Tips on getting the Graveyard Herb?

[Post New]by booksbooks0 on Jun 9, 13 2:21 AM
So for the last couple hours or so, I have been trying to collect the herb in the graveyard with the golden scythe.... I am able to cut it and pick it up, but when i try to get out of the woods again i get bombarded with zombies!!! I have tried luring them away and going around them but so far they always seem to get me.

This is getting frustrating because i cant get anywhere close to exiting the woods with the herb and everytime they catch me i have to go back and get it all over again...

Are there any tips or tricks i can do to succeed? im getting sick and tired of not being able to go any further in the game.

PsiBorg
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

Tips on getting the Graveyard Herb?

[Post New]by PsiBorg on Jun 9, 13 2:28 AM
booksbooks0 wrote:So for the last couple hours or so, I have been trying to collect the herb in the graveyard with the golden scythe.... I am able to cut it and pick it up, but when i try to get out of the woods again i get bombarded with zombies!!! I have tried luring them away and going around them but so far they always seem to get me.

This is getting frustrating because i cant get anywhere close to exiting the woods with the herb and everytime they catch me i have to go back and get it all over again...

Are there any tips or tricks i can do to succeed? im getting sick and tired of not being able to go any further in the game.

This is one of the most frustrating parts of the game as you really struggle to get the herb out, but once you get the herb out, you'll understand why the devs made it so hard, I don't want to spoil anything for you.

I usually come in from an entrance and immediately click the graveyard and then watch as my little guy runs and see where the zombie's are to already have an exfil plan.

Once I have the herb I then play my entrance in reverse and run around the zombies. The only real issue is the bottleneck when you leave the graveyard area, the rest of the woods is pretty ok to get through.

Hope this helps

firrine
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

Re:Tips on getting the Graveyard Herb?

[Post New]by firrine on Jun 9, 13 8:12 AM
Yes booksbooks0, i had trouble too. It took me 4 or 5 tries to figure out the route to take that was the quickest and got me in and out with the least amount of trouble. I will say that the longer you stay in the forest, the more zombies will come to your current location. Figure out which route you want to take (since there are 5 possible exit/entrances) and don't dally! Get in, get the herb, and get out!

[Post New]by heathertown on Jun 9, 13 8:56 AM
I'm having a hard time, but not with the zombies. Before I go into the woods I can see the golden scythe in my hands, but after I enter the woods it doesn't seem to be there anymore and it won't let me cut the flower because it says I don't have the scythe...? What's goin' on? Am I doing something wrong? Or is this possibly a glitch?

firrine
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by firrine on Jun 9, 13 10:13 AM
heathertown, it is a fixed bug in the game. You should uninstall/reinstall the game as per the bfg forum mods.

Edited on 06/09/2013 at 10:15:35 AM PST

[Post New]by Oliver_FFYL on Jun 9, 13 2:49 PM
A small hint for this section:
If you have the herb, the zombies will come towards you no matter how far they are away. If you don't have the herb, they only come towards you when they're in your sight. So you might use that to lure them away from the graveyard entrance before grabbing the herb.

If you find that you spent too much time in the woods and the zombies are blocking your way out completely, just exit the woods and enter again. They will then be put to their original places.

I've found that the entrance to the right is the easiest to get to once you have the herb. Otherwise, keep trying :-)

[Post New]by suedeclerck on Jun 9, 13 4:17 PM
I agree with books. 15 - 20 times. That's not even fun any more. I am frustrated and giving up! The zombies become invisible until they are attacking. I'm done.

quarters94
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by quarters94 on Jun 10, 13 7:56 AM
I was getting so annoyed but kept playing. I finally got the herb by just waiting around in the graveyard for a few mins until all the zombies got in there and just made my way around and out. spoiler below written in white...

[color=#ffffff] the game is over after you give the herb to the doc. I was very disapointed. I wish I would have known this before I bought it because the actual story mode seemed way to short. I never even got the golden hammer or ax. [/color]

Go to: