heidid
Minnow
Minnow
269 Posts

What class?

[Post New]by heidid on Jun 8, 13 11:02 AM
I started a game with the ice mage, and I'm noticing it is pretty difficult to win anything. The first ambush went fine, but the first time I tried an arena battle I got trounced. Same with following the lady paladin.

I'm not unfamiliar with RPGs, tactics, etc - but it's frustrating to see 5 or 6 turns in a row get blocked completely. Against her, the basic attacks (bottom of the screen) are essentially useless.

So my question is: which class/character did you choose, and did you find it easy or hard to win most of the battles? I didn't expect the opponents to be very difficult when I'm only 15-20 minutes into the game...and I've lost 2 out of 3 fights (might be 2 out of 4?). Any input from those who have finished? I usually like RPGs, and I'd really like to figure out what I'm doing wrong before I decide whether or not to buy this one.

Re:What class?

[Post New]by turkthesnake on Jul 1, 14 1:18 PM
I've played through a couple of times. First I used Drake as a Druid, then I used Eleonor as a Paladin. I had to retry a couple of quest battles with Drake, but not to a frustrating extent. I mostly chose him because I thought the Druid cards looked cool. When I played as a Paladin, it felt like I blew right through everything. I even beat all the arena opponents the first time I visited Northmark, and I was able to amass quite a collection of cards in a short amount of time. I think the combo worked so well because with a paladin, you get a level 2 unit right off the bat. Then Eleonor has an advantage with ice, and the paladin has an attack that uses ice. Most units early in the game don't have defense against specialty attacks.

Go to: