bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

UPDATED PC version now available! July 9, 2013

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Jun 10, 13 2:45 PM
Hi Fishies,

Great news! A new PC version is available for Chronicles of Albian 2: The Wizbury School of Magic! This latest version fixes an Access Violation error that was occurring in Seek and Sprint mode.

To ensure you are playing the newest version, please uninstall and reinstall the game. Steps on how to do that can be found in the following help article:

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

If you have any problems with this game, you can contact our Tech Support Team with any further questions or concerns.

Happy gaming,

bfgSeine

Edited on 07/09/2013 at 11:15:14 AM PST

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

Re:UPDATED PC version now available! June 10, 2013

[Post New]by Valdy on Jun 12, 13 3:56 AM
I only just saw this update when I came to the part where I have to zoom in to a wooden box and the whole game freezes, and I get an Access Violation error message.

I therefore uninstalled the game, and reinstalled the new version. Didn't make any difference. I went back into the "Art Hall" scene, I think it's called, and until I zoom in to the box, I am fine. But the game still freezes and I still get that error message with the new version.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jun 12, 13 4:17 AM
I am sorry to hear that Valdy!

Although the update does not specify the need for a new profile, it might be a good idea to try that because it would seem that the patch is not working with this profile.

Of course, if you would like us to have a closer look, you can pop a message through to our Tech Support Team.

Thank you,

bfgBaikal

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jun 12, 13 7:37 AM
Hi Baikal...

It would be a shame if I had to start the whole game again from the beginning, but if that is the only way to get passed this problem, then that's what I will have to do.

I did contact CS and sent a Dr. Felix Report at the same time. I was hoping that the developers would have another look at the game, but I guess adding a new profile is the best thing to do. *sigh*

Am really enjoying this game. Don't go for straight HOGs anymore, but this one is quite unique.

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Jun 12, 13 10:24 AM
just wanted to let you know the new patch did fix the issue in the seek and sprint with the snowflake, hope they get other peoples issues sorted

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jun 13, 13 1:11 AM
Baikal... I have now played under a new profile, and when I get to the Art Hall and zoom in to the wooden box, the same thing happens: game freezes and an Access Violation Error message is coming up.

Well, I'll better get back to CS, who also recommended to play under a new profile, and tell them the bad news. What a shame...

Edited to add: CS has now suggested to delete the .save file in the AppData/Local folder, which I did. I then started the game for the third time, and STILL it freezes when I get to that part.

I have now uninstalled the game, and told CS that I won't be trying it a fourth time. Enough is enough...

Edited on 06/13/2013 at 8:31:05 PM PST

Penny1942
Clownfish
Clownfish
554 Posts

[Post New]by Penny1942 on Jun 14, 13 8:12 AM
I am also having the same problem with the game freezing in the art hall at the box close up. I have reinstalled with the "new fix", tried to run as administrator, opened a new profile and it just won't run past this point. Great game but it just seems to have a malfunction in the middle. This is a very complicated, lots of things to do, go back and forth, update the school etc., having to start over with a new profile only to have it all come to nothing is very irritating and certainly enough to make you think twice about buying anything else from the developer.

[Post New]by doedak on Jun 14, 13 12:07 PM
I have never had any complaints of Big Fish and can usually find my way around problems with a game but with "Chronicles of Albian 2- The Wizbury School of Magic", I can't seem to do it. I have download, uninstalled and downloaded again for about the fifth or sixth time and still cannot keep the game from freezing in the art room. I would really like to play this but I also did the update for June 10 that you listed, Is there anything else to do , if not can you please give me b ack the free game I spent on this one so I can get another to pllay. Thank you

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jun 14, 13 7:00 PM
After having played this game three times - each time with a new profile, and after deleting the .save file - and still couldn't continue when I came to the Art Hall and zoomed in on the wooden box, CS has given me a coupon to purchase another game with.

Thank you Catherine from Seattle.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jun 15, 13 5:09 AM
Hi Fishies,

Valdy - I am sorry for all the back and forth with this game, it is great to have you willingly try all of our suggestion and I am sorry they were so ineffective on this occasion. I am very pleased that Catherine was able to resolve this matter in some way for you.

For nay one else experiencing persistent issues with this game having already tried the suggestions offered, please don't hesitate to contact Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page.

We are very limited as to the support we can offer via the Forums hence, that team will be glad to help you out. Also, they can also provide some alternative solutions such as replacing the game if you understandably, would prefer to play another.

I hope this information is helpful and thank you all for working with us on this!

bfgBaikal

genie60
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by genie60 on Jun 30, 13 5:02 PM
i didnt install this game until after the updated version came out and i am crashing in the art hall. so my question is...if the problem was there when they updated, why wasnt this prob fixed also???

[Post New]by theredace5000 on Jul 8, 13 6:50 AM
Art hall bug solved!!

If you're having the problem with the game crashing/runtime error in the art hall when you click on the box, the problem is caused simply by having the custom cursor turned OFF. If you turn the custom cursor back ON then it will not crash. Once you pass this section, you can turn it off again.

Hope that helps!

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Jul 9, 13 11:14 AM
Hi Everyone,

Great news! A new PC version is available for Chronicles of Albian 2: The Wizbury School of Magic! This latest version fixes an Access Violation error that was occurring in the Art Hall when the default cursor was turned off.

To ensure you are playing the newest version, please uninstall and reinstall the game. Steps on how to do that can be found in the following help article:

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

If you have any problems with this game, you can contact our Tech Support Team with any further questions or concerns.

Happy gaming,

bfgDeveron

Re:UPDATED PC version now available! July 9, 2013

[Post New]by happyhorse72 on Jul 31, 13 5:35 PM
My problem got fixed, and I like the five difficulties.

Go to: