bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Post any Off the Record: Linden Shades Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jun 8, 13 12:34 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

scrollingmama
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

Re:Post any Off the Record: Linden Shades Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by scrollingmama on Jun 8, 13 12:37 AM
maybe this is where I should have posted my other comment. I just dl'ed this game and without ever playing it, it shows up that the free trial has expired???? Whats up with that??? This looks like a game I would buy as I do buy most of the CE's but not without trying it first.

_DD_
Flounder
Flounder
2,115 Posts

Re:Post any Off the Record: Linden Shades Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by _DD_ on Jun 8, 13 12:42 AM
Copying my reply here also: De-install and re-install the game; that usually clears up the 'hiccup' during installation.

scrollingmama
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by scrollingmama on Jun 8, 13 12:47 AM
thank you DD I will try that

Althena533
Clownfish
Clownfish
502 Posts

[Post New]by Althena533 on Jun 8, 13 11:18 AM
_DD_ wrote:Copying my reply here also: De-install and re-install the game; that usually clears up the 'hiccup' during installation.

The word isn't deinstall, it's uninstall! ;v)

TAZZ1965
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by TAZZ1965 on Jun 8, 13 2:59 PM
im at the toy box where you put the 3 blocks in. The first block I picked up disappeared then I placed the other 2 blocks but the toy box wont open without the 1 block that disappeared. What am I to do without starting over?

wheals1
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by wheals1 on Jun 8, 13 4:49 PM
I'm short one red wire for the boat engine. Where is it?

vertical wire, that is.

Edited on 06/08/2013 at 4:49:41 PM PST

puzzlr
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by puzzlr on Jun 8, 13 7:37 PM
I was playing the demo and decided to purchase.
However. now when I try to play I just get the "Thank you for playing the demo" message and I can not play the game.
Any ideas?
I tried uninstall and re-install but it didn't help.

astral27
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by astral27 on Jun 8, 13 8:50 PM
I have finished the game and am at the Bonus level but when I went to do the puzzle to open the gate to the manor, it froze. I had to skip the puzzle to progress but it did not give me the second lot of wires (SPOILER: I have the first lot from the motorcycle seat), so am not able to progress. I have just the branch & 1 lot of wires.

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Jun 9, 13 4:13 AM
Heya Fishies,

I'm really sorry to hear about the problems some of you are experiencing.

scrollingmama - Keeping my fingers crossed for you! As _DD_ mentioned, uninstalling and reinstalling your game usually clears up those problems with your trial not being recognized.

TAZZ1965 - That sure sounds annoying! I would recommend to try uninstalling and reinstalling your game as it could be that some of your game files aren't working properly at this point and are responsible for the block disappearing.

wheals1 - While I'm not sure where you can find the red wire, you could always have a look at the game's integrated Strategy Guide that you can access by hovering your mouse over the typewriter and then clicking on diary.

puzzlr - It could be that your saved profile from the demo is blocking your game. As these often don't get deleted by a reinstall of the game I would recommend to get in touch with our Tech Support Team so they can send you steps specific to your system to remove that profile.

astral27 - That sure sounds frustrating! You could always try uninstalling and reinstalling the game to see if the wires appear as they should afterwards!

If this doesn’t help, our Technical Support will be more than happy to have a further look at this with you so you can enjoy your game again! To get help faster it would be a great help if you could include a Dr. Felix report. You can contact them 24/7 by clicking on the green envelope at the top-right of this page. On the next page you can find the Contact Us link on the bottom-left.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

Edited on 06/09/2013 at 5:31:52 AM PST

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Jun 9, 13 9:09 AM
I am at the mine and just put the machine parts on. Apparently there is a puzzle here, but all I get is a black screen with a hand cursor that goes crazy, but doesn't do anything. I tried waiting and skipping the puzzle, but that did not help at all.

Edit: I clicked all over the place. Found a shiny spot in the middle. Clicked on that and it said the machine was fixed. That is NOT a good way to have to play a game. I hope that it the one and only glitch in this game which up to now, I have found thoroughly enjoyable.

Edited on 06/09/2013 at 9:17:19 AM PST

puzzlr
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by puzzlr on Jun 9, 13 9:09 AM
puzzlr - It could be that your saved profile from the demo is blocking your game. As these often don't get deleted by a reinstall of the game I would recommend to get in touch with our Tech Support Team so they can send you steps specific to your system to remove that profile.

Removing the entire profile will force a brand new start and I'll lose an hours worth of accomplished play.

Edited on 06/09/2013 at 9:10:44 AM PST

Annie1115
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by Annie1115 on Jun 9, 13 9:55 AM
Super weird. The site refuses to let me purchase the game. I've removed and edited my payment details twice, double checked my funds just in case I'd been compromised overnight, and it still won't accept it. Anybody have this happen?

emerance
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

bug in bonus game

[Post New]by emerance on Jun 9, 13 11:26 AM
I go to an HO scene at the top of the stairs. The objective is to build the engine. However, when I clicked on the first wheel, it disappeared! I was able to find and place all the other objects, but without a wheel, I cannot finish the game. I tried backing out of the HO, but when I went back in and clicked on the engine, the wheel was still missing. This is obviously a bug.

[Post New]by hopa69 on Jun 9, 13 11:49 AM
Definitely a glitch in this game. If you pick up an item don't click it or it will disappear. The first problem was a box of chocolates where you move the chocolates into a slot. I had to start the game over with a new profile. But now I'm farther in the game and had photographs on a desk and didn't realize I had to move them to the wall, I clicked one and it has disappeared and now I have to start a new game or I will miss a clue. Be careful! Especially Mac players.

Sprattie
Herring
Herring
315 Posts

[Post New]by Sprattie on Jun 9, 13 1:34 PM
Thanks for the heads-up, hopa69. I play on a MacBook and have run into this problem in other games, to the point where I deleted and didn't reinstall. I want to purchase this game but maybe will wait until some of the glitches are fixed.

I so appreciate comments like yours - this is why I read through the forums before purchasing.

LunaNik
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

[Post New]by LunaNik on Jun 9, 13 3:56 PM
Playing on a MacBook and having the same issue with the box of chocolates. Some games don't like the trackpad for some reason. Looks like I won't be buying this game.

Sprattie
Herring
Herring
315 Posts

[Post New]by Sprattie on Jun 9, 13 5:25 PM
Guess what, I dropped a chocolate, a gem and a hammer (I think, it disappeared immediately) and am up to my 3rd profile in 30 minutes, having the same problem as the Mac users before me. I uninstalled and reinstalled and the tools on the wall show up in the HO scene but are all missing in the closeup window. This is definitely a game issue and needs to be repaired by the devs and whoever adapts the Mac version.

I want to purchase the game but not if I have to keep reinstalling and changing my profile and losing time.

Please do not release a game as a "Mac version" if it cannot be played smoothly on a Mac. I feel like a broken record having said this so many times before.

bestmommat
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

[Post New]by bestmommat on Jun 9, 13 6:03 PM
jennsmom wrote:I am at the mine and just put the machine parts on. Apparently there is a puzzle here, but all I get is a black screen with a hand cursor that goes crazy, but doesn't do anything. I tried waiting and skipping the puzzle, but that did not help at all.

Edit: I clicked all over the place. Found a shiny spot in the middle. Clicked on that and it said the machine was fixed. That is NOT a good way to have to play a game. I hope that it the one and only glitch in this game which up to now, I have found thoroughly enjoyable.

I too have reached this point and get the funky hand cursor which fills the screen with hands when I move my mouse but definitely seems like a glitch to me!

scoose
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by scoose on Jun 9, 13 11:43 PM
Same here with the wobbly music, black screen and the ghosting hand and ink pen nib. Very frustrating.

Go to: