bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

Post any Viking Saga technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Jun 10, 13 12:33 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

g_abriele
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

Re:Post any Viking Saga technical issues here only

[Post New]by g_abriele on Jun 10, 13 3:00 AM
Windows 7

E.... Violation error ......??????

Level 2 ... everytime.

Csustar
Clownfish
Clownfish
565 Posts

[Post New]by Csustar on Jun 10, 13 4:50 AM
Be sure to contact the tech department, I did not experience any problems at all, so far.

wxman77477
Clownfish
Clownfish
557 Posts

[Post New]by wxman77477 on Jun 10, 13 6:06 AM
Level 7 - I used the "freeze time" icon and it stayed frozen until I finished all tasks. Pretty easy level with that type of problem.

janspack
Herring
Herring
338 Posts

[Post New]by janspack on Jun 10, 13 1:09 PM
Level 19 is giving an access violation. I've started the game twice now and same thing has happened both times. I've done the dxdiag bit and don't need any updates for my drivers.

This is the second strategy game in two days that I've had Access Violation problems. I'm running Windows 8 on a laptop that is under a year old.

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Jun 10, 13 2:27 PM
Hi Fishies,

For those of you experiencing access violation errors, it can be helpful to review the information here on our help article here:

Access Violation

If those aren't working, please let our Tech Support Team know so they can look into that for you.

Hopefully that'll help get you back to gaming quickly!

bfgSeine

galotter
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by galotter on Jun 10, 13 6:45 PM
There seems to be a bonus level, below the first 10 levels on the map. When you mouse over it says you need to complete levels 1-10 with three stars, yet even though I have done so (on the medium difficulty) it will not let me access the bonus level.

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Jun 11, 13 2:04 AM
Heya galotter,

That sure sounds a bit odd! It might be that some of the files for your game are having a small hickup and won't unlock the level In these cases we found that uninstalling and reinstalling the game often helps to resolve such issues.

If this doesn’t help, our Technical Support will be more than happy to have a further look at this with you so you can enjoy your game again! To get help faster it would be a great help if you could include a Dr. Felix report. You can contact them 24/7 by clicking on the green envelope at the top-right of this page. On the next page you can find the Contact Us link on the bottom-left.

If you are a member of our Big Fish Game Club you can contact us without waiting through our Live-Chat, which is open for you Monday – Friday from 7:30 am – 4:30 pm PST.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

strilf
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

[Post New]by strilf on Jun 11, 13 7:43 AM
Whenever I exit the game (real life interferes, sigh), my total score is reset. It feels very demoralizing to go from 100K+ to about 8K. However, it seems to be cosmetic, 'cause when I go to "scores" from the main menu, the correct score seems to be displayed.
It's not a major issue, but still a slight glitch in the game, I think.

barpol
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by barpol on Jun 11, 13 6:34 PM
Level 7 seems to have a time issue. The stars clock does not count down and when I use a bonus function it never replenishes. When I finished the level it said I had done it in 21 seconds. I'm sure that was not so. It may be the use of a bonus function that just seems to freeze the rest of time. I used the run faster bonus function.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jun 12, 13 3:18 AM
Hi Fishies,

strilf - I am glad that your real scores are showing on scoreboard but we will pass this along to the developer, so thank you from bringing this to our attention.

barpol - I haven't seen any reports on this issues so hopefully, we can address it with a few updates. The advice in the following help article will help you with this process and I would recommend trying them as even a few simple updates can make a vast improvement in how your games runs.

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If the issues persist after checking out that article, please contact Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page. One of our Reps will be happy to take a closer look at this with you.

Best of luck!

bfgBaikal

[Post New]by torqueup on Jun 12, 13 11:34 PM
I am also experiencing a violation error on level 19. As you click on the top right hand corner build plot. I cannot go any further as the game then closes down.

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Jun 13, 13 7:00 AM
Heya torqueup, welcome to the Pond!

If you haven't tried it yet you might find a solution for the access violation in our Access Violation help article that bfgSeine mentioned already as well.

If the steps don't help our Technical Support will be more than happy to have a further look at this with you so you can enjoy your game again! To get help faster it would be a great help if you could include a Dr. Felix report. You can contact them 24/7 by clicking on the green envelope at the top-right of this page. On the next page you can find the Contact Us link on the bottom-left.

If you are a member of our Big Fish Game Club you can contact us without waiting through our Live-Chat, which is open for you Monday – Friday from 7:30 am – 4:30 pm PST.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

[Post New]by lorikgator on Jun 13, 13 4:17 PM
I've submitted a report and run Dr. Felix but I wanted to share an issue I'm consistently having in case anyone else encounters it. The game works perfectly on ALL levels (PC, Windows 7, all drivers up to date, etc.) except the Section 3 bonus level - the sheep. As I reach approximately 24 captured sheep and the timer gets close to the end of the 3 star time, I get an Access Violation and the game shuts down. It has happened to me 5 times now and I've been dumb enough to keep trying! Hopefully tech support can save me from having to skip the sheep level! I'm a total completionist! :-)

lisakell
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by lisakell on Jun 14, 13 4:25 PM
lorikgator wrote:I've submitted a report and run Dr. Felix but I wanted to share an issue I'm consistently having in case anyone else encounters it. The game works perfectly on ALL levels (PC, Windows 7, all drivers up to date, etc.) except the Section 3 bonus level - the sheep. As I reach approximately 24 captured sheep and the timer gets close to the end of the 3 star time, I get an Access Violation and the game shuts down. It has happened to me 5 times now and I've been dumb enough to keep trying! Hopefully tech support can save me from having to skip the sheep level! I'm a total completionist! :-)

I second that. Every time, just as I capture the last sheep, I get access violation and have to start over. It is sooooo frustrating!!

Edit: I just read in another post that several others have experienced the same thing, so it really seems to be a problem with this one.

Edited on 06/14/2013 at 4:33:03 PM PST

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Jun 14, 13 4:33 PM
Hey lorikgator,

Thanks for contacting our Tech Support Team with that Dr. Felix and then posting here as well. That's really valuable information for us to have (as well as the other Fishies).

I'll keep my fins crossed that this is all sorted out for you soon!

bfgDeveron

[Post New]by PippEmma on Jun 14, 13 10:29 PM
At level 40, I clear the way up to the green crystal and click on it...nothing happens. I've clicked all over the area at times...nothing happens. I've cleared the way through to the green at least 3 times, clicked, nothing happens. Thanks.

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Jun 16, 13 3:19 AM
Heya PippEmma, welcome to the Pond!

It sounds like some of the files for your game aren't working properly, which is why your game won't react properly. In cases like these we found that uninstalling and reinstalling the game often helps to clear these issues as it gives all files a refresh so they can work properly.

If this doesn’t help, our Technical Support will be more than happy to have a further look at this with you so you can enjoy your game again! To get help faster it would be a great help if you could include a Dr. Felix report. You can contact them 24/7 by clicking on the green envelope at the top-right of this page. On the next page you can find the Contact Us link on the bottom-left.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

hezzak
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by hezzak on Jun 16, 13 6:12 PM
Error violation on Bonus level, every time I get to about 27 out of 33 sheep!

[Post New]by lilpollyesther on Jun 16, 13 11:21 PM
I couldn't even get in to the game, as after downloading and installing I get "error access violation at 0x0063F8E8........" when I tried to play. Oh well.....

Go to: