zuix
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

Spoiler - Foolproof way to beat every level

[Post New]by zuix on Jun 9, 13 3:16 AM
Using this method, you can beat every level with ease. In fact, you have to frequently keep playing a level after you have beaten it, just to get all the fractured fairy tales stories if you want them. This isn't a cheat - it's just taking advantage of the way the game works. The method is the same for all levels:

First day
Borrow all money available from Loan Shark
Don't buy supplies!
Get as many upgrades as you can afford as follows:
Store front - at least 1 or 2 upgrades
Spy Devices - get the mole and no more - you don't need the rest
Potion maker - buy up to "better" when available
Entertainment - buy up to "better" when available
Warehouse - skip for now
Spells - buy the flying elephant drop
Then put the rest of your money in research. Start the day. Say yes to "low supplies" question.

You won't get any customers, and at the end of the day, the godmother gives you a second chance. You get all your loan paid back, some starting money, and then you have just gotten all those upgrades for free!

Second day
Borrow all the money again.
Reset your research to $0 for now.
Set your advertising on "non-stop infomercials"
Buy supplies as needed for % of people (e.g. 30% - buy about 15-20 supplies). Use the "recipe" tab, not the "purchase" tab.
Set prices accordingly.
Use the mole to spy on research rate for opponents. Set yours to within about 1-2 days of them. (e.g if opponent has 11 days to go, set yours at 11 or 12). The opponents will increase the rate of research in the days following, but don't worry - just stay even or 1 day ahead. They end up dropping back and not beating you to the new potions.
Important - then pay back all that you can of your loan. Start the day.

Day 3 and so on
Buy supplies and price accordingly.
Use the mole every turn to make sure you are keeping up with the opponents' research.
Pay back every dollar you can on your loan. You may have to borrow money each turn to buy enough supplies, but pay back every dollar you can before starting the day. While you are still in debt, try to start each day with $0. If you run short of supplies during the day's turn, just use the flying elephant drop.
You will gradually come out in the black each day. Then, finish getting your upgrades.
Once you have all upgrades, all potions researched and no debt, buy 4 magic carpets or large babies to pound the opponents into the dirt!

Have fun :-)

Edited on 06/09/2013 at 3:22:51 AM PST

Re:Spoiler - Foolproof way to beat every level

[Post New]by sneezy1974 on Jun 30, 13 10:51 PM
I used a formula to set prices. I didn't know about the "do over" cheat. That's interesting.
So here's how I do it:
I don't have to borrow money on the first day to:
-Set the research days to 9, and forget it for the rest of the game
-Set the advertisement to brainwash or non-stop infomercials
-Buy the next best potion maker
-Maybe buy the next best store front or warehouse
-Buy 20 potions

The formula I use for the rest of the game is this:
S = the difference between the highest and lowest sale price for a potion
P = percent of population afflicted
B = Base, lowest price for potion
(S X .0P) + B

For example:
S =The price range for the potion is $40-70 (the difference here is $30)
P= The percentage of the afflicted population is 44%
B = The lowest price for the potion is $40
so:
(30X.44) +40 = 53.2
I set the price of my potion at $53.

Fairy Godmother never says a word about it, but

This works for everything but the last level. I have yet to figure out what is going on in Castle City. Apparently price is NOT an issue when you have the kind of money a capital city has. I've used the mole. I've used (Sx.0Px2) + B.
Godmother is all over me most days...

[Post New]by rosey3223 on Sep 15, 13 2:27 AM
I tried the first "foolproof" method, and unless something has changed (I've had this game for quite a few years), it didn't work. I did the first day that says borrow and buy everything but supplies, and how FGM is suppose to grant you a "do-over". Well, three tries now, and all she keeps saying is how "business seems really slow". So, all in all, it didn't work

zuix
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by zuix on Feb 19, 14 9:15 AM
rosey3223 wrote:I tried the first "foolproof" method, and unless something has changed (I've had this game for quite a few years), it didn't work. I did the first day that says borrow and buy everything but supplies, and how FGM is suppose to grant you a "do-over". Well, three tries now, and all she keeps saying is how "business seems really slow". So, all in all, it didn't work

Tutorialville is a little harder to "lose" at the first round, because it's so easy. That's happened to me too. You don't get the second chance if you have too much money in research, because you can just decrease that, then you're not out of money enough for the Godmother to bail you out. Just make sure to buy all the upgrades and put little money in research on the first round. Then this method works just fine.

For the rest of the levels - it's easy to get bailed out after the first turn.

Go to: