bfgErie
Catfish
Catfish
1,538 Posts

New Version of Mae Q`West and the Sign of the Stars Available Now

[Post New]by bfgErie on Mar 2, 09 12:00 PM
We have a new build of the Mae Q`West and the Sign of the Stars available on the website right now. This new version corrects the error that occurs at the wrecked ship level where it was not possible to collect the archer photo in the game. To get the new version, simply uninstall the game from your computer and then reinstall the game from our website. For instructions on how to do this, click on the link below that will take you to a help page article that gives you step by step information:

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

Installing the new version will not erase your progress in the game. After you uninstall and reinstall the game, you should be able to start where you left off and continue past this point without any problems.

If you have any trouble installing the new version of the game, please contact our Technical Support team. You can contact our support team by clicking here or by clicking on the "We're here to help" link at the right of this page.

bfgErie

Edited on 03/02/2009 at 12:18:53 PM PST

niya00
Lobster
Lobster
99 Posts

Re:New Version of Mae Q`West and the Sign of the Stars Available Now

[Post New]by niya00 on Mar 2, 09 12:22 PM
Yeaaa BF. Kudos on customer service. Just finished my new download for Mae Q'west and off to play!! Catch you tomorrow!

[Post New]by DBGIRL on Mar 2, 09 12:29 PM
It still errors out on the fill in words area. The game closes out. When I restart it, makes me start all over. Gives you no option for "Player Name". I have uninstalled and reinstalled new version and the same thing.
This is one I will not buy. I have 18 mins. left of free trial and haven't gotten past the 4 level. (fill in words just after antique shop).

[Post New]by hellsaz on Mar 2, 09 1:02 PM
IT STILL DOESN'T WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!WHEN YOU GET TO THE LEVEL AT THE PRIMATE HOUSE. ITS SAYS 0/18 EVEN THOUGH ITS A FIND THE ERROR. I FOUND 12/12 ERRORS AND IT WON'T LET ME MOVE ON. I USED A HINT AND IT POINTS YOU TO THE LINE DIVIDING THE 2 PICTURES, WHICH DOES NOTHING WHEN YOU CLICK THEIR AND ALL AROUND IT. AND YOU CANNOT GO ANY FURTHER IN THE GAME, IT ALSO WILL NOT LET YOU START LEVEL AGAIN.

[Post New]by txloose on Mar 2, 09 1:14 PM
downloaded the new version and finished the boat wrecked now i'm stuck at the italian-grocery "pay stub"
I can't even use a hint or restart

can anyone help?

[Post New]by anglhrt770 on Mar 2, 09 1:39 PM
txloose wrote:downloaded the new version and finished the boat wrecked now i'm stuck at the italian-grocery "pay stub"
I can't even use a hint or restart

can anyone help?

its off to the right side on the floor, very faint

[Post New]by txloose on Mar 2, 09 1:45 PM
thank you

Gajillion
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by Gajillion on Mar 2, 09 4:38 PM
THIS GAME IS A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT! BFG NEEDS A TOTALLY BETTER Q/A DEPARTMENT IF THIS IS WHAT WE GET EVEN AFTER A "FIX"... I AM SOOOOO DISAPPOINTED!

wisteriad
Clownfish
Clownfish
620 Posts

[Post New]by wisteriad on Mar 2, 09 7:40 PM
Thank you BigFish for the fast fix on the archer photo stopper. I uninstalled/reinstalled and was able to click that photo immediately!

Thanks again!

[Post New]by jperleevt on Mar 3, 09 5:24 AM
I was able to get the picture and continue but now everytime I try and do the solitare puzzles I get an access violation error and the game closes. Any thoughts? I can live w/ out doing them but than might not get enough to get all the zodiac's. I still have 2 to get.

Jen

bfgErie
Catfish
Catfish
1,538 Posts

[Post New]by bfgErie on Mar 3, 09 3:51 PM
Just want to let everyone know that we now have another version of Mae Q`West and the Sign of the Stars available for download right now. This newest version should resolve the access violation/crash that a small percentage of customers are experiencing. To get the new version, simply uninstall the game from your computer and then reinstall the game from our website. For instructions on how to do this, click on the link below that will take you to a help page article that gives you step by step information:

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

If you have any trouble installing the new version of the game, please contact our Technical Support team. You can contact our support team by clicking here or by clicking on the "We're here to help" link at the right of this page.

[Post New]by elcee65 on Mar 3, 09 4:14 PM
I've now uninstalled and reinstalled the game twice. Still stuck on the pay stub. The hints do not work. Money gets subtracted, but nothing else, I also can't click solve (I have more than enough items gathered). What next? Game is cool, but obviously quite buggy.

jorn1996
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by jorn1996 on Mar 3, 09 4:29 PM
I did that and was able to get the picture, but now as I start a new game, I have a bew problem. It's just after I finish at the zoo. Every time I get an error message and then I have to start the game ALL over again. HELP!!!

Blabs
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by Blabs on Mar 3, 09 4:44 PM
Unfortunately, the new version hasn't fixed my game-I am still getting the hint sparkling on the dividing line in the Primate House AND unfortunately no ticket to be found. Please fix the fix. I see I am not the only one having this problem.

Other than that I really like the game

[Post New]by mscheide on Mar 3, 09 4:48 PM
I have found a problem on the Primates location - when you click hint with only 2 items left to find - one of them being the "ticket stub" - it shows the hint right down the split screen line. I think others may be having the same error.

bfgErie
Catfish
Catfish
1,538 Posts

[Post New]by bfgErie on Mar 3, 09 4:56 PM
If you are still having technical problems with this game, I would recommend contacting our fantastic Customer Support team. If there is another bug still in the game, the Customer Support team can pull together more information from everyone that we can then give to the games developer. Contacting our Support Team is the best way to help us correct these kinds of issues.

You can contact our support team by clicking here or by clicking on the "We're Here to Help!" link at the right of this page.

Thanks for coming to the forums!

weeharleyboy
Shark
Shark
13,276 Posts

[Post New]by weeharleyboy on Mar 4, 09 8:19 AM
Near the end now but my hint is telling me that the toy car is behind my 'objects to find' list in jack's study. Soooo frustrating!

dixie1234
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by dixie1234 on Mar 4, 09 10:08 AM
I have installed the new version and played the game, didnt get enough to buy all the zodiac signs so replayed game and bought them all and nothing. It said buy all for a nice surprise. Well surprise nothing.

[Post New]by lostbuttrying on Mar 4, 09 12:12 PM
I was looking for a new HO game to purchase. My game credits are burning a hole in my pocket (I was never one for saving). This one looked like it may be my newest acquisition until I read the posts. Didn't try the trial version. Thanks to all of you who saved me from wasting a credit!!!

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Mar 4, 09 2:45 PM
dixie1234 wrote:I have installed the new version and played the game, didnt get enough to buy all the zodiac signs so replayed game and bought them all and nothing. It said buy all for a nice surprise. Well surprise nothing.

When you buy all the Zodiac signs you are given a bonus level- the Coffee Shop

Go to: