Did like the graphics but the whole scenario is a bit labored IMO.

DeAnna2112
Clownfish
Clownfish
675 Posts

[Post New]by DeAnna2112 on Jun 8, 13 1:18 PM
twinsoniclab wrote:Am I the only one who had to click several times to get HOS items, or to open the typewriter etc?
It was too frustrating to play. Just getting those candies and jewels into their boxes (why not make it harder and have us look for them?) was more than I could stand.

I didn't have any problems with either of those issues, but the things like the candy and jewels really left me scratching my head ... here is a square now take the square shaped jewel and put it right here in the square ...here are candies put them in the box

Edited on 06/08/2013 at 1:22:53 PM PST

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

[Post New]by shorenuf on Jun 9, 13 11:44 AM
One noticeable difference -- inventory items just went into your inventory -- no window saying "wow, you just got a screwdriver". I liked that innovation.

phatkhat
Stingray
Stingray
5,001 Posts

[Post New]by phatkhat on Jun 9, 13 10:52 PM
It's not bad, but not great, either. I was so enthralled with Amaranthine Voyage, I was excited to see another game by the same Dev. Alas, this isn't nearly as good - at least for me.

Too many HOS, though they were easy enough. I liked the puzzles, though they were not mind-bending. The adventuring was just okay. Best part was the live acting and the voice-overs. The story is interesting, and that's the ONLY thing that makes me contemplate buying. But there will eventually be another BOGO sale, and I'm just not that excited by this one, LOL.

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Jun 10, 13 3:18 AM
I really enjoyed this game -- or at least the main game, I've just started the bonus. What a refreshing change to have a straight story. The puzzles were a bit on the easy side, but I thought perhaps that was because I chose the "easy" option, which I usually do the first time I play through a game. I did hit one glitch, trying to enter the mine, but after I got through that, everything was smooth and error free. I like looking for those extra things, even if they don't "do" anything at the end. It's just fun finding all of them. I'm sure I will play this game again.

lisablue4369
Flounder
Flounder
2,105 Posts

[Post New]by lisablue4369 on Jun 27, 13 9:53 AM
we enjoyed collecting the toys, crayons and letters through the game. we give this game a 3.5 out of 5 . it has a good story line, and keeps you involved throughout the game.--------------doug & lisa........................

mgqt
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by mgqt on Jul 17, 13 2:54 PM
played demo game was ok so i bought it now i need a security key number to play?
what is the security key

Go to: